• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO URLs on Windows/IIS

Turek

I've been tasked with moving a new client's site from a Unix platform to a Windows/IIS platform. So far, everything has gone smoothly. I got PHP and MySQL running, copied all the files over, and got basic pages running.

However, I'm having troubles with, I believe, Ultimate SEO. When I click on a product, I get redirected to a page that isn't there. I realize these pages aren't real pages and are built on the fly. On the existing client's site this works correctly. Served with IIS, I get 404 errors.

The client's installed version of Ultimate SEO URLs is 2.1, and in the documentation for 2.1 it says:

In this release the cName method of URL generation has been DISCONTINUED. If you are hosted on a Windows server or otherwise need the cName method please use v2.0b.

So... I'm wondering, how difficult and what would it entail to downgrade from 2.1 to 2.0b? Is that what I actually want to do to fix my problem?

Just undo all your steps from 2.1 (or upload all your backup files because you did backup right?). Be sure to remove the mod rewrites etc as well.

Then go through all the steps for 2.0b.

Not that hard since you have already gone through it once.

I apologize if I was unclear.

The client was hosting the site on another provider who, I assume, did the install and all the work on it. Now they're looking to host their site with us.

I haven't done anything on the site other than copy the files from a Unix box (at the other hosting facility) to a Windows box (at my site) and got PHP and MySQL running. I didn't do the upgrade or anything.

So basically what I have is an existing install using Ultimate SEO URLs 2.1 that I'm trying to make work in a Windows/IIS environment.

• 4 years later...