• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] STS PLUS v4

i am using your contribution, but i am also using Admin Acesss, and when i installed your contribution in the admin panel i get the following problems

HEADER_TITLE_ACCOUNT | HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF

BOX_HEADING_ADMINISTRATOR

BOX_ADMINISTRATOR_MEMBERS

BOX_ADMINISTRATOR_BOXES

these are displayed instead of the correct titles. Any ideas on how to resolve this???

btw your theming contribution rocks =)

You most probably made a mistake during installation of STS PLUS. This contribution does not interfere with Admin Access.

- Rigadin

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The product listing is generated here: catalog\includes\modules\product_listing.php and unfortunately it cannot be changed by template, you'll have to modify the php code.

Thanks Chris. I think I'm going to rewrite product_listing.php, as I'm after a fairly radical change in the look, plus info used, in the product listings.

Cheers!

I'm looking to customize the way products are displayed. I was wondering if anyone has customized it so that the products are listed 3 rows by 3 columns so there's a total of nine products listed on each page. I've seen this done on other shops before but wasn't sure how to do it. Does this go back to the product_listing.php page or should I be looking some other place. Thanks Chris for the awesome contrib. It is truely a lifesaver/timesaver.

Matt

Newbie here. I have modified and added a few minor contrib's.

I have just added STS Plus to the site. When I go into Admin and turn on the templates (still default template...have not changed anything) it looks like this:

http://www.groganjewelers.com/WAY1.jpg

normally it looks like this:

http://www.groganjewelers.com/WAY2.jpg

the site can be seen here:

https://host343.ipowerweb.com/~groganje/osC...b9debe9b6d53854

What am I missing? I checked the install twice and even backed up the sts template and changed it in Dreamweaver...nothing changed at all. I then put all originall template files back in place and came here to read. Still don't have any answers. I can post code or whatever if needed.

TIA,

dobsey

Hello,

I was installing this contrib and noticed the following in the install.html file:

- admin/includes/languages/english.php +other languages: <--- THIS

Add at the end:

//START STS PLUS 4.0

define('BOX_MODULES_STS', 'STS');

//END STS PLUS 4.0

- admin/includes/boxes/modules.php:

find:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT . '</a><br>' .

add after:

// START STS PLUS 4.0

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .

// END STS PLUS 4.0

- admin/includes/languages/english.php +other languages: <----- THIS

Add at the end:

//START STS PLUS 4.0

//END STS PLUS 4.0

Is this an error that this step is included twice??

Thanks

Hello,

I was installing this contrib and noticed the following in the install.html file:

- admin/includes/languages/english.php +other languages: <--- THIS

Add at the end:

//START STS PLUS 4.0

//END STS PLUS 4.0

- admin/includes/boxes/modules.php:

find:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=payment', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_PAYMENT . '</a><br>' .

add after:

// START STS PLUS 4.0

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MODULES, 'set=sts', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_MODULES_STS . '</a><br>' .

// END STS PLUS 4.0

- admin/includes/languages/english.php +other languages: <----- THIS

Add at the end:

//START STS PLUS 4.0

//END STS PLUS 4.0

Is this an error that this step is included twice??

Thanks

I think it was included in there twice.

Any body know if STS Plus generates this type of query and if so, where can I find it? This is a repeat and I'd like to clean it up a little.

select count(*) as count from categories where parent_id =

Did you check with STS PLUS disabled? I have feeling that this is not STS PLUS problem. The infobox categories.php calls the function tep_has_category_subcategories, which has this type of query. Use the cache function for category box to reduce queries.

- Rigadin

am using your contribution, but i am also using Admin Acesss, and when i installed your contribution in the admin panel i get the following problems

HEADER_TITLE_ACCOUNT | HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF

BOX_HEADING_ADMINISTRATOR

BOX_ADMINISTRATOR_MEMBERS

BOX_ADMINISTRATOR_BOXES

these are displayed instead of the correct titles. Any ideas on how to resolve this???

btw your theming contribution rocks =)

- Rigadin

hmm im having the same problem too..... has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Edited by cheekiboi

I just installed STS Plus v4.0.7 and am working on the index page. I have a couple of left-column boxes that require the user to be logged in to see (the boxes have a container statement begining with "if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))""

I created a variable for this box in "sts_user_code.php".

When I load the index page, all the column boxes stretch across the top of the screenscreen. If I remove the "is-registered" statement from the box, the new box appears where it is supposed to in the column, and nothing stretches.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello!

I'm working on a complete redesign of standard OSCommerce, using STS Plus 4.07. I've only hit one problem so far but I can't see anyone else mention this in the forums.

When I enable the product_info module and then visit a product page, I get:

Warning: uksort(): The argument should be an array in /home/dogsrule/public_html/includes/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php on line 103

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/dogsrule/public_html/includes/modules/sts/sts_product_info.php on line 106

Can anyone tell me what information should be in the arguments that uksort() and foreach() expect? That way, I can maybe work out what the problem is. Of course, I'll post any solutions that I find.

I wondered if it might be because I've altered the product listing links so that they don't put the manufacturer id in the URL. However, when I reinstated that I still got the problem and, because I haven't set any manufacturers up, it was showing up as:

manufactuer_id=

i.e. there was no manufacturer id. Of course, that could be part of the problem, because that would change the arguments passed to sts_product_info.php, I imagine.

Also, it doesn't translate any of the STS tags I put in the file.

Any help appreciated :)

Matthew.

Edited by matthewrevell

I think the problem may be that I'm running with register_globals off. From what I can see in the STS Plus code, in sts_product_info.php, the problem comes from the line:

global $template_pinfo;

I'm now trying to find where $template_pinfo is populated, so that I can see if there's a way of passing the information other than using a global.

Any suggestions appreciated :)

I have just tried installing STS PLUS on my server but when I open the admin panel modules-> STS I only get a link and a install button ( press -> nothing happens ) :

Module Directory: /hsphere/local/home/reenberg/kmlshop.dk/shop/catalog/includes/modules/sts/

I have first installed a clean installation off osc and then copied the files(STS) from the folder clean_osc to their respective folders on the server shop.

Any information would be much appreciated

thanks d1

If you have a clean osc installation, take the files from the 'clean_osc' folder AND from the 'upload' folder.

If you don't have a clean osc installation, take files from the 'upload' folder only and make the other changes manually (best with a file compare program).

- Rigadin

I just installed STS Plus v4.0.7 and am working on the index page. I have a couple of left-column boxes that require the user to be logged in to see (the boxes have a container statement begining with "if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))""

I created a variable for this box in "sts_user_code.php".

When I load the index page, all the column boxes stretch across the top of the screenscreen. If I remove the "is-registered" statement from the box, the new box appears where it is supposed to in the column, and nothing stretches.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Could you post the piece of code you did in sts_user_code?

It should look like this:

$sts->restart_capture ('notificationbox', 'box');

The 'box' parameter is important to remove some <tr><td> that are added to all boxes. Without this the layout is mixed. You can also run STS PLUS in debug mode and check if you custom boxes have extra html comparing to other boxes.

- Rigadin

Hi All,

Can someone explein me how to integrate STS plust with 'Dhtml-CoolMenu choose from Admin',

second contribution allow to chose menu type from admin.

Menu require to replace:

' Now add the following lines to EVERY SINGLE file in your catalog-directory RIGHT AFTER THE <BODY> TAG.

<!-- coolMenu //-->

<?php

if (DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU == 'CoolMenu') {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'coolmenu.php');

}

?>

<!-- coolMenu_eof //-->

Add the following line to EVERY SINGLE file in your catalog-directory between <HEAD> and </HEAD>.

<!-- coolMenu //-->

<?php

echo '<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/coolMenu.js"></SCRIPT>';

}

?>

<!-- coolMenu_eof //-->

---------

Edit column_left.php

Find:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

Replace by:

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_categories_box();

} else {

if ( DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU == 'Dhtml' ) {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories_dhtml.php');

} elseif (DISPLAY_DHTML_MENU == 'CoolMenu') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'coolmenu.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'categories.php');

}

}

'

I've found that I must put second replace in catalog\includes\clasess\sts.php add

after

$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].get_javascript($this->template['applicationtop2header'],'get_javascript(applicationtop2header)');

add

$this->template['headcontent'] = $this->template['headcontent'].'<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/coolMenu.js"></SCRIPT>';

echo '<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" SRC="includes/coolMenu.js"></SCRIPT>';

}

But where I must put first condition any sugestions??

Third update must be made in includes\modules\sts_inc\sts_columnt_lest.php

Anyway after placing those inserts dhtml still dosn't work, any sugestions?

Best regards

Robert

DHTML menu:

- For the 1st modification required after the <body> tag, I don't see any other way than modifying all files in catalog. Try with one file first, to see if the menu working.

- For the 2nd modification required inside the <head> tags, you can put it directly inside the template instead than in the sts class.

- The 3rd modification must be made in sts_column_left.php

Hi again

Got it working I think, well it shows my page:

http://d4580871.u84.surftown.dk/shop/catalog

a bit slow, but I think that is the Internet. But I'm still curious about the admin part if I have all installed since there is a link at the bottom -> see the screendumb here:

http://d4580871.u84.surftown.dk/shop/Untitled-2.gif

At last do you know if it is possible to integrate the contribution autologin 1.08:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,338/page,2

and is there any other contributions that would be handy to have and wich work with this nice contribution?

thanks a bunch, d1

- STS and STS PLUS are used to easily change the place of the elements by designing templates. You can change the place where a box is displayed, but you can't change the design of the box itself. To change the infobox design, like adding a shadow, the best is the Infobox Skin Manager.

Im trying to install the Infobox Skin Manager(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1680), but im not quite which files to change. Should I change the sts_inc/sts_column_left.php instead of doing something too column_left.php - how about the other files which have been modified?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks d1

Im trying to install the Infobox Skin Manager(http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1680), but im not quite which files to change. Should I change the sts_inc/sts_column_left.php instead of doing something too column_left.php - how about the other files which have been modified?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks d1

Infobox Skin Manager works very well with STS PLUS, and it helps a lot customizing your infoboxes! You should not install the whole contribution, as it has some options to skin also columns, header and footer (and you'll do this with STS PLUS). So, as far as I remember, you should follow the install instructions BUT DO NOT make any modification in header, column_left, column_right nor footer.php .

By the way, I tried your site with DHTML menu but no way to see anything, only transferring stuffs but nothing came my screen. For this menu, there is a part to put just after the <body> tag, I told yesterday that have to modify all files in catalog... I don't know why I said so as this is something you can typically do with STS PLUS: create new variable with the code inside and place it on your template, like every other variable.

- Rigadin