• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 need help

vivaxone

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 need some help.

1. First where is the support threat for this cont. i searched allover but didnt find it.

2. I installed Easy Populate in it now i had to install it regular as i couldnt get it to work.

file catalog.php in admin/includes/boxes

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

i add this code so easy populate works which it does now in the admin section, it shows up

but i wanted to added so it works also with the Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0

so there are these new lines

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_REVIEWS, BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_SPECIALS, BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS) .
							   tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

how would i add the Easy Populate into this admin box, please anyone know, also other contributions i want to install like Attribute Set.

Please let me know if anyone knows this.

Best wishes,

Anton

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the contribution does not haveyou set a defines for it you need to do that by opening admin/includes/filenames and add

define('FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');

Then you will need to define the page name

usually this is done in your main language file.. like

admin/includes/languages/english.php

add

define('BOX_HEADING_EASYPOPULATE', 'Easypopulate');

then on the page you posted above add this line

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, BOX_CATALOG_EASYPOPULATE) .

anywhere above

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED));

hope that helps.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

• 2 months later...

I am having some issues with the Administration Access Level Accounts contrib as well. I couldn't find the main support thread, so I hope you dont mind me piggybacking on this one. :-"

I installed this contrib:

Categorie Admin (Extension for Administration Access Level Account) with Patch oliswiss 20 Feb 2006

from: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359

Which first requires:

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0, Version 2.1_1 pacmanito May 07.2005

After installing those according to the instructions, I deleted the default product catalog and now get the following error when I go to the catalog admin page:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALL,33)) and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order b' at line 1

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and (c.parent_id or c.categories_id in (ALL,33)) and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

I think the "ALL" in the subquery is what is blowing this up, but not 100% sure. I am confident I installed the contrib sucessfully, maybe its a mysql issue? I am using 4.1.14.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

Dave

• 2 months later...
If the contribution does not haveyou set a defines for it you need to do that by opening admin/includes/filenames and add

define('FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');

Then you will need to define the page name

usually this is done in your main language file.. like

admin/includes/languages/english.php

add

define('BOX_HEADING_EASYPOPULATE', 'Easypopulate');

then on the page you posted above add this line

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_EASYPOPULATE, BOX_CATALOG_EASYPOPULATE) .

anywhere above

hope that helps.

Hi Wnedy

I wanted to say thanks for this. I googled with the same problem and found this post, which has alleviated a lot of frustration!

• 2 weeks later...

a few things in one post:

1. anybody tried Admin 3 addition to extension? can't make it work

2. PHP is not my lang by choice so before I start anything a Q: anybody knows how to extend this contrib by adding log register (who-did-what)

3. is this extension SQL injection resistant?

I installed on a semi-virgin osC 2.2-MS2 Update 051113.

I get SQL errors as stated below.

1146 - Table 'beachgla_osC.admin' doesn't exist

select admin_id as login_id, admin_groups_id as login_groups_id, admin_firstname as login_firstname, admin_email_address as login_email_address, admin_password as login_password, admin_modified as login_modified, admin_logdate as login_logdate, admin_lognum as login_lognum from admin where admin_email_address = 'admin@localhost'

[TEP STOP]

The code is looking for beachgla_osC.admin

There is a table called admin on the db beachgla_osC

I wrote my own query using mysql_connect and mysql_query and it worked fine.

Need help. Please.

Help!

I installed this contribution 2.2a to be exact ... the problem is I cannot change passwords. To access my admin I had to use phpadmin to change admin@localhost to myemail then click forgotten password... once I have access and goto "My Account" and click edit all I can do is click back :

error1yd.jpg

when ever I set up a new user i get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-9, 9' at line 1

select * from admin order by admin_firstname limit -9, 9

Click back page and the user is added

then to access with a new user i must use forgotten password to gain access

Help! :(

Edited by jay2k5

I installed on a semi-virgin osC 2.2-MS2 Update 051113.

I get SQL errors as stated below.

The code is looking for beachgla_osC.admin

There is a table called admin on the db beachgla_osC

I wrote my own query using mysql_connect and mysql_query and it worked fine.

Need help. Please.

Never mind. Using wrong DB Server.

Silly me.

I installed 2.2 on a fresh install of OSC and when I try to go to admin/index.php it shows this:

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/HTTPS_SERVER/admin/login.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.34 Server at alteredmotorsports.com Port 80

Anyone know what is happening??

• 2 weeks later...

I am also getting the same problem trying to change password on my account..

When i click edit it asks me for password. which is existing password an then when i click confirm i dont have the ability to change anything..

MySQL version 4.1.19-standard

PHP version 5.1.4

Cant seem to find the problem.. Could this be anything to do with register globals being turned off at all.. As i have patched the files using register_globals_v1.4a

any news on this would be wicked..

Hello,

I've just installed "Categorie Admin (Extension for Administration Access Level Account) with Patches" contribution and having a problem with viewing Categories/Products when not logged in as Administrator. The error I'm getting is:

Categories / Products

Categories / Products Status Action

1065 - Query was empty

What might be the reason that the query appears to be empry? Any advices?

Thanks in advance.

Irina.

Edited by Irin

Hello,

I've just installed "Categorie Admin (Extension for Administration Access Level Account) with Patches" contribution and having a problem with viewing Categories/Products when not logged in as Administrator. The error I'm getting is:

What might be the reason that the query appears to be empry? Any advices?

Thanks in advance.

Irina.

Hi Irina...

I fixed the Problems and added the files to the contribution

(www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359)

I hope you can use it, too...

Kind regards,

Thomas

Hi Irina...

I fixed the Problems and added the files to the contribution

(www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359)

I hope you can use it, too...

Kind regards,

Thomas

Thomas, thanks a lot for your kindness in helping me. I really want to apologize for my post and inconvenience it might caused you :blush: It's all my fault. I didn't specify what categories to allow members to see. I absolutely forgot about this part, then I looked over the instructions again and saw that I missed the step. So, I went back to my categories and selected what categories members could see and edit, and it worked. So, I really don't know if that was a problem with the latest release... Now, everything works perfectly. I just have an inconvenience with sessions, they expire too fast and I don't even have time to insert all the information about my product, which is lengthy. Is there anyhow we can make the sessions never expire or last longer?

Thanks,

Irina.

Edited by Irin

• 2 weeks later...

I hv two problem.

1.I hv installed HTC first, there are codes in conflict with Categorie Admin

The HTC code in my admin/categories.php

<?php

$categories_count = 0;

$rows = 0;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$search = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']);

// HTC BOC

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

// HTC EOC

}

The code Categorie Admin want to modify.

<?php

$categories_count = 0;

$rows = 0;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$search = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']);

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

// BOF: KategorienAdmin / OLISWISS

if ($admin_cat_access == "ALL") {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else if ($admin_cat_access == ""){

$categories_query = tep_db_query("");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and (c.parent_id or c.categories_id in (" . $admin_cat_access . ")) and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

// EOF: KategorienAdmin / OLISWISS

hope anyone can give me a solution.

2. I hv add a member ,but I did't know where to set the password for the member,someone told me it will be send to the mail I set, however I didn't find any mail.I install osc on my pc,the php.ini is set to smtp.gmail.com, is it correct?

aslo the email option is set to smtp.

But still get it work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

i get this error when trying to login (i have entered the correct username/pass):

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_validate_password() in e:\domains\n\nsma.com\user\htdocs\store\admin\login.php on line 31

Line 31: if (!tep_validate_password($password, $check_admin['login_password'])) {

any help would be great

cheers

Hi,

I have installed the Administration Access Level Accounts 2.2a, I also included the Categorie Admin extension and oliswiss last extension.

A couple of things I noticed with my installations was that the 1065 - Query was empty only occurred when I merged the admin/admin_members.php from 2.2a and the oliswiss admin_members.php, but using either one of them was fine.

Found TEXT_INFO_EDIT_GROUP_INTRO appeared instead of a heading when editing group names.

Was found to be defined as TEXT_INFO_EDIT_GROUPS_INTRO in the admin/includes/languages/english/admin_member.php

(I simply removed the S out of GROUPS to fix this.)

My current problem is that in the Admin Member column on the right hand side where you can see the Category Access - the category names are not showing - only the ID.

Eg.

(1)

(2)

(3)

instead of something like

Bath (1)

Face (2)

Body (3)

Can anyone tell me why the Category Names may not be showing?

The other problems is that when I try to delete a Admin Member I simply get a box on the right hand side that says:

Delete Permission

and only shows a back button?

As a top level admin, I would think that I should be able to delete the member, but somehow no delete button appears - however, I can delete a Group which in turn deletes all the Admin Members in the that Group.

If someone could shed some light on this or give me some idea, I greatly appreciate it.

The other problems is that when I try to delete a Admin Member I simply get a box on the right hand side that says:

Delete Permission

and only shows a back button?

As a top level admin, I would think that I should be able to delete the member, but somehow no delete button appears - however, I can delete a Group which in turn deletes all the Admin Members in the that Group.

If someone could shed some light on this or give me some idea, I greatly appreciate it.

Sorry scratch this. It appears as a Top Level Administrator you can only delete other Members provided your email address matches the Store Owner email address under Configuration > My Store

If not, the delete button will not appear. :) (It makes it a little tricky when setting up the store for others.)

Hello Folks,

I posted this in an old support topic for Admin Access Levels and never got any response. I am hoping someone here has had this problem or at least can point me in the right direction.

I have successfully installed admin access level accounts 2.0a (for the most part). I am having a problem with the system kicking me out suddenly. There seems to be no ryme or reason for this. It kicks me out at random times while doing random tasks in OScommerce, then I have to log in again and start over.

It doesn't matter what computer I use or which service provider I am on. Unfortunately, all my sites are with the same company, so I can't try a different hosting provider.

Could this be a server setting? A php setting? Something in the code? If anyone could at least point me in a direction to start looking, I would be appreciative.

Thanks!

Another thought: Is there a limit on how many admins can be logged in at once? I have a number of people using the system at the same time. Could this be causing me to get kicked out?

Hello Folks,

I posted this in an old support topic for Admin Access Levels and never got any response. I am hoping someone here has had this problem or at least can point me in the right direction.

I have successfully installed admin access level accounts 2.0a (for the most part). I am having a problem with the system kicking me out suddenly. There seems to be no ryme or reason for this. It kicks me out at random times while doing random tasks in OScommerce, then I have to log in again and start over.

It doesn't matter what computer I use or which service provider I am on. Unfortunately, all my sites are with the same company, so I can't try a different hosting provider.

Could this be a server setting? A php setting? Something in the code? If anyone could at least point me in a direction to start looking, I would be appreciative.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have installed the Administration Access Level Accounts 2.2a, I also included the Categorie Admin extension and oliswiss last extension.

My current problem is that in the Admin Member column on the right hand side where you can see the Category Access - the category names are not showing - only the ID.

Eg.

(1)

(2)

(3)

instead of something like

Bath (1)

Face (2)

Body (3)

Can anyone tell me why the Category Names may not be showing?

I've just installed Administration Access Level Accounts 2.2 and I'm having the same problem with the catagory ID showing up but not the name.\

Anyone solved this?

Thanks in advance

sj

• 3 weeks later...

I was about to post about something similar to this. I seem to be getting a similar thing though I hadn't assumed it to be random, I thought it might be some sort of timeout setting. If it is, is there any way of altering it?

I'm also not entirely convinced that I'ld be able to retrieve passwords either - I set the mod up several times only to not be able to get back in in the way described earlier in the thread. Touch wood, it hasn't happend lately (though that's probably cursed it now!)

Other than that it's a great mod, and one of the things that seemed to be badly missing from an out of the box instalation of osC.

I was about to post about something similar to this. I seem to be getting a similar thing though I hadn't assumed it to be random, I thought it might be some sort of timeout setting. If it is, is there any way of altering it?

I'm also not entirely convinced that I'ld be able to retrieve passwords either - I set the mod up several times only to not be able to get back in in the way described earlier in the thread. Touch wood, it hasn't happend lately (though that's probably cursed it now!)

Other than that it's a great mod, and one of the things that seemed to be badly missing from an out of the box instalation of osC.

it is most likely something to do with sessions

something with sessions

QUOTE(astronomad @ Jul 29 2006, 08:13 PM) *

it is most likely something to do with sessions

That's what I thought as well. I increased the timeout for the sessions from the default 1440 to 2880. This is found in admin/includes/functions/sessions.php and is the variable $SESS_LIFE = 1440;

I also flushed the sessions table in the database.

These have not worked. This problem is not a time-out problem. You can be working in the system for say, 5 minutes and the next link you click on kicks you back to the login page. It also happens with the first or second link you click on after logging in.

I have around 15 admins using the system, with maybe 5 to 8 logged in and using the system at any given time. I use a customized version of Step by Step orders 1.7 to facilitate manual order entry for phone orders.

I do not experience the kicking out issue as much as the employees using the system. This could be becuase:

A. I do not use the system as much as they do, although I have been using it heavily on days when they have experienced getting kicked out. I have been kicked out on a few occasions, however.

B. I am not in the same physical location. At one time I thought that Mcafee Virus Scan may have something to do with it- blocking a cookie or something? I do not use Mcafee, but all the employees have a corporate version installed on their machine.

Does any of this provoke any more thoughts from the group?