• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS: Air Letter and Surface Letter NOT WORKING ANYMORE!?

rockadrome

It seems something changed without us being notified, as now out of nowhwere the Air Letter and Surface Letter options are not showing any longer. This just recently happened and nothing has been changed on my end. I called USPS and the person I talked to didn't know anything about it and was no help whatsoever. Perhaps they changed a spelling or hyphen or something like that having to do with the word "letter". Can anyone solve this one? It's a major problem for me as parcel post rates are like twice as high on small packages.

It seems something changed without us being notified, as now out of nowhwere the Air Letter and Surface Letter options are not showing any longer. This just recently happened and nothing has been changed on my end. I called USPS and the person I talked to didn't know anything about it and was no help whatsoever. Perhaps they changed a spelling or hyphen or something like that having to do with the word "letter". Can anyone solve this one? It's a major problem for me as parcel post rates are like twice as high on small packages.

UPDATE:

I called back USPS hoping to get someone on the phone who knew what was going on and I did. At least I hope I did. She said the wording in the code on our end should be like this:

airmail letter post (No hyphens)

surface letter post (No hyphens)

So, now I'm going to try this and see what happens.

UPDATE:

I called back USPS hoping to get someone on the phone who knew what was going on and I did. At least I hope I did. She said the wording in the code on our end should be like this:

airmail letter post (No hyphens)

surface letter post (No hyphens)

So, now I'm going to try this and see what happens.

Here's how the code in usps.php should look with the change:

$this->intl_types = array('GXG Document' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Document Service',

'GXG Non-Document' => 'Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Service',

'Express' => 'Global Express Mail (EMS)',

'Priority Lg' => 'Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large)',

'Priority Sm' => 'Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small)',

'Priority Var' => 'Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (Single)',

'Airmail Letter' => 'Airmail Letter Post',

'Airmail Parcel' => 'Airmail Parcel Post',

'Surface Letter' => 'Economy (Surface) Letter Post',

'Surface Post' => 'Economy (Surface) Parcel Post');

What about regular mail? I'm not offering international mail service - however, I noticed that priority mail flat rates are not showing up in my listing?

Any help would be great!

The module I'm using doesn't offer the Priority Flat Rates, is it supposed to? Perhaps there's a newer module than mine?

The module I'm using doesn't offer the Priority Flat Rates, is it supposed to? Perhaps there's a newer module than mine?

I'm not sure either....that's part of my question. I guessed it would be since it apparently is with international mail which I gather from the previous poster who mentioned global priority flat rate....

Anyone know????

I haven't found a fix yet either, but I'll confirm that Airmail Letter Post is broken. Right now anyone in Italy, for example, doesn't get any option cheaper than EMS ($25) when it should be something like $3.

Between this and PayPal orders suddenly disappearing this week, I'm about ready to toss osCommerce and start over with something else. Only thing that keeps me from doing that is the many hours I've already poured into getting the damn thing to work in the first place.

Oh well. Time to start sniffing the XML from USPS and see what's changed.

I'm sorry to crash this party but could anyone direct me to a thread on how to even get the USPS module installed and working? So far, the manual isn't helping a whole lot but since it's me, it's got to be something really obvious and silly.

Thanks for any pointers!

Edited by skase98