• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal "This invoice has already been paid."

Wendell

I found the solution when dealing with the sandbox!

When dealing with the sandbox, when you get the "This invoice has already been paid." it can mean that the selling account isn't properly configured, or in my case, even though I configured it in the developer sandbox as "[email protected]" when I look in that interface, it shows the email address for the seller as:

[email protected]

That is the information you have to plug into the paypal ipn, not the email address you asked the dev account to use.

As soon as I put this email in as the seller email, it took right off!

Hope this helps others who come looking for the solution!

paypal_standard.php is also 'fixed' with this!

Yes, this fix worked for me as well. I had spent two days trying to figure out why paypal_standard.php was always giving me the error "This Invoice...". Changing the setting in 'PayPal Website Payments Standard' (in modules) "E-Mail Address" to the sandbox generated 'xxx_###[email protected]' fixed that problem.

I am posting here as there is no other reference that I can find for this error message using paypal_standard.php for this problem, all refer to paypal_ipn.php, which I assume is the previous version.

Thanks!

John :-#)#

• 1 month later...
The PayPal IPN module v1.3 contains a help file for this problem. Alternatively, follow link in my signature. Or for a really quick fix, just turn off order id checking in your PayPal account. all the best, Tera

The instructions to modify the code in the help file worked. Thank you.

• 10 months later...

Hi, i've done a bit of reading into this issue and found that besides the normal problems people have faced, ive came across another reason for why this is happening...

I have a store which is up and running and has been for a few months now, orders have been working fine but then we noticed some customers were having the same issue and would receive the same error: "This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant."

I've done some testing with the checkout and ive noticed the first time you place the order and get transferred to paypal then you wont get the error - however if you don't make that payment and in the future return to the store and then proceed to continue with that order then you'll get that error - the reason why is because paypal has stored that order number and is confused as it thinks it has been paid as the customer has already been through the checkout process, however they haven't finished the payment process at paypal...

so that's the issue - but the question is how can that be fixed?

Im using "Paypal website Payments Standard" Version 1

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I use OsCommerce v2.2 RC2, PayPal Website Payments Standard (includes\modules\payment\paypal_standard.php).

"This invoice has already been paid" error has been haunting my shop since I started testing it with PayPal.

It turned out that there was really no error in code at all, it was just that I was using master sandbox e-mail as merchant e-mail address. Creating a test merchant and using this test e-mail solved the issue.

Please check the following thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/lofiversion/i...hp?t308569.html

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

HI, just my tuppence worth... Had this problem for a few hours trying to get my head around it. Googled the problem and was brought here, after reading though the posts. I decided to try something and it worked :)!!

1st i opened MySQL database - www.mysql.something.com and logged in

on the left panel is click - orders - then i clicked on browse.

At the bottom of the list i changed the last 2 orders, (order id numbers) for a higher number than i knew i had .. E.G. 500 & 501 saved and exited.

Next i placed 2 orders on my site, they went thought to Paypal with no trouble, i checked the MySQL database and the new orders were 502 & 503 :).

Hope that helps..

Darren @ The Magic Attic

• 1 year later...

Hello to everyone.

I had the same problem like "This invoice has already been paid". Then it's just disapears. Don't know why, but now I don't see it.

But now I have another problem. I have my shop width PayPal Website Payments Standard width sandbox account. When I buy something, order is procedding alright, but after it I have no addition to my balance on sandbox. But funds withdrawn from the customer's account.

What is the problem?

I folloed instructions (http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/331996-how-to-setup-paypal-website-payments-standard/) on setting up paypal standard, however i get the same problem saying the invoice has already been paid.

The solutions above talk about paypal IPN, do i need to install that as im only using paypal standard payments, i have also tried turning off the paypal invoice number checker thing to prevent duplicate orders with no luck.

Help would be great

Thanks

I ended up as i was using the sandbox, changing in os commerce the paypal users email address to the sandbox seller (test) account instead of my real one. This solved my problem when testing with sand box, i dont know if i will be able to test it on the live paypal unless i set a product £0 or very cheap and see if it processes.

• 9 months later...

HI, just my tuppence worth... Had this problem for a few hours trying to get my head around it. Googled the problem and was brought here, after reading though the posts. I decided to try something and it worked :)!!

1st i opened MySQL database - www.mysql.something.com and logged in

on the left panel is click - orders - then i clicked on browse.

At the bottom of the list i changed the last 2 orders, (order id numbers) for a higher number than i knew i had .. E.G. 500 & 501 saved and exited.

Next i placed 2 orders on my site, they went thought to Paypal with no trouble, i checked the MySQL database and the new orders were 502 & 503 :).

Hope that helps..

Darren @ The Magic Attic

Worked like a charm.....

No Good Deed EVER Goes Unpunished

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

This problem was solved by magic just using the - TheDruidXpawX, on Aug 4 2007, 10:51 PM, said: - suggestion...

I found the solution when dealing with the sandbox!

When dealing with the sandbox, when you get the "This invoice has already been paid." it can mean that the selling account isn't properly configured, or in my case, even though I configured it in the developer sandbox as "[email protected]" when I look in that interface, it shows the email address for the seller as:

[email protected]

That is the information you have to plug into the paypal ipn, not the email address you asked the dev account to use.

As soon as I put this email in as the seller email, it took right off!

Hope this helps others who come looking for the solution!

This post has been edited by TheDruidXpawX: 04 August 2007, 18:52

Add the business/store email generated by PayPal for the sandbox.

Test twice resetting the pages and will work !!! and let's go live.