• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] STS PLUS v4

Hi ALL,

Tried to make a new box within sts_user_code with:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shop_by_price.php');
$sts->stop_capture('shopbypricebox', 'box'); // or use $sts->restart ('newthingbox', 'box') if another box is following
$template['shopbypricebox'] = sts_strip_unwanted_tags($sts->sts_block['shopbypricebox'], 'shopbypricebox');

This way NO error but wherever I put the $shopbypricebox# on index.php.html it ALWAYS shows totally ugly above the header logo?!

when I try:

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shop_by_price.php');
$sts->restart ('shopbyprice', 'box');// if another box is following
$template['shopbypricebox'] = sts_strip_unwanted_tags($sts->sts_block['shopbypricebox'], 'shopbypricebox');

I get an error for the restart call:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: restart() in /var/www/html/includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_user_code.php on line 21

Anybody experienced this before? Not sure were to look for the answer...........

I've made one of the example sites (at diamondsea.com)

example, so I'm not totally stupid.......?!

Any help is greatly appriciated!!

greetings,

Chris

P.S. Great development on STS!

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for a good contribution. I haven?t tried STS before so this is a new experience for me.

At present time a cant use the new columns left or right, my page will be all white.

It says that the columns are corresponding by the configure.php but I can?find any changes for configure.php.

How to add infoboxes in sts_user_code.php: there is a problem in the example, so it won't work correctly. The correct code should be:

$sts->start_capture();
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'new_thing_box.php');
$sts->stop_capture('newthingbox', 'box');
// If $sts->stop_capture('newthingbox', 'box') is followed by $sts->start_capture, you can replace both by $sts->restart_capture('newthingbox', 'box')

Sorry for this one, it will be corrected in the next version...

- Rigadin

Thanks for a good contribution. I haven?t tried STS before so this is a new experience for me.

At present time a cant use the new columns left or right, my page will be all white.

It says that the columns are corresponding by the configure.php but I can?find any changes for configure.php.

Hi,

If you are using STS PLUS v4 (which is a different contribution than STS v2 or v3), you don't need to do any change in configure.php and your shop will not look different after installation because the contribution is off by default. Please tell what version you are using.

- Rigadin

Thanks for quick answer. I used the old columns and added STS instru

cktions from Upload and-----it works!!!!

Now I have to figure out how to use the facilities in this nice contribution. Thank You!

Hi! First of all, I want to thank you for this lovely contribution, wich i implemented in my site.

But now i have the following question:

I want to change the content of the $content contribution, on the index page's.

I know something about PHP, but i don't know how to use templates.

Could you please discribe where i can modify the content showed by the $content variable?

I hope that you can help me!

Regards,

ViPeRII

Hi! First of all, I want to thank you for this lovely contribution, wich i implemented in my site.

But now i have the following question:

I want to change the content of the $content contribution, on the index page's.

I know something about PHP, but i don't know how to use templates.

Could you please discribe where i can modify the content showed by the $content variable?

I hope that you can help me!

Regards,

ViPeRII

I believe its under /include/languages/english/index.php

at the line where it starts off with:

define('TEXT_MAIN','

Not sure if this is what you are looking for though

Thank u so much for this contribution, its working very well and the support seems outstanding...

I ran into a few problems and would like to see if u can help me out:

1. is there any way to have a space between attributes, right now the drop down menus are there, but it seems that there is no space in between and it doesn't look to good. Here is a link to the shop i have where you can check it out, if you don't want the link i post a little picture as well.

Picture Link: http://www.kittyapparel.com/dev/problem.jpg

Shop Link: http://www.kittyapparel.com/catalog/produc...&products_id=38

2. I have an issue where the large image (PopUp) doesn't come up, the window shows but the image doesn't load in it, have no idea why, anyone knows something about that...

3. I have added 2 new tables to product (prodcuts_image_back, products_image_detail) i would like to filter them on the product info page, so that the link Larger Image | Back Image | Detail Image only show up when there is a picture in the DB so it doesn't say NULL in it, the tables as said are allready there, just wondering how i could do that, so the java script that opens the popup windows works as well.

Thank you so much if anyone can help out here...

Best wishes,

Anton

p.s. i am using STS Plus 4.0.5

ahhh... just figured out that the alignment problem was due to my css ^^. I still havent figured out "TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE" and "TEXT_DATE_AVAILABLE" though.

TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE is the text, shown by going over the picture in the product description.

TEXT_DATA_AVAILABLE is the text, shown by new products that are not avaibable now for the store, but comming soon. You can add these in the admin menu under Catalog -> Expected products -> Date avaiable

/ViPerii

1. is there any way to have a space between attributes, right now the drop down menus are there, but it seems that there is no space in between and it doesn't look to good. Here is a link to the shop i have where you can check it out, if you don't want the link i post a little picture as well.

2. I have an issue where the large image (PopUp) doesn't come up, the window shows but the image doesn't load in it, have no idea why, anyone knows something about that...

3. I have added 2 new tables to product (prodcuts_image_back, products_image_detail) i would like to filter them on the product info page, so that the link Larger Image | Back Image | Detail Image only show up when there is a picture in the DB so it doesn't say NULL in it, the tables as said are allready there, just wondering how i could do that, so the java script that opens the popup windows works as well.

Hi,

Here are the answers:

1. When using a product info template, the display of the options is created in the file includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php about line 79. The code looks like that:

$template_pinfo['optionnames'] .= $products_options_name['products_options_name'] . ':<br>'; 
$template_pinfo['optionchoices'] .=  tep_draw_pull_down_menu('id[' . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . ']', $products_options_array, $selected_attribute) . "<br>";

Try to add a second <br> at the end of both variables.

2. The product ID is not sent to the popup window because the placeholder $productsid you are using in the link does not have a variable associated. No need to correct this now, see next point.

3. You have to create the php code to build the links for "Larger Image | Back Image | Detail" and put it in a variable, then use the corresponding placecholder on your template. You can place the code in sts_user_code.php but it will then be called for each page, so it is maybe better to put it at the end of

includes/modules/sts_inc/product_info.php. It should look like that:

$mystring=[your code to build the link string here (the php variable $products_id contains the product ID)];
$template_pinfo['myimageslinks']=$mystring;

You can then use $myimageslinks where you want on your product info template.

- Rigadin

Edited by 241

TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE is the text, shown by going over the picture in the product description.

TEXT_DATA_AVAILABLE is the text, shown by new products that are not avaibable now for the store, but comming soon. You can add these in the admin menu under Catalog -> Expected products -> Date avaiable

/ViPerii

Those texts are defined in the language file of product info page, located here for english:

catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

They must be there, check the original osc 2.2MS2 file.

- Rigadin

Hi everybody,

I have added a new revision 4.0.6 on the contribution page. Changelog is:

- BUG corrected in class sts.php: module was always sorting the big array of templates variables. Now should be faster when using an end-char for placeholders like $categorybox$.

- UPDATED example in sts_user_code.php as it was not working. Sorry.

- ADDED 2 new variables for product_info templates: $productid and $productsid, both contain the product ID. These 2 variables were existing in STS v3.

- ADDED new variable for product info templates: $alsopurchased to display the box with items also purchased.

- Rigadin

@ RIGADIN and Others,

Watch out, new version; You do have to change the $footer and $banner variables in your templates to:

$footer_text and $banner_only

Names has been changed

$footer and $banner are still existing, but not by default, here is the history:

STS PLUS v4.0.4

$footer contains only the copyright text and $banner contains only the banner, no html table. It means that they are different than in STS v2/v3.

STS PLUS v4.05

$footer becomes $footer_text and $banner becomes $banner_only. I changed the names because these variables are different than in STS v2/v3.

$footer (with date, copyright text and counter in an html table) and $banner (banner in an html table), like the original ones, are now available in sts_user_code.php but they are commented out. Uncomment them if you prefer using them. I prefer the new ones because no html table and no counter, it gives more flexibility to design the template.

I made these changes to keep the compatibility with templates made with STS v2/v3

NOTE: since v4.0.5 you also have $cat_ and $urlcat_ as comment in sts_user_code.php, but it is not recommended to use as it is quite slow.

- Rigadin

Rigadin,

Tried to use the other code for making a new box and............IT WORKS, THANKS! :)

Now another question: how can I use meta tags within this STS, I tried some dynamic things but didn't get it to work and even with the standard <title>Test</title> in the HEAD nothing happens...........??? I've got NO clue were to do this right, do you?!

thanks in advance,

Chris

Edited by lelijk

Hi..

Thanx 4 this great contrib!

Unfortunatly i have some problems within.. :(

My first prob:

STS P don?t work 100% correctly with the Header Tag Controler..! :blush:

In the Site-Title i get always the Title of the index-Site only..

(i mean: in the categories and the productsites is the wrong Title)

The dicriptions on the Site / Categorysite works fine..

If I turned the STS P of.. the Header Tag Controller works very well..

bye,

--h-

Hi..

just another question:

I defined a own ALT-Tag for the Logo..

Mow its overwrited with OSCOMMERCE again..

Can?t find where its declared.. :blush:

--h-

Hello,

I've been trying to evaluate OSCommerce and Zen Cart for a while now. STS Plus makes me think OSCommerce is the system to go with :)

I've just tried adding STS Plus to a fresh OSCommerce install. In the Modules section of the Admin interface I clicked the Install button. It seems that nothing happened; however, when I view the cart I receive an error message:

Warning: main(includes/classes/sts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.hawthorn/dogsrule/dogsruleshop.com/test2/includes/application_top.php on line 508

In the STS Plus docs it said to enable the STS module, but I haven't seen an option to do that.

I've pretty much described exactly what I did. I tried it twice , with the same results.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance :)

Matthew.