• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PWA paypal issue?

Trout69

HI All,

I've had a look through to see whether this has been asked before but no luck...

I have installed PWA and it works fine, however my problem comes when i go to process the order. As the orders do not show up in admin all i get is a paypal payment email telling me i have sold something. All sounds fine right? Wrong...

I have no way of finding out what the customer has actually bought and paid for as no information is passed onto paypal, just the amount?

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway i can get the orders to show up in admin? This is obviously a major problem for me, so i have had to disable the mod until i can figure out how to fix it.

Best Regards

Donna

HI All,

I've had a look through to see whether this has been asked before but no luck...

I have installed PWA and it works fine, however my problem comes when i go to process the order. As the orders do not show up in admin all i get is a paypal payment email telling me i have sold something. All sounds fine right? Wrong...

I have no way of finding out what the customer has actually bought and paid for as no information is passed onto paypal, just the amount?

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there anyway i can get the orders to show up in admin? This is obviously a major problem for me, so i have had to disable the mod until i can figure out how to fix it.

Best Regards

Donna

yes i have got the same problem, can any one help, is there an answer..?

Thanks

saj

After your customer submits their payment via PayPal they have to click on the button that says "Return To Merchant". If they do not click on this button on the PayPal website, the order will never be finalized in OS Commerce. The result is that OS Commerce will think the products are just sitting in the customer's shopping basket rather then being a part of a completed order.

There is a work-around if you are database saavy. You can go into the database and locate the customer's shopping basket, then identify which products were included in the purchase. This is obviously very time-intensive and is unacceptable as a long term solution.

I am a web developer who is experiencing the same problem with one of my customer's websites. Currently I am looking into a resolution for this problem and will let you know as soon as I have figured out how to simply resolve the problem.

Ok, I was able to find a work-around that I found to be satisfactory. There is a contribution which claims to solve the problem, but it's more of a work-around.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...1/search,paypal

This contribution basically tells you how to put a notice on your website to instruct the customer to click on the "Return to Merchant" button after they submit their payment. Most people will hopefully follow this instruction and the problem will be solved. However, if they do not click on the button it will be less embarracing to call them and ask them what they ordered. At least you can say, "Hey, did you not see our instruction about returning to our site after you send your payment? Don't worry about it, we got your payment...but I'm going to need you to tell me what you ordered because the details did not show up on our site since your order was never finalized."

Though it's not the best solution, we're going to try it out.

Here are the instructions provided by the contribution:

(All you do is edit the following file)

/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal.php

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_TITLE', 'Credit Card - <span style="font-weight: normal">(Pay with any credit card SECURELY through PayPal, even without a PayPal account!)</span><br><br><font color=#FF0000">Very Important!!!! <span style="font-weight: normal">For your security, the next few steps of the payment process will be handled by PayPal. This is a very secure process! When you see the page that says "You Have Completed Your Purchase" be sure to click on the "Return To Merchant" button located at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, we will receive your payment but not your order details.</span></font>');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'PayPal');