• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Account Agreement Checkbox

lrparr

Hi,

I´ve inserted all your changes very carefully, ran the SQL successfully and checked all twice and more, but I got this

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF in /www/htdocs/rubibo/catalog/create_account.php on line 174

Do you have any idea waht to do?

BTW Do you need the file listing?

Hopeful that you can help me, because this is a thing I really need.

Anke

• 2 months later...

I got the check box working. Thank you but when the users click the links to the right of the check box this code pops up in the windows instead of the text that is in the policy and condition links from my index page. Any idea what i did wrong?

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_CONDITIONS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_conditions.php on line 19

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_CONDITIONS): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_conditions.php on line 19

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_CONDITIONS' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_conditions.php on line 19

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_PRIVACY): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_privacy.php on line 19

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_PRIVACY): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_privacy.php on line 19

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_PRIVACY' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_privacy.php on line 19

I got the check box working. Thank you but when the users click the links to the right of the check box this code pops up in the windows instead of the text that is in the policy and condition links from my index page. Any idea what i did wrong?

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_CONDITIONS' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_conditions.php on line 19

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_POPUP_PRIVACY' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/share/pear') in /hsphere/local/home/user/domain_name.com/catalog/popup_privacy.php on line 19

The line 19 code is require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_POPUP_CONDITIONS)

I believe that the code is wrong but I am not sure. Please help...

Hi,

habe gerade Links Manager for osC(MS2) v1.13 installiert, leider sind mir wohl doch Fehler unterlaufen zu denen ich keine Lösung weiss.

Und zwar, wenn ich im Catalog auf Links klicke kommt folgendes:

1146 - Table 'db169045.link_categories_description' doesn't exist

select link_categories_name from link_categories_description where link_categories_id = '0' and language_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Und wenn ich unter Admin auf Links klicke kommt:

1146 - Table 'db169045.links_status' doesn't exist

select links_status_id, links_status_name from links_status where language_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Weiss jemand was ich da tun kann?

Vielen Dank

LG

Jana

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am having a heck of time getting this working.

I have added the entries has noted and updated the database.

But i keep getting this silly error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/northlandlending.com/httpdocs/shop/create_account.php on line 184

Let me know if anybody can help and what you would like to see.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for contribution!

Installed it without a problems but also report that popup on create_account.php page doesn't work.

Only solution I found is remove text in

define('CONDITIONS_AGREEMENT', '');

define('AGREEMENT_SEPARATOR', '');

define('PRIVACY_AGREEMENT', '');

in english.php

Sergei

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

i have it installed today and it works except one thing:

The pop-up Window can not find the files.

Have anyone a solution for this?

Thanks for your help

Marco

Hi all,

forgett my last posting (if i don't put the files in the right folder :-" )

But now a have a different problem:

I have 2 languages, German and English and under Opera 9.23 the popup_privacy and the popup_conditions are in German or in English, but under IE 7 they come up only in German!

Somebody know where is the difference here?

Thanks a lot for your help

Marco

P.S. YES IM A NEWBIE :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

forgett my last posting (if i don't put the files in the right folder :-" )

But now a have a different problem:

I have 2 languages, German and English and under Opera 9.23 the popup_privacy and the popup_conditions are in German or in English, but under IE 7 they come up only in German!

Somebody know where is the difference here?

Thanks a lot for your help

Marco

P.S. YES IM A NEWBIE :rolleyes:

I have the same problem with spanish and english. With IE7 and Firefox

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I am having a heck of time getting this working.

I have added the entries has noted and updated the database.

But i keep getting this silly error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/northlandlending.com/httpdocs/shop/create_account.php on line 184

Let me know if anybody can help and what you would like to see.

Thank you

hi,

Im having the same problem, does anyone have a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
You mentioned you ran the SQL in the customer database, but did you also run the SQL for the configuration database? This is the SQL that creates the ability to enable/disable the checkbox through the administration panel. Also without this SQL change the code in create_account.php will not recognize that the feature is enabled and will not show up. This is likely the problem.

The sql you need to run is:

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES ('Agreement', 'ACCOUNT_AGREEMENT_REQUIRED', 'true', 'Display agreement checkbox during account creation', '5', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now());

Hope this helps.

Having trouble inserting the values for set_function and date_added. Is set_function missing a ")"? Also, now() is not accepted for date_added. I'm using webmin to make the changes to the fields. Are these values correct? Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Having trouble inserting the values for set_function and date_added. Is set_function missing a ")"? Also, now() is not accepted for date_added. I'm using webmin to make the changes to the fields. Are these values correct? Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Solved this myself. I ran the sql file and now everything is working. I have double entry in the admin area but it still works.

• 4 weeks later...

im getting this error in PHPMYADMIN , probably because im using the new msql 5 ?

anyone can help ?

Error

There seems to be an error in your SQL query. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem

ERROR: Unclosed quote @ 186

STR: '

SQL: INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES (\'Agreement\', \'ACCOUNT_AGREEMENT_REQUIRED\', \'true\', \'Display agreement checkbox during account creation\', \'5\', \'7\', \'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\\\'true\\\', \\\'false\\\'), \', now())

SQL query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) VALUES (\'Agreement\', \'ACCOUNT_AGREEMENT_REQUIRED\', \'true\', \'Display agreement checkbox during account creation\', \'5\', \'7\', \'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\\\'true\\\', \\\'false\\\'), \', now())

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '\'Agreement\', \'ACCOUNT_AGREEMENT_REQUIRED\', \'true\', \'Display agreement che' at line 1

Edited by spooker8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Hi, your contribution looks great, but before installing I have one question :

how to make already registred customers agreeing ? shall we ask yo reopen another account ?

I'm wondering about the same...

And what do we do if the terms change?

Block all the accounts on the change :-" and sent a mail with a 'I agree' link? :huh:

Idea: a change date for the terms and when logged in the first time after this date, the customer must agree with the new term/conditions?