phil1969

Hello,

I contacted Linkpoint support,

they say that I need to upload a digital certificate for linkpoint api

Can you tell me where do you find the feature to choose between the two

modules for linkpoint api or connect?

Also,

where do you find the place or url to upload linkpoint digital certificate

if i want to use api? they can't find it in the module area.

many thanks,

Phil

There is an old slogan that states "When all else fails, read the instructions." ;)

There is a file in the Linkpoint API contribution named installation_guide.htm. Read the section titled Installation and that will walk you through it.

As for switching between LinkPoint API and LinkPoint Connect, they are separate contribuitons. You can install them both, then in the Payment Modules section of your admin enable the one you want active and disable the other one.

hth

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

There is an old slogan that states "When all else fails, read the instructions." ;)

There is a file in the Linkpoint API contribution named installation_guide.htm. Read the section titled Installation and that will walk you through it.

As for switching between LinkPoint API and LinkPoint Connect, they are separate contribuitons. You can install them both, then in the Payment Modules section of your admin enable the one you want active and disable the other one.

hth

cant find the linkpoint api, is it under another name? linpoint cardservices or linkpoint basic?

The API version is Link Point Card Services V2.

It installs and works pretty smoothly in my experience. One prerequisite for the server is that curl must be compiled into PHP. So if you install and then while testing it get curl errors, contact your web host and ask them to recompile PHP with curl.

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

While I am not the contributor, I can say it works perfectly on mine and it appears to work on many other osc sites.

1. Are you sure the LinkPoint support people understood that you were talking about the contribution's version number and not their API's version number? The API is the code they provide that is not application specific. The contribution is a payment module specifically written for use in osCommerce that utilizes the LinkPoint API. The version numbers of the two packages are not related. And while the LinkPoint people are trying to be helpful, they don't provide support for the contribution. You may need to contact the contributor. He provided his email address at the end of the section titled Intro in installation_guide.htm.

2. I have no doubt that PHP has been compiled, but the operative question would be was it compiled with curl support? While I am not an expert in the inner workings of it, as I understand it, there are two ways curl can be implemented in PHP. Either as a module that is called when needed or compiled into PHP. As I understand it, several payment and shipping modules require it to be compiled into PHP.

hth

While I am not the contributor, I can say it works perfectly on mine and it appears to work on many other osc sites.

1. Are you sure the LinkPoint support people understood that you were talking about the contribution's version number and not their API's version number? The API is the code they provide that is not application specific. The contribution is a payment module specifically written for use in osCommerce that utilizes the LinkPoint API. The version numbers of the two packages are not related. And while the LinkPoint people are trying to be helpful, they don't provide support for the contribution. You may need to contact the contributor. He provided his email address at the end of the section titled Intro in installation_guide.htm.

2. I have no doubt that PHP has been compiled, but the operative question would be was it compiled with curl support? While I am not an expert in the inner workings of it, as I understand it, there are two ways curl can be implemented in PHP. Either as a module that is called when needed or compiled into PHP. As I understand it, several payment and shipping modules require it to be compiled into PHP.

hth

since I know NOTHING about websites, I have not a clue anymore and quite frankly getting the runaround between linkpoint, my hosting service and the guy that installed this module, they are all blaming each other and I am very tired at being the go between when my web developer should be following up on these technical questions.

If you knew someone that could help, I could really use some right now, I just want the darn thing to work!

thanks so much for your time.

Phil

[email protected]

since I know NOTHING about websites, I have not a clue anymore and quite frankly getting the runaround between linkpoint, my hosting service and the guy that installed this module, they are all blaming each other and I am very tired at being the go between when my web developer should be following up on these technical questions.

If you knew someone that could help, I could really use some right now, I just want the darn thing to work!

thanks so much for your time.

Phil

[email protected]

Phil,

I know your pain and have had many customers feel the same way when outsourcing design, hosting and implementation to 3 different resources. I would suggest using 1 resource that can do it all for you - the hosting, the designing and the implementation of any security and certificates. You may have to pay a little in the short term but it is well worth it versus the many hours, days and weeks of frustration. With that said...

1 - have your hosting service check the version of PHP, Apache, etc. they are running. It MUST meet the standards of OScommerce.

2- your HOSTING SERVICE is the medium that provides the security cert. AND can implement it...or the designer, with proper access can implement it.

3- tell the hosting service, module installation guy and web developer that if it's not fixed and working you WILL move on. THIS alone will usually get things moving.

I will help further if you have any additional questions. Take care...

John C.

[email protected]