• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

mail contents

j4tan

ok this is driving me crazy, spending my 2006 1st day in front of computer.

I am trying to add the store logo in all the emails being send to customer, be it registration emails, forgotten password, orders email or even just newsletter.

I can't seem to find any files to alter it. so far i have been looking into mail.php, create_account.php, orders.php but can't find the section to at least add in a log on top of each mail :(

anyone give me a hand? Thanks.

That is one bad thing about OSC is that the e-mails are built directly in the files, and there is no "easy" way to edit them. With a little hacking and testing though it is very possible and can be done. I believe there is a contribution too, that will allow you to customize the e-mail messages through the admin area, but I can't remember (rough night and I am a little tired right now).

Anyway, if you look in the create_account.php file you will find a section of code:

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING . "\n" . "\n";
  $email_text .=  "\n" . MAIL_VALIDATION . "\n" . '<a href="' . tep_href_link('pw.php', 'action=reg&pass=' . $Pass . $Pass_neu . '&id=' . $id, 'SSL', false) . '">' . VALIDATE_YOUR_MAILADRESS . '</a>' . "\n" . "\n" . '(' . SECOND_LINK . ' ' . tep_href_link('pw.php', 'action=reg&pass=' . $Pass . $Pass_neu . '&id=' . $id, 'SSL', false) . ' )' . "\n" . "\n" . OR_VALIDATION_CODE . $Pass . $Pass_neu . "\n" . "\n";
  tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

If you play around with this you can figure out how the e-mails are constructed. Things like EMAIL_CONTACT etc, are defined in the language files.

The email that is sent when someone checks out is in the checkout_process.php file. You will find a similar section of code as above.

Hope that helps.

Happy New Year!

:thumbsup:

ok, after reinstalling and hacking the code a bit (with my knowledge limitation)

i create this line of code in create_account.php <-- catalog/create_account.php

$image = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'top_logo.gif');

and then i added $image in the following code like this:

$email_text .= $image . EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

the position of the image is not an issue atm, i received email with this image but in broken link, i.e not showing graphic at all but only a RED X

any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

The following should help:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...ea/E-Mails_Sent

Regards,

Nacer.

hi there, i tried still no luck, all the images appear in the order process mail has big red cross :(

this is how i add the link following instruction from above URL.

$email_order = STORE_NAME . "\n" .

tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'logo.jpg') . "\n" .

EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $insert_id . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "'>" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "</a>\n" .

//EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $insert_id, 'SSL', false) . "\n" .

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG) . "\n\n";

if ($order->info['comments']) {

Archived