• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate wont populate

baalwww

I have 2.2, not 2.1. I installed and Easy Populate appears in my Catalog list of links. I click, and the screen is there. I select download of all info, and I get a file containing all the info (I'm still sporting the default osCommerce productrs).

I've tried re-uploading the same, unmodified file. I've tried changing a product, and I've tried adding a product to the file. In all cases, once I browse to the file, and click populate, I get no messages or display other than a quick return to the Easy Populate screen.

I've got 300+ items to upload this week...someone help...please!

I have 2.2, not 2.1. I installed and Easy Populate appears in my Catalog list of links. I click, and the screen is there. I select download of all info, and I get a file containing all the info (I'm still sporting the default osCommerce productrs).

I've tried re-uploading the same, unmodified file. I've tried changing a product, and I've tried adding a product to the file. In all cases, once I browse to the file, and click populate, I get no messages or display other than a quick return to the Easy Populate screen.

I've got 300+ items to upload this week...someone help...please!

You'll have to split the file, it can handle only 300 lines per file.

There is a spliting utility on the admin area.

You'll have to split the file, it can handle only 300 lines per file.

There is a spliting utility on the admin area.

Yes, but I wasn't clear in explaining the problem. Rignt now I am only testing this with the default items that come with oscommerce, which is a handful...and it doesn't work.

ah, a step closer...here is what seems to be the problem. I get the following message:

Warning: file(/hsphere/local/home/baalwww/mydom.comtemp/EP2006Jan30-0909.txt

notice the lack of a / between com and temp. where would i find the cause of this?