• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicate Entry Error

zelf

I downloaded the EP file as the manual says and uploaded the downloaded file untouched as the manual says by clicking on Insert into Database from EP control panel. Why am I getting this error?

I get the following:

1062 - Duplicate entry '63-1' for key 1

INSERT INTO categories_description( categories_id, language_id, categories_name ) VALUES ( 63, '1', 'Tropical Sunset Topless Sandals' )

I know there are several other threads with duplicate entry problems due to other contribs, but I don't have any of the contribs referred to and I have not modified the easypopulate.php file other than adjusting all the configs. I did read the entire manual and have searched through 100's of threads, but cannot find a solution.

I downloaded the EP file as the manual says and uploaded the downloaded file untouched as the manual says by clicking on Insert into Database from EP control panel. Why am I getting this error?

I get the following:

1062 - Duplicate entry '63-1' for key 1

INSERT INTO categories_description( categories_id, language_id, categories_name ) VALUES ( 63, '1', 'Tropical Sunset Topless Sandals' )

I know there are several other threads with duplicate entry problems due to other contribs, but I don't have any of the contribs referred to and I have not modified the easypopulate.php file other than adjusting all the configs. I did read the entire manual and have searched through 100's of threads, but cannot find a solution.

Same problem here...

What is going on?

Jesse Rooney

What is going on?
This means there is an id already in the categories_description table for a newly INSERTED category and there shouldn't be.

EP Workflow:

EP determines that a product is to belong to a category that does not yet exist in the categories table. So EP creates the new category in the categories table and then attempts to INSERT the new category id into the related categories_description table. However, as it attempts this INSERT it finds that the id it is trying to INSERT is already there and mysql echo's back duplicate entry based on the id column in categories_description.

Search the categories_description table for the erroring id. If you find the id in the categories_description table is it correctly linking to the category it should be in the categories table? Chances are it is not or it is an orphan. You may need to delete it or adjust the id to relate to the correct category id in categories.

My duplicate Entry was at 63 for key 1 or the id column.

I seached the categories_description table on the id column for id 63 and sure enough I found an orphan category description that somehow never got deleted when the category it related to was deleted.

Hope this helps.

Edited by zelf