• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Creating Internal Site Links

ozEworks

Hi

I have done my penance and answered a few questions so now here in mine. I have a site where we have:

1. Articles

2. FAQ

3. Newsdesk

4. Page Manager

installed.

My customer is using the various HTML editors to insert site links within the pages he creates. He is even going to far as to insert graphics/buttons with internal site links in his Index information page (aka mainpage) to make an alternative navigation path.

The trouble is of course is that the links won't work when we move the site to his final domain as they are not relative links. Anyway to keep them relative? The Page Manager editor seems to try to make them full path links all the time.

The other problem is that logged in users are getting logged out once they follow the link as the SID is not passed. Any solution to that one?

Of course the final problem is that site navigation is becoming a maze. Not my problem :)

thanks

The other problem is that logged in users are getting logged out once they follow the link as the SID is not passed. Any solution to that one?
There is a contribution for that if they do want it in the product_info.php page: Embed Link with SID in Description. For the regular pages there is the tep_href_link function. Don't think that will work if they use an HTML editor...

Hi

Thanks for the contribution. I was told if I forced cookies it would fix things but so far all that has some is give me cookie errors - the cookie.php page but I know I have cookies turned on and now I am 100% confused on that one.

I will try the contribution

Hi

Thanks for the contribution. I was told if I forced cookies it would fix things but so far all that has some is give me cookie errors - the cookie.php page but I know I have cookies turned on and now I am 100% confused on that one.

I will try the contribution

if you force cookies then indeed you need not worry about losing session id's in links as they are never added to the links but only issued if they can be put in the cookie.

However, you then need to be absolutely sure that your cookie settings are correct and ofcourse if your cookie is refused, your customers will see the cookie usage page when trying to add to the cart or sign in and in the meantime have no retention of any session variables like language, currency and any other session held information.

Treasurer MFC

if you force cookies then indeed you need not worry about losing session id's in links as they are never added to the links but only issued if they can be put in the cookie.

However, you then need to be absolutely sure that your cookie settings are correct and ofcourse if your cookie is refused, your customers will see the cookie usage page when trying to add to the cart or sign in and in the meantime have no retention of any session variables like language, currency and any other session held information.

I did turn on cookies and I know I have cookies allowed under IE6 but I am still getting the cookie usage page. I checked my cookie paths and I am pretty sure they are correct but it does not work. Someone else looked and said the path was correct so I am lost at present.

Archived