• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Shipping Module

teebee

I am currently using the UPS Shipping method and having a slight problem.

First, I have the weight set for each product. When the item is being checked out the weight is more than i have listed in the products weight field. Example, one item is set for 11 lbs. the shipping method shows and is charging it at 12.1 lbs. , another is set at 21 lbs. and being charged at 23.1 lbs. This is causing the shipping to be to high. How can I change the UPS module to display or charge the correct weight?

Another issue I am having is I live in Louisisana, If something is purchased on my site the shipping being charged is cheaper to send it to Ca. than in my own state. The futher away from my area is cheaper than shipping it to the closest zip code. Maybe my UPS module is configured to be shipped from another UPS zone than my local area, or is there away to change this to where the shipping would be adjusted to give better rates or use my local area as the ship from location so that the rates would be charged more accurate?

Thanks

Go to admin -> Configuration -> Shipping/Packaging.

The package tare weight is set (this is to account for the box weight),

also larger packages increase will increase the weight. You should find everything you need on this page.

Thanks, That helped. Did not see that orgin zip code right there. This solved my problem.

One other thing, In the UPS shipping method is it possible to change the order in the way the shipping options are displayed.

It is displayed in this order:

Next Day Early AM

Next Day Air

Next Day Air Saver

2nd Day Air

3 Day Select

Ground

I would like to display it this way if possible:

Ground

Next Day Early AM

Next Day Air

Next Day Air Saver