• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Virtual Unique Products (AKA PIN and phonecard selling)

Silencer

I have a problem with your contrib..

after all changes , when i go to PIN LOADER I cannot see back the pin codes (after restock checked) , any idea ?

thanks,

nimsgone

ok, i answered myself.. for some reason my 'field products_pin_used' format was tiny ... so the order_id wasn't there, i fixed it.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP! PLEASE!

I've installed this system and it is working, but I can't seem to get the pin numbers after the order has gone through.

I didn't receive the download page, it wasn't in my order confirmation and It wasn't on any screen after the order was processed. I just got thrown back to the main catalog page.

Is anyone else having this same issue or am I doing something wrong.

I have installed this module over 8 times in different servers even tried on my local pc 4 times. Just cant get it to work.

PLEASE HELP, PLEASE.

• 5 weeks later...

2 things.

1. I have noticed that under Admin -> Catalog -> Products Attributes, OSC asks for a filename, should i leave this blank or what should i enter?

2. The database table, products_pins does not get updated (ie. the "products_pin_used" column doesnt change from 0 to 1 after checkout_process.php)

Any help/ suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Hi Thanks for the module. But i have commpleted all the steps from the instructions but it is still not working. When i try to browse to pin_loader.php it gives me 500 internal server error.

I have installed the new version from os site and them applied yur changes but pin_loader.php is not coming up. I can see the link in my admin (left column) but after clicking nothing works.

Please let me know if i am missing anything.

Thanks

Need some community assistance with testing :)

Download at: here.

Contribution purpose: make osC suitable for "unique virtual" products selling - PINs, phonecards, etc.

How to use:

0. Install. Don't forget to set "Download enabled" and "Check stock".

1. Go to Products Attributes.

2. Create new option "PIN" or smthng like that.

3. Create new option value "Instant delivery" or smthng like that.

4. Add this option/value to product you need and check "Is PIN code" checkbox.

5. Go to Catalog - PIN loader and click Upload.

6. Choose needed product and enter some codes into form field (separated by newlines, spaces, commas or semicolons) and click Update button.

Little more explanations:

"Update" button in "PIN loader" set products quantity for all products with "Is PIN" attribute according to number of records in products_pins table.

"Minimum order status" in Configuration - Download is self explaining i hope. PINs will be showed to customer only if order status equal or greater that value of this option. If you use "instant payment" module - they will see PIN right on "Checkout success" page.

Now important warning:

ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR REAL USE! TESTING ONLY

This mod was NOT passed thru nice testing. PIN codes = money, so you don't want customers get them for free, right?

TO DO:

1. Images as PINs (phonecard scans for example). Some trick supposed, cuz they must be stored outside of htdocs.

2. PIN code in order confirmation e-mail.

3. You name it.

Waiting for comments.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Everything seems working but the download page does not appear on order completion. I noticed that Pin Number will be displayed on check-out screen for INSTANT PAYMENT MODULE. How can I test it in OFF LINE Payment Module to display the Pin # on Check Out process (Order Completion). I am trying to put Non Working PIN to test first.

Anybody can help me?

That's is it. Enjoy. Any questions, problems - post it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I implemented your suggested changes in checkout_process.php, but email sent to customer still doesn't contain the pin code.

The count of pin codes in admin page got deducted properly, but email doesn't have the pin code delivered to customer and there was no download page in the email.

Any suggestion for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance.

That's is it. Enjoy. Any questions, problems - post it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I implemented your suggested changes in checkout_process.php, but email sent to customer still doesn't contain the pin code.

The count of pin codes in admin page got deducted properly, but email doesn't have the pin code delivered to customer and there was no download page in the email.

Any suggestion for troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I found my problem!

I missed the part that the product attribute & product attribute option need to be set up. Below are the steps if you need it:

1. Go to Products Attributes.

2. Create new option "PIN".

3. Create new option value called "Instant delivery".

4. Add this option/value to product you need and check "Is PIN code" checkbox.

5. Go to Catalog - PIN loader and click Upload.

6. Choose needed product and enter some codes into form field (separated by newlines, spaces, commas or semicolons) and click Update button.

But first thing first, download the contribution from

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3883

and follow the instructions carefully.

Thanks for the nice contribution.

Suggestions:

If the PIN Code Management can be more detail (in table) such as:

PIN | Status (avail/sold) | delete (button)

or something like that would be very nice.

• 1 month later...

Im having some problems. Ive tried to follow this all step-by-step, but I'm getting errors.

In my ADMIN panel, under Catalog, the link shows up as this: BOX_CATALOG_PIN_LOADER

I also get this error to the right:

PIN codes management

1146 - Table 'd60448873.products_pins' doesn't exist

SELECT pp.products_id, p.products_quantity AS pcount, count(*) AS all_pin FROM products_pins pp, products p where pp.products_id = p.products_id GROUP BY pp.products_id

[TEP STOP]

Im not even sure where to start looking to find out where its bad. I dont modify my files, except for this PIN Number system.

• 1 month later...
Im having some problems. Ive tried to follow this all step-by-step, but I'm getting errors.

In my ADMIN panel, under Catalog, the link shows up as this: BOX_CATALOG_PIN_LOADER

I also get this error to the right:

PIN codes management

1146 - Table 'd60448873.products_pins' doesn't exist

SELECT pp.products_id, p.products_quantity AS pcount, count(*) AS all_pin FROM products_pins pp, products p where pp.products_id = p.products_id GROUP BY pp.products_id

[TEP STOP]

Im not even sure where to start looking to find out where its bad. I dont modify my files, except for this PIN Number system.

Any lack in solving the above problem?

I'm a newbie, just joined the forum. I have followed the install instructions but when i click on pin_loader in admin area to upload pins i only get blank page-no error messages.

I'm prepard to pay for expert assistance in getting over pin_loader hurdle.

Sincerely apologise if i breach forum rules as i'm new and learning.

thanking you in advance for your help

nayabiya

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

I've installed this module and it works fine, appreciate much for the novel design!

One of my main concern is worrying about any hacker to attack my system and steal all my phonecard PINs.

Are there any security measures recommended to prevent this potential danger happens? Please kindly advise, thank you.

Best regards,

allright

• 1 year later...

I know this is a old mod, i have installed it and seems properly configured, now im getting this error on checkout_process.php

1146 - Table 'store_name.TABLE_PRODUCTS_PINS' doesn't exist

SELECT products_pin_id, products_pin_code FROM TABLE_PRODUCTS_PINS WHERE products_id = '1192{1}1' AND products_pin_used='0' LIMIT 1

TEP_DB_ERRORR

Does anyone know why. I am 100% sure the table is created

Edited by rickyfer

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...