• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping a Single Product with Multiple Boxes

Hello all,

I have a situation where I have a single product that needs to be shipped in multiple boxes via UPS. I had been using another shopping cart service (Americart) which would let you designate a multiple box product, but so far, I haven't been able to find any way to make OSC perform that function.

I did see the UPS XML contrubution with the dimensional support, but I have over 1100 products, and there are only 3 or 4 which need the multiple box scenario. I can't go through and enter the boxing dimensions for all of the other products. So it's important to be abel to speficy this multiple box option for each product.

Is there a contribution out there or a method to get this done?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I'm sure that there are others out there who could benefit from this information.

Edited by fourmat

• 2 weeks later...

I now have the UPS XML contrib up and running, but I still need the multiple box options for some products. Does anyone have any idea where I might start to build this feature in? I would imagine that you would have to add another column for a second box weight in the SQL table and then tell the UPS module to calculate te cost of the second box, then addit to the cost of the first box.

I'm nt familiar enough with the scripts to make this happen. Anyone have any ideas here? Thanks...

osC has a maximum package weight that is set in admin. Let's say the max weight is set to 30 lb. If you product is 50 lb, then the shipping module should calculate 1 30lb package and 1 20lb package. At least, that is how it works in the FedEx realtime shipping module.

See if that is how the UPS module works as well. So that may be your starting point.