• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Restraining manufacturer image size?

DEMAND Performance

It looks like the manufacturer image uses the value for categories. I want to leave the category sizes as is, but I want the manufacturer image to be a lot smaller. How can I constrain only that?

Example of one that's a problem: http://demand-performance.com/store/produc...&products_id=48

Thanks!

It looks like the manufacturer image uses the value for categories. I want to leave the category sizes as is, but I want the manufacturer image to be a lot smaller. How can I constrain only that?

Example of one that's a problem: http://demand-performance.com/store/produc...&products_id=48

Thanks!

actually the manufacturer info box doesn't use any size parametrs at all, so it will use the image in the size uploaded as is. Of ycourse you now have two possibilities:

- limit display size (could suck if you had a mini-pic that would be streched)

- reupload your manufacturer pics in the suze you want after resizing them locally

if (tep_not_null($manufacturer['manufacturers_image'])) $manufacturer_info_string .= '<tr><td align="center" class="infoBoxContents" colspan="2">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $manufacturer['manufacturers_image'], $manufacturer['manufacturers_name']) . '</td></tr>';

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

That does create a problem, you're right. Resizing them makes them look a lot better when displayed with a product. But the stretch is terrible when you want to view the manufacturer. Any ideas on removing that stretch?

sure thing ... this is in index.php

// Get the right image for the top-right

$image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$image = $image['manufacturers_image'];

} elseif ($current_category_id) {

$image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$image = $image['categories_image'];

}

?>

<td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

again 2 possibilities:

if your cat pics are the size you want them to be anyway, you can just omit the size parameters.

if your cats are being resized, but differently, you need to add the width/heigt parametes as variables to the if a few lines above, specifying different values for cat and manu

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived