Sign in to follow this  
trogette

yet more paypal...

I've got an order that's been paid by PayPal eCheque, and now I'm waiting for it to clear. Will PayPal 'talk' to OsCommerce to tell it when the cheque clears and automatically update? I'm assuming not, would be handy if it was that clever though, lol

I do not believe they do send a message back to the site to tell you there is an order. This has been a problem since the first of this year. I noticed on my own sites if I take off the PayPal module totally, just to test this, once an order was made on the site, it went to the pending orders box. Of course, you do not get paid but it worked so that told me it is a PayPal problem that sales are not being recordered though the money is.

If I put PayPal on, it does not go to the pending orders box and I never know was is in the order. So based on that, NO PayPal will not send the message back to the site to say there is an order nor do you know what the customer ordered. I think this is a PayPal problem and they need to fix it or I may have to leave them and try something else. If it were not for email bnotification that I have money I would not know about an order. This needs to be fixed by PayPal.

Edited by GroupOneSales

ah I think that's an issue with the notification system, there are a few different paypal modules, I use IPN from late '04 when my shop was being created. Works fine with normal payments, wondering about eCheques :)