• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate with Product Attributes

resoman

Hello coders!

I like the way easy populate works, with the exception of how this site is setup..

I have over 600 attributes for my products, and when trying to build the spreadsheet for this, excel does not allow that many to import.

Is it possible that I only 'UPDATE' new products with their assigned attributes? This way I only have to use 30 or so columns for new products I am inserting.

The reason I ask is, if I upload my tab delimitered file with only new or updated products, I am afraid to lose all of my products and their attributes. Yes I do have a backup file, I am just in fear thats all.

Does easypopulate base my product catalog off of this file I upload? Or does it only store those products in addition to the products that are already in the database?

Thanks for your assistance!

Jesse

Jesse Rooney

I had the same problem in that Excel only allows 256 columns in a spreadsheet.

Corel Quattro Pro 12 is the ONLY way to include more than 256 columns in your spreadsheet. In fact I think it allows something like 18,000! Every other spreadsheet program ends at 256.

They do a 30 day free trial without limitations.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pag...d=1047022992398

My problem now is that I have so many attributes I cant get easypopulate to produce a full spreadsheet file within 1200 seconds. I need to edit my catalog of products and deleted my old spreadsheet!

If anyone knows how to get EP to exclude the attributes when its creating the file it would be a great help!

Edited by rikpotts

Hello coders!

Is it possible that I only 'UPDATE' new products with their assigned attributes? This way I only have to use 30 or so columns for new products I am inserting.

Does easypopulate base my product catalog off of this file I upload? Or does it only store those products in addition to the products that are already in the database?

Hi, Jesse, you can upload 10 products, 30, 100 etc. Because EP use Product Code, the minute you upload your file and EP notice that there is a new product or an existing product with new or changed information, it will insert the new or changed data without touching the existing products you may have, thus, all your products and information will remain OK.

Rafael

• 1 month later...
My problem now is that I have so many attributes I cant get easypopulate to produce a full spreadsheet file within 1200 seconds. I need to edit my catalog of products and deleted my old spreadsheet!

If anyone knows how to get EP to exclude the attributes when its creating the file it would be a great help!

Hi Rikpotts,

What version of easy populate do you have? Mine allows me to download files in the following

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Complete )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Price / Quantity )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Category )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Model / Attributes )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Products extra fields )

Download .txt file with TAB delimited to edit ( Froogle )

Can you not just download the required sections and compile them without the attributes? Apologies if i've got the wrong end of the stick, i;m having a similar problem when changing to a new Server/Store so just in the process of putting my EP spreadsheet together, and getting hold of a copy of Corel Quattro (thanks for the pointer on this).

Best Regards

Donna :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
Hello coders!

I like the way easy populate works, with the exception of how this site is setup..

I have over 600 attributes for my products, and when trying to build the spreadsheet for this, excel does not allow that many to import.

The reason I ask is, if I upload my tab delimitered file with only new or updated products, I am afraid to lose all of my products and their attributes. Yes I do have a backup file, I am just in fear thats all.

Thanks for your assistance!

Jesse

Is there a solution for that? I've got the same problem, I have over 1000 attributes...

Thanx

Marco