Sign in to follow this  
Steelworks

A few PRINTABLE CATALOG Questions

So, IM using Printable Catalog v3.0.

When my customers look at the catalog online, do they have to print every page individually? There is no way to print the whole catalog at once? Short of changing "number of products per page" to like 1500 that is.

When sorting by items name/ description/ etc. many of the same product show up b/c the same product is listed in many categories. They are only soft-linked, not actually copied to each category...but they still show up multiple times in the catalog. Any way around this? Any way to list each item only once in the catalog?

If this doesn't help you out, do a search for that contrib name in the "Contributions" section and look for their support thread. There is no info of in in the docs:

Taken from the "Contribution" page

This will allow your clients to print a catalog from your site that will have:

image, category, name, model, upc(if you have add-on), weight, quantity, and price

with a currency selection pull down for customer convenience.

You can set the number of products listed before your page break kicks in.

You can sort by category, name, model, upc, weight, quantity, and price.

All fields will be turned on or off by the admin section:

admin->configuration->Product Listing

Turning to 0 will make sure the column for that heading does not show up.

Turning to greater than 1 will make it so the column for that heading does show up.

You can also set the number of products that are displayed per page break

look at line 243 in the catalog/catalog_products_with_images.php and adjust as needed.

Kevin

Edited by kwalker

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Thnx for the post.

That came with the downloads read me file. Doesn't really answer any of my questions tho.

I appreciate you pointing me in a direction and making a suggestion tho. Thank you

Thnx for the post.

That came with the downloads read me file. Doesn't really answer any of my questions tho.

I appreciate you pointing me in a direction and making a suggestion tho. Thank you

How about this:

Take your catalog, package it up in a zip file, and make a link to download the catalog.

Also, the readme file says:

You can set the number of products listed before your page break kicks in.

Have you tried setting that part to the total amount of your products?.. I'm tinking that it'll download the whole catalog, than after the whole catalog is downloaded, it'll be ready to print page 2... Just a thought... and worth a try.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

My site changes 5 times a week, so putting everything into a zip file and setting it up for download will be more trouble than its worth.

Changing the number of products per page to the total number of products would be fine (about 650 items), but as I stated before, multiple copies of each item are popping up, I would need to set it to 2600 items per page. Thats what I meant by "There is no way to print the whole catalog at once? Short of changing "number of products per page" to like 1500 that is"

My site changes 5 times a week, so putting everything into a zip file and setting it up for download will be more trouble than its worth.

Changing the number of products per page to the total number of products would be fine (about 650 items), but as I stated before, multiple copies of each item are popping up, I would need to set it to 2600 items per page. Thats what I meant by "There is no way to print the whole catalog at once? Short of changing "number of products per page" to like 1500 that is"

It sounds like you have products listed in more than one category. The way I would do it is make a copy of the database/store, strip all the duplicate items and make the catalog from that copy. Then all you would need to do when making your catalogs is just change what's needed in the "copy" database and make the catalogs from there.

Basically you're making a duplicate shopping cart, but you're not adding the products to different categories. That'll work for me.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)