• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The Ultimate Playboy Store

Hey Everyone,

I've had my oscommerce site going for about a year now and love what it did. However there was some customers that didn't like that I had intimate apparel in with the rest of my catalog.

So I decided to give the muti store a try and turn my one store into three stores.

Now I have the first of the three up and running. Which is the intimate apparel and clubwear store. This weekend I will be launching the urbanwear store and next weekend I will launch my Playboy store.

Here is the link to check it out.

http://www.eyekandeeapparel.com

Thanks

Please note this is a live store any orders made will be treated a valid orders.

Sorry,

like I said was updating apache last night.

Looks like the ssl server didn't restart properly, working to fix problem now.

Thanks

Apache SSL problem fixed

BuddahBoy have another go at the website and let me know what you think.

Thanks

I decided to launch the playboy store instead of the urbanwear store. Got it up and running now, but now I have to move all the playboy merchandise from the old store to the new one, so the store will look a little empty until I get sometime to enter the products.

But in the main time feel free to check it out, its the same as the intimate store front only a different color.

Thanks

PS. My store must have left you all speechless, because none of you have left any comments ( good or bad ) about it. :thumbsup:

Install a thumbnail contrib. The site was terribly slow to load on my site, and I have a pretty fast connection. I like your products, but I think that your site could use some work. I know that using the multi-stores contrib can make installing contribs a bit of a challenge, but there are a few that you should really invest the time in. We finished two stores using multi-stores not too long ago, and we had to heavily modify some of the code to make the site what we wanted.

Not a bad start, but it really was slow to load.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

spayce_girl the index splash page is colors of the first eyekandeeapparel.com website. We only changed the colors of the two new store ( Intimates & Clubwear and the Playboys & Playmates ) to give the apperance of them being different stores.

RyanSmith we run our own server, which hosts a major FTP server, depening on how many clients we have downloading at one time affects the speed at which all our websites load. And even though we have a business account with our ISP, there is still a cap on our upload speed. However thank you for the heads up on the thumbnail contrib, I have looked into a few and will have it installed by the end of the day.

As far as your other comment that the site needing work, you'll have to be more specific.

Currently the features of the site are close to being on par with many major online retailers, so if you can point out what needs work then the changes that are made should give me an edge over them.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just relaunched my website on my one year anniversity, and am looking for some feedback on the design and layout. Still have a few things that I am messing around with that will be up and running in the new year but everything works great.

Here is a list on contibutions that are being use on my site

Catalog section:

Multi Stores

Thumbnailer with GD

osC affiliate

Link exchange (modified)

Canada Post Shipping Mod

Paypal shopping cart

Certapay email payment mod

Western Union payment mod

Mo pic

RSS mod

GV/Coupon mod

Points rewards mod

Wishlist mod

canada post shipping tracking

Live support mod

Xsell contribution (modified)

featured products

newsletter contribution

how did you hear about us mod

Admin section

Supertracker

Recover Cart Sales

Mutli Stores

eBay auction tracker

google postion

Product Quanity contribution

Think there is a couple more but cant remember the names

Here is the link to my website

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Just relaunched my website on my one year anniversity, and am looking for some feedback on the design and layout. Still have a few things that I am messing around with that will be up and running in the new year but everything works great.

Catalog section:

Multi Stores

Thumbnailer with GD

osC affiliate

Link exchange (modified)

Canada Post Shipping Mod

Paypal shopping cart

Mo pic

RSS mod

GV/Coupon mod

Points rewards mod

Wishlist mod

Live support mod

featured products

newsletter contribution

Admin section

Supertracker

Recover Cart Sales

Mutli Stores

eBay auction tracker

google postion

Thanks

Looks fanstatic! Really like the graphic work on it.

Getting the annoying pop up SSL warning though when I click on check out.

Again, I don't like having to make an account to shop either, nothing will make me leave a site faster lol.

Ok.. well maybe a few things! But very nice. I can't really compliment you enough on the lay out of it. Eye kandee indeed :)

Hi everyone,

Catalog section:

Multi Stores

Thumbnailer with GD

osC affiliate

Link exchange (modified)

Canada Post Shipping Mod

Paypal shopping cart

Mo pic

RSS mod

GV/Coupon mod

Points rewards mod

Wishlist mod

Live support mod

featured products

newsletter contribution

Admin section

Supertracker

Recover Cart Sales

Mutli Stores

eBay auction tracker

google postion

Thanks

Looks good although I like the "FORPLAY SANTA'S SNOW HO" in your other shop better :lol:

The color setting by itself is cool but I would choose a softer color as the blue/purple you have now.

A real let down is the self signed certificate you use for the SSL parts but I assume that is just for a short testing period ?!

Guess you must be working on the site or something, as I'm getting tons of errors virtually everywhere I look. Categories, my account, etc. Nothing works.

Sorry to everyone that has looked at my site today.

My provider decided to upgrade their servers, mysql and thier hosting software.

They tried to fix the problems on my site without telling me but becuase of all the mods I have done its going to take sometime to fix.

After I'm done if anyone needs to fix for multi stores and MySQL 5.1 let me know cause I will have it.

Once again Sorry for the errors, I'm working as fast as I can to fix it all.

B)

Site is online right now and it doesnt do much for me to be honest. When I think Playboy as a brand, then I see this site - I dont get the same feeling at all.

Personally I think you are way off base for the type of product and client you are after.

Well I think I got everything working again :D

Thanks for looking at my site MarthaD, would like to see what you are doing different with oscommerce.

As for my products and clients, I have no shortage of either, since I am selling one of the most reconised brand names in the world. In fact our website only features 50% of the products we have available in our store.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Eye Kandee Apparel

• 1 year later...

Its been a couple of years now that our site have been up and running.

We felt things need to be changed a little, so we are testing the new design on our Lingerie & Clubwear store

Here is the list of changes we made:

New index layout

Small thumbnail images on product info page

New popup shopping cart info box ( replaces old live support link )

Thanks and enjoy,

Eye Kandee Apparel

PS. Please remember this is a live site. Also we are testing our brother site Ntact Records Online Store feel free to test that site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

alex,

great design.

i took some of your ideas and incorporated them into my site. (http colon 2 backslahes combali dot kr )

for example, the idea of having a left panel which changes to CUSTOMER SERVICE type information during checkout and when dealing with customer service issues

i checked out, but the shipping came out really high.

I was wondering,also, how I could reduplicate your 'eyekandee points per purchase' feature. it's not in the coupon module, right?

if there was some way, also, to make your popup_image.php box show all the images in the right panel, and have the center image become populated using javascript (similar to what i have on the product_info pages) that would be great.

also, lots of your items are listed as out of stock. in fact, most of them.

the shipping was so high i thought the shipping was artifically inflated.

there is a non-sync between the pictures in your footer (which are categories -- corsiers, stockings) and the brand-names which appear in the left side. I clicked corsets on the bottom picture, and then "dreamgirl" shows up in the left panel. but when i click dreamgirl, it comes up with ALL dreamgirl products. they should cross-reference .... meaning, in technical terms, you have to rewrite the filtering code to work together. i did that, but it's not cake. it is confusing, but possible.........

good luck, excellent, thanks for sharing it ~~~~~~~~

alex,

great design.

i took some of your ideas and incorporated them into my site. (http colon 2 backslahes combali dot kr )

for example, the idea of having a left panel which changes to CUSTOMER SERVICE type information during checkout and when dealing with customer service issues

i checked out, but the shipping came out really high.

I was wondering,also, how I could reduplicate your 'eyekandee points per purchase' feature. it's not in the coupon module, right?

if there was some way, also, to make your popup_image.php box show all the images in the right panel, and have the center image become populated using javascript (similar to what i have on the product_info pages) that would be great.

also, lots of your items are listed as out of stock. in fact, most of them.

the shipping was so high i thought the shipping was artifically inflated.

there is a non-sync between the pictures in your footer (which are categories -- corsiers, stockings) and the brand-names which appear in the left side. I clicked corsets on the bottom picture, and then "dreamgirl" shows up in the left panel. but when i click dreamgirl, it comes up with ALL dreamgirl products. they should cross-reference .... meaning, in technical terms, you have to rewrite the filtering code to work together. i did that, but it's not cake. it is confusing, but possible.........

good luck, excellent, thanks for sharing it ~~~~~~~~

Hey Hanguk.oenandout.com

Thanks for looking at the site.

I'll start with the shipping. The quotes are provided directly from the Canada Post website, and include insurance and S&H (the cost of the box) so the prices are not artifically inflated.

As for the stock, we order Product as needed, if we carried everything listed on our site we would have an inventory of over $50,000 and would need a warehouse to hold it all.

The point system is availible as a contribution Click here to download

I just setup the links at the bottom as quick searches based on what the most popular searches were in the past year.

Thank you for the idea of the product images, I will look into that.

Thanks once again

Cheers,

Alex

NtactRecords.com

store.ntactrecords.com

eyekandeeapparel.com

Archived