• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] STS PLUS v4

Remove this line from the HTC module:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

It should work now.

i changed require() to require_once() it worked too but headers was displayed not correctly. maybe i made mistakes with HTC installation. I will try to reinstall again hundred and one time:(

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello world,

Does anyone know if there is a way with sts plus to have a product template specific to a given category? - so that all products in that category have their own template and content formatting.

In standard STS, i found reference to the following:

product_info.php_c25.html <---- specific product info page for all items in a category with and ID of 25.

However there doesn't seem to be an equivalent solution in STS plus. I tried the above suggestion by turning on compatiblity mode in plus but to no avail.

Any suggestions at all are very appreciated.

Edited by Hunabku

Hunabku, this feature is available in STS v3 but I somehow forgot it in STS PLUS. I just put a new version of the product_info module on the STS PLUS contribution page, with this feature.

The compatibility mode only adds some placeholders that were available in STS v2 and/or v3, but should be used only if you have already templates created for STS v2/v3.

- Rigadin

Hi,

I was using STS 2 before I saw this contribution. As the loading time of my site was getting bigger and bigger I thought of using this contribution. Everything works great. But I have a small/big question. I made some templates for STS 2. I want them to work in STS PLUS. Is there a quick way to integrate them in STS PLUS? Or do I have to make a complete new template? I read in the manual that most of the placholders are the same in STS 2 and STS PLUS. I tried to upload my excisting templates to the "test" folder and deleted all other "default" templates, the only thing that shows up then is my logo.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I was using STS 2 before I saw this contribution. As the loading time of my site was getting bigger and bigger I thought of using this contribution. Everything works great. But I have a small/big question. I made some templates for STS 2. I want them to work in STS PLUS. Is there a quick way to integrate them in STS PLUS? Or do I have to make a complete new template? I read in the manual that most of the placholders are the same in STS 2 and STS PLUS. I tried to upload my excisting templates to the "test" folder and deleted all other "default" templates, the only thing that shows up then is my logo.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ok I tried the "default" templates of STS PLUS again. Now I get a blank page or I get a header with my logo and the standard menu of OSC.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

The first step in upgrading is to be sure that STS PLUS is correctly installed. You have to first uninstall STS2, don't forget to remove stuff from configure.php. Install then STS PLUS and it should work with the templates provided. If not, it will not work with your own templates.

After that, try with your STS2 template. You'll maybe have some placeholders not translated. Check in the STS PLUS sts_user_code.php, there are some parts to uncomment, depending on what you are using on your template. This file should also be updated with the features you have added into your STS2 sts_user_code.php (syntax has changed, see example in STS PLUS user code file).

If you are using product info templates made with STS2, you have to enable the product info module in admin and use the "compatibility mode".

Once everything is working, there are some tricks to reduce parsing time, like using an "end char" for your placehloders (like $content$ instead of $content).

Hope it helps.

Rigadin

To Natalie:

If the problem is with all modules, and it worked before you moved your store to the root, then the problem is is the configure.php file in the admin/includes folder. Check that the paths are correct there.

Rigadin

Yes, have sorted it now at long last! IF anyone has a similar problem, I solved it here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202620

Thanks for everyone's help.

Do you have <!--$headcontent--> in the header part of your html template? It's a must.

Do you see any javascript in the header when looking at the html source generated by your product info page? There should be something there for the popup.

- Rigadin

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has used the shopping cart info in header contrib with STS Plus?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1079

It provides the code for STS, but not entirely sure how to go about changing that to work with STS Plus.

Just wondering if anyone has already used it.

Thanks,

Natalie

Take the STS instructions ans replace

$sts_block_name = 'headcart';
require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

By $sts->start_capture();

and

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
$template['headcart'] = $sts_block['headcart'];

By $sts->stop_capture ('headcart');

Do you have <!--$headcontent--> in the header part of your html template? It's a must.

Do you see any javascript in the header when looking at the html source generated by your product info page? There should be something there for the popup.

- Rigadin

I have the <!--$headcontent--> in the header. And now my popup is working... But when the big pic (popup window) is opening it contains the sts site in the popup, not the picture. What's wrong now ?

Folks - Hope you can help me as I have installed XSell which allows me to cross sell products replacing the New this month section.

I am using STS Pluss (Great contribution by the way) and XSell works up until I select in the product Info section Enable STS3 compatibility mode. This allows me to pull seperate segments of information from the data base and have them layed out in the way I need them but it would appear that I need to have someway of pulling XSell information out of the standard $content.

Anyone any idea how I can do this as this would complete my site....How can I write a veriable to have a new program/php included???

Any help would be more than appreciated.

Rgs

Jed

Take the STS instructions ans replace

$sts_block_name = 'headcart';
require(STS_START_CAPTURE);

By $sts->start_capture();

and

require(STS_STOP_CAPTURE);
$template['headcart'] = $sts_block['headcart'];

By $sts->stop_capture ('headcart');

It's really been hell to install:

STS Plus v4

Header Tags Controller

I followed all instructions including the additional module, and finally got it to work with index.php but get the following error when click product_info.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in E:\php\www\original\includes\header_tags.php on line 187

I'm wondering if anyone encountered this and has a quick fix. I'm really too lame to look into it deeper right now.

It's really been hell to install:

STS Plus v4

Header Tags Controller

I followed all instructions including the additional module, and finally got it to work with index.php but get the following error when click product_info.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in E:\php\www\original\includes\header_tags.php on line 187

I'm wondering if anyone encountered this and has a quick fix. I'm really too lame to look into it deeper right now.

Nevermind, I solved it. Here it is the procedure to install STS PLUS (One hell of a bitch'n good stuff), with Header Tags Controller (Very functional but messy):

In sequence and best to install fresh:

1. Install STS Plus

2. Install Header Tags Controller Do not install anything else other than admin_install and sql.

3. Install STS Plus Module for HTC Follow all directions.

4. Go to \includes\header_tags.php and insert at the very top: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

This STS Plus from Rigadin and/or rigadin2 is really good stuff. S/he is also very nice about making the contrib to work with others. Awesome. Good shit. Good shit.

Advice needed: Proper alternative to $cat and $urlcat variables?

Hi guys,

I am about to design an osCommerce shop from scratch. The person calling the shots wants most catalog links to be image buttons. Hence, using the default osCommerce text based category links is not an option. Now, from what I understand by browsing thru the STS PLUS 4.0.7 documentation, you can in fact design a brand new template with graphical category links using the $cat and $urlcat variables. However, as the docs say, "is not recommended to use these variables as it is a very slow process".

My question is - what are the alternatives to using the $cat and $urlcat variables if I want to retrieve proper category URL:s for my shop? I'd very much appreciate any help!

Kind regards,

Peter

Load "H.E.R.O.", 8, 1 : Run

It could be more interesting to create a variation of the categories infobox to display images instead of text links. Using $urlcat tags means that each time the shop owner creates a new category, he will have to modify the template(s) to use the new tag.

- Rigadin

It could be more interesting to create a variation of the categories infobox to display images instead of text links. Using $urlcat tags means that each time the shop owner creates a new category, he will have to modify the template(s) to use the new tag.

- Rigadin

Rigadin, I'm confused by your response. I think what he really is asking is "what is the best way to create links using graphics?".

I know that you need to be concerned about session IDs regarding relative urls.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Advice needed: Proper alternative to $cat and $urlcat variables?

Hi guys,

I am about to design an osCommerce shop from scratch. The person calling the shots wants most catalog links to be image buttons. Hence, using the default osCommerce text based category links is not an option. Now, from what I understand by browsing thru the STS PLUS 4.0.7 documentation, you can in fact design a brand new template with graphical category links using the $cat and $urlcat variables. However, as the docs say, "is not recommended to use these variables as it is a very slow process".

My question is - what are the alternatives to using the $cat and $urlcat variables if I want to retrieve proper category URL:s for my shop? I'd very much appreciate any help!

Kind regards,

Peter

Peter, I believe you could just add this link to your graphic image:
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_YOURFILENAME) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'YOURFILENAME.jpg', 'graphic text') . '</a>'; ?>

Of course, you would replace "YOURFILENAME" in both instances with the name of the file or graphic that you want to link to. In the above example, I added ".jpg" but you will add the ".gif" or whatever applies.

This example will also keep your links within a secure enviorment so your customer should not get the error message from their browser "You are leaving a secure site. Do you want to display nonsecure items?"

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I believe we've found a major issue with STS Plus v4.0.6 and v4.0.7 - it is incompatible with OS Commerce stores that sell (or would like to sell - as they cannot with STS Plus enabled) downloadable Products:

If you are planning on using STS Plus v4.0.6 or v4.0.7 (and very likely the older versions as well) for your OSC Store and want to sell downloadable products (.pdf books - stock images, mp3 and wav music files... ANYTHING downloadable), STS Plus is NOT compatible with Downloadable Products.

This issue being discussed here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203361

(read post one - skip post two...doh!....and continue from post three downward)

Hopefully this can be addressed soon - and if you?re not planning on selling downloadable products, the go ahead as planned :) because other than this, STS is a fantastic template system.

I'd very much like to know what else I can provide to help solve this situation to improve what is otherwise a great contribution - I'd also like to know if this should be given its own thread here in the contribution support forum.

Edited by CLRH2O

I believe we've found a major issue with STS Plus v4.0.6 and v4.0.7 - it is incompatible with OS Commerce stores that sell (or would like to sell - as they cannot with STS Plus enabled) downloadable Products:

If you are planning on using STS Plus v4.0.6 or v4.0.7 (and very likely the older versions as well) for your OSC Store and want to sell downloadable products (.pdf books - stock images, mp3 and wav music files... ANYTHING downloadable), STS Plus is NOT compatible with Downloadable Products.

This issue being discussed here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=203361

(read post one - skip post two...doh!....and continue from post three downward)

Hopefully this can be addressed soon - and if you're not planning on selling downloadable products, the go ahead as planned :) because other than this, STS is a fantastic template system.

I'd very much like to know what else I can provide to help solve this situation to improve what is otherwise a great contribution - I'd also like to know if this should be given its own thread here in the contribution support forum.

Just to help rule out STS Plus as the culprit....do you have the following varibales correctly configured for your shop?:

set "download by redirect" to true.

set "download directory properties" at 755

set "pub directory properties" at 777

Check and let me know,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Ok, just tested it, this is what I got:

The requested URL /pub/.uzluzvzjiwryxqtoqqxl/FORMP3-019_-_bamboo_-_tuned.mp3 was not found on this server.

Although the folder was most certainly created (I checked with FlashFXP...my FTP Program) there was no mp3 file in there.

Could that be as a result of being hosted on a shared server?

Whatever the case, since it can not find file to serve for download in this case - I don?t know if this particular test has any effect on the question at hand. But I'm willing to explore all avenues

And just in case the other thread on this that I've provided the link to just previously hasn?t been explored entirely - one of the most important pieces of information from that post is this:

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13199360 bytes) in <b>/home/virtual/site16/fst/var/www/html/download.php</b> on line <b>97</b><br />

Instead of an mp3 file being served when STS is active you get a file that has the right name and file extension but is actually an error message in text form which you see above.

Knowing that this is the error of the download, I'm looking toward how the file is being served and what potentially can replace the code in line 97 of the download.php file.