• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Serious Trouble Please Help

papabear1126

I design basic sites and have a guy who codes who I thought properly setup and OSCommerce store on one of clients sites.

I know very little of OSC but now I have to cram all I can and fast or I am going to loose this customer.

My coding guy knows enough to have gotten most of the store setup but I dont think it is totally setup.

The store is up and running, orders are pending, no emails were sent to myself or the owner who will process them, but I think I got our two email addresses entered now for order notification.

But,

There are orders sitting there to be processed.

The idea with the setup was not integrate processing with a gateway but to simply collect the orders and c/card info., print out the orders with the credit card info. then hand process the cards.

The customer already has functioning cc processing at their business, they can hand enter the info. that way and it approved by their processor.

My problem now is, how to do find the credit card info, that was entered?

I can see the orders, but not the credit card info.

Can someone PLEASE send me to a site that lists the steps or post the steps to log into the admin and get the credit card info. for these orders please?

The field for entering the credit card info. exists, the orders say the chosen payment method was credit card, so I think the credit card info. for each order is in the system but I cant find out how to access it to process the orders.

Someone Please Help!

Thanks so much!

Frank

[email protected]

I design basic sites and have a guy who codes who I thought properly setup and OSCommerce store on one of clients sites.

I know very little of OSC but now I have to cram all I can and fast or I am going to loose this customer.

My coding guy knows enough to have gotten most of the store setup but I dont think it is totally setup.

The store is up and running, orders are pending, no emails were sent to myself or the owner who will process them, but I think I got our two email addresses entered now for order notification.

But,

There are orders sitting there to be processed.

The idea with the setup was not integrate processing with a gateway but to simply collect the orders and c/card info., print out the orders with the credit card info. then hand process the cards.

The customer already has functioning cc processing at their business, they can hand enter the info. that way and it approved by their processor.

My problem now is, how to do find the credit card info, that was entered?

I can see the orders, but not the credit card info.

Can someone PLEASE send me to a site that lists the steps or post the steps to log into the admin and get the credit card info. for these orders please?

The field for entering the credit card info. exists, the orders say the chosen payment method was credit card, so I think the credit card info. for each order is in the system but I cant find out how to access it to process the orders.

Someone Please Help!

Thanks so much!

Frank

[email protected]

Depending on what credit card module was used. Some record part of the cc number in admin and then email the other part to you. The best way to see if there are cc number on the system is to have a look in the database via myphpadmin.

Depending on what credit card module was used. Some record part of the cc number in admin and then email the other part to you. The best way to see if there are cc number on the system is to have a look in the database via myphpadmin.

Thank you, I do appreciate the response.

I did finally find my way around the admin. somewhat and found where the cc info. was at, and was able to come up with a simple method to have the customer print out an invoice, and hand run their orders on their instore cc pad.

I am new to OSC but used Mals E-commerce for years very succesfully but need to learn new tricks, old dog that I am...

The program, OSC, appears great in many respects though I find very few true beginner idiot helps to get someone like me started. Plenty of indepth support though so once I get the training wheels off there seems to be plenty of things to help.

One thing I did notice, (I host at OLM.net, cant say enough good about them really, have a few servers there and about 30 sites. OLM offers OSC as a power tool which was my intro. to OSC.,,,)

Anyway, I did find a few things missing that I still need to nail down.

I noticed no field for the 3 digit security # for cc.'s

I did notice that somehow OSC knew the card issuer by the number all on its own and displayed when processing orders which is great but again, no field for the security #.

Another thing I was wondering about was,

Can the shipping be set for EACH product?

In other words, I have a truck parts site I was thinking of using OSC on, trouble is, they use one shipper for large items and another for small items, and they need different shipping costs based on the item, is this what is called a "mod" that must be configured and loaded somehow? Anyone know this?

I have no clue, for now we are looking at calling each order to inform them of shipping costs, a bit of a drag but hey, its a sale right?

Finally, I have a major project coming up, which I have a vested interest in, for drop shipping home materials all over the country by an importer.

I have everything else in place but shipping, again, worked out and need some solutions.

Anyone interested in earning some training/support/consultation cash, please email me off list.

Thanks again,

Oliver F. Johnston

MCInc.

reply: [email protected]

Thank you, I do appreciate the response.

I did finally find my way around the admin. somewhat and found where the cc info. was at, and was able to come up with a simple method to have the customer print out an invoice, and hand run their orders on their instore cc pad.

I am new to OSC but used Mals E-commerce for years very succesfully but need to learn new tricks, old dog that I am...

The program, OSC, appears great in many respects though I find very few true beginner idiot helps to get someone like me started. Plenty of indepth support though so once I get the training wheels off there seems to be plenty of things to help.

One thing I did notice, (I host at OLM.net, cant say enough good about them really, have a few servers there and about 30 sites. OLM offers OSC as a power tool which was my intro. to OSC.,,,)

Anyway, I did find a few things missing that I still need to nail down.

I noticed no field for the 3 digit security # for cc.'s

I did notice that somehow OSC knew the card issuer by the number all on its own and displayed when processing orders which is great but again, no field for the security #.

Another thing I was wondering about was,

Can the shipping be set for EACH product?

In other words, I have a truck parts site I was thinking of using OSC on, trouble is, they use one shipper for large items and another for small items, and they need different shipping costs based on the item, is this what is called a "mod" that must be configured and loaded somehow? Anyone know this?

I have no clue, for now we are looking at calling each order to inform them of shipping costs, a bit of a drag but hey, its a sale right?

Finally, I have a major project coming up, which I have a vested interest in, for drop shipping home materials all over the country by an importer.

I have everything else in place but shipping, again, worked out and need some solutions.

Anyone interested in earning some training/support/consultation cash, please email me off list.

Thanks again,

Oliver F. Johnston

MCInc.

reply: [email protected]

The module you need for ccv is http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,99

And the module you need for shipping is http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1333

That should do all you need. If you need help installing pm me.

Regards

Glynn