• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 need help

vivaxone

I installed on a semi-virgin osC 2.2-MS2 Update 051113.

I get SQL errors as stated below.

The code is looking for beachgla_osC.admin

There is a table called admin on the db beachgla_osC

I wrote my own query using mysql_connect and mysql_query and it worked fine.

Need help. Please.

Hi,

I'm getting this same exact error but I am using the correct database, and yes the admin table is defined in database tables file.

Any ideas?

Here's the error -

1146 - Table 'databasename.admin' doesn't exist

select admin_id as login_id, admin_groups_id as login_groups_id, admin_firstname as login_firstname, admin_email_address as login_email_address, admin_password as login_password, admin_modified as login_modified, admin_logdate as login_logdate, admin_lognum as login_lognum from admin where admin_email_address = 'admin@localhost'

Edited by rjckicks1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I have just been trying to update to the "Administration Access Level Accounts 2.2a " on my OSCMAX which includes standard version 2.1.....

(The "Register Globals Easy" is also installed.)

But i am not able to access it from admin...

The result is : after installation when i tried to login to the Admin panel, it came up with "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. "

Can somebody suggest me the possible solution....

Thanks and Regards,

Stoffel

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed v2.2 RC2a and wanted to install Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 along with its category manager and the Listing Products Instructions in Admin for Vendors contribution to allow vendors to have admin control over their specific products (only) while maintaining a 'master' admin account to control them all. When I went to install them the structure has changed so much that I was wondering if these contributions are adaptable or not to v2.2 rc2a by a person (me) with limited PHP knowledge. I don't have a problem figuring out where to find where the code was moved to and make the contribution changes to the code but I don’t know how to find out if the account/login function logic is comparable without physically installing and testing it.

Can I use this contribution with v2.2 rc2a? Now that the admin/index.php goes directly to the admin menu page, where should I place the admin login manager page? Should I add it to the new admin account setup page?

Now that admin accounts are set up by default in v2.2 rc2a, is there an easier or better way to set up admin accounts that have admin rights for a specific product category only?

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

After loging into the admin area I get the following error :

1054 - Unknown column 'admin_id' in 'where clause'

select admin_files_id from admin_files where FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_groups_id) or FIND_IN_SET( '1', admin_id) and admin_files_is_boxes = '1' and admin_files_name = 'administrator.php'

[TEP STOP]

I checked the database structure and the admin_id does exist; what can be the problem?

• 3 weeks later...
I just installed v2.2 RC2a and wanted to install Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 along with its category manager and the Listing Products Instructions in Admin for Vendors contribution to allow vendors to have admin control over their specific products (only) while maintaining a 'master' admin account to control them all. When I went to install them the structure has changed so much that I was wondering if these contributions are adaptable or not to v2.2 rc2a by a person (me) with limited PHP knowledge. I don't have a problem figuring out where to find where the code was moved to and make the contribution changes to the code but I don’t know how to find out if the account/login function logic is comparable without physically installing and testing it.

Can I use this contribution with v2.2 rc2a? Now that the admin/index.php goes directly to the admin menu page, where should I place the admin login manager page? Should I add it to the new admin account setup page?

Now that admin accounts are set up by default in v2.2 rc2a, is there an easier or better way to set up admin accounts that have admin rights for a specific product category only?

GREAT QUESTION... ANYONE WHO KNOWS CARE TO ANSWER??? PLEASE.

• 1 month later...

I just installed the admin access 2.2a this morning and it worked fine. A few hours later I tried to log in, and everytime it blanks out the email field and password and still on login page. If I click on forgotten password it does not leave the login page which didn't happen before and I have not installed anything new after this contribution.

Can anyone help please? Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I have installed the contribution "Admin Account with Access Level (v. 2.2a).". It allows me to set access level to different boxes in the admin panel. Great contribution.

I am hiring a person to handle the order processing of my store. I just want him to see the most recent orders (say orders received in the last two months), is there a good way to do that? Or could somebody here suggest which file I should start with?

Also I may choose to show the order in certain status only (say pending orders), which file do I need to modify? And I prefer not giving the order EDIT, order DELETE, customer EDIT, customer DELETE permission to the person. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bo

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does someone experienced my problem?

i've installed contrib and all seems working fine, but now on any admin page any filter (like search or select a category on categories.php) brings me to login page.. anyone had this problem? how you solved it?

does someone experienced my problem?

i've installed contrib and all seems working fine, but now on any admin page any filter (like search or select a category on categories.php) brings me to login page.. anyone had this problem? how you solved it?

solved..

IF SOMEONE HAVE PROBLEMS WITH "GET" FORMS, JUST ADD THIS RIGHT AFTER THE FORM INITIALIZATION (the tep_draw_form function):

tep_draw_hidden_field('osCAdminID', $_GET['osCAdminID'])

Have a nice programming day :)

• 2 months later...
Hello,

I have just been trying to update to the "Administration Access Level Accounts 2.2a " on my OSCMAX which includes standard version 2.1.....

(The "Register Globals Easy" is also installed.)

But i am not able to access it from admin...

The result is : after installation when i tried to login to the Admin panel, it came up with "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. "

Can somebody suggest me the possible solution....

Thanks and Regards,

Stoffel

I have the exact same problem. I just tried again over a fresh install and the same issue.

For those that have got it working on a fresh install - can you please tell me if you needed to install the Register Globals add-on or did it work without it?

I just installed the addon to the OSC 2.2rc2a and got the register_globals error. Instead of going deeper and attempting to install the Register Globals Addon in addition, I tried turning on register_globals using .htaccess. This resolved the error, but the login_admin.php hit an endless loop. Without anyone supporting this addon (as far as I can tell from this thread) I decided not to waste more of my time than the 1/2 day wasted already.

Greetings,

I am going to document what I have done to get the Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 working so far. Please keep in mind that I am working on it locally and not live (EasyPHP 2.0, with Apache 2.2.3 and PHP 5.2.0). (I haven't come across major problems when uploading to a live environment, however I will post an update if I run into any major issues.)

Also please note there is another thread which also deals with AALA - I haven't read all the way through it, but it may address any other problems you run into. It can be found here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51399

The latest version of Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 has had a lot of work done to it. There has been a generous amount of time put into rolling several contributions and fixes into the latest version.

It is supposed to have addressed the Register Globals issues and it also combines oliswiss' Category Extension (which I'm a big fan of, having used it in the past).

I can only comment on what has worked for me. Why I have encountered some of the issues I have - for some of them - I'm not sure. Also please be aware this may be a long post.

Please read through first - it's not an exact Step by Step, but more on what happened during the process.

--

Firstly I installed the latest version of osCommerce (osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a).

Then I installed Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0 - pparrilla 16 Oct 2008: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359

The first problem I ran into was the Register Globals issue when trying to acces catalog/admin/index.php

--

So I downloaded the Register Globals addon - CMOTD 5 Sep 2006: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2097

I installed both contributions several times and kept coming back to an error which told me that trying to access the Administration area was resulting in a loop that would never resolve.

Note: One of the biggest challenges of using osCommerce with addons/contributions is updates. It's a constant work in progress and with each update there is no guarantee that your selection of contributions that you have managed to get to work together will continue to work in the future, unless you have a sound knowledge of how to keep them updated or the contributor is continually maintaining the package.

So in saying that - while some older contributions will still work - don't just blindy install a contribution, even if it is a clean install. Using several contributions will often mean that several additions are made to a single file as a result. It's good to know what is being added or removed and good practice to comment out rather than delete.

--

So I kept coming across the same problem. I use WinMerge which I find invaluable. Notepad++ can also provide a similar layout where you can have both files side by side for comparison.

In the end I came across this contribution Register Globals Patch Files - Vger 1 Aug 2005: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2957

First I installed the contribution very carefully using WinMerge, and I made note of which files were affected in the Administration area.

Then I went forth to install the Administration Access Level 2.0. Most files after comparing I just straight overwrote with the included contribution files. When it came to editing files that had been previously edited with the Register Global Patch Files - I did these manually. (I probably should've documented which files they were, but you'll know when you try to install them as there were only a couple.)

--

So for that part - Success! I was able to see the login page (login_admin.php) and login.

--

Common Problems:

Error: administrators.php is not defined

You will need to define administrators.php in /admin/includes/filenames.php - define('FILENAME_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators.php');

Error: No Rights Permissions

You will need to go to menu boxes on the left side: Click Administrator then Click on File Access then Select Configuration. On the right hand side box you'll see Store Files and administrators.php should be in the pull down menu. You need to Select it and and click Save.

Error: 1146 - TABLE 'your_dbname.table_administrators' doesn't exist select id, user_name from TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS order by user_name

You will need to define 'TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS' in /admin/includes/database_table.php - define('TABLE_ADMINISTRATORS', 'administrators');

Error: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in /.../...

Clicking on the Administration link in the header brings up this error. I found a solution that's from another contribution: RC2 Admin Login for MS2 - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6203.

In Step 8:

Backup admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

Add this function before the closing PHP tag ?>

////

// Hide form elements

function tep_hide_session_id() {

$string = '';

if (defined('SID') && tep_not_null(SID)) {

$string = tep_draw_hidden_field(tep_session_name(), tep_session_id());

}

return $string;

}

When you click the Administration link in the header - unlike a clean install which shows a blank page with the Shop Title you'll see your Customers and Orders with no error.

Other:

You may want to edit /admin/includes/languages/english/admin_members.php - as the list at the bottom defines // BOF: KategorienAdmin / OLISWISS and the grammar and spelling needs a little cleaning up. (That's not a pick, but if you're pedantic like me and like for things to look uniform, you may want to fix it.)

--

At this points - it works for me. I will be uploading it shortly once I make a few more GUI changes.

I hope this helps address some issues - which of course in some previous posts - other osCers have provided support, so I am only reiterating some of those answers.

As always use Contributions carefully and at your own risk - and if you can, give a little something back and Good Luck :)

Edited by Thenes

Error: Fatal Error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in /.../... /catalog/admin/index.php on line 54

Clicking on the Administration link in the header brings up this error. I found a solution that's from another contribution: RC2 Admin Login for MS2 - http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6203.

In Step 8:

Backup admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

Add this function before the closing PHP tag ?>

////

// Hide form elements

function tep_hide_session_id() {

$string = '';

if (defined('SID') && tep_not_null(SID)) {

$string = tep_draw_hidden_field(tep_session_name(), tep_session_id());

}

return $string;

}

When you click the Administration link in the header - unlike a clean install which shows a blank page with the Shop Title you'll see your Customers and Orders with no error.

It wouldn't let me re-edit the post, but this is how it was supposed to read.

Edited by Thenes

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I have just installed the Administration Access Level 2.0. I can't really say if it is great or not. I think that of I get it to work fine thewhole idea is great. The problem that I have is that I can't pass the login_admin.php page. Even though I use the correct username and password I keep coming to the login page. I don't know what to do because there is no error message. So I don't have an idea where to look to solve it.

If someone has a clue what should I check I would be very greatfull.

Thanks in advance

Theodosis

hi

I tried to install the contribution Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0, just load the sql file I have a problem:

INSERT INTO admin_files VALUES (3, 'catalog.php', 1, 0,'1, 18 ');

# 1265 - Data truncated for column 'admin_groups_id' at row 1

in practice the value that does not accept is 1,18 because the database should be 1 or 2

# Table structure for table `admin_files`

# ---------------------------------------

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS admin_files;

CREATE TABLE admin_files (

admin_files_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

admin_files_name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

admin_files_is_boxes tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0',

admin_files_to_boxes int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

admin_groups_id set('1','2') NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY (admin_files_id)

);

What should I do?

Thanks

P.S. I have oscommerce version 2.2 rc2a you can find contribution at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1359

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could make this, or it allready exist.

Searching for a system that shows when a admin logs in the admin panel and registers how long the admin stays.

If it is possible even show what an admin does.

Thanks.

hi

I tried to install the contribution Administration Access Level Accounts 2.0, just load the sql file I have a problem:

INSERT INTO admin_files VALUES (3, 'catalog.php', 1, 0,'1, 18 ');

# 1265 - Data truncated for column 'admin_groups_id' at row 1

in practice the value that does not accept is 1,18 because the database should be 1 or 2

# Table structure for table `admin_files`

# ---------------------------------------

CREATE TABLE admin_files (

admin_files_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,

admin_files_name varchar(64) NOT NULL default '',

admin_files_is_boxes tinyint(5) NOT NULL default '0',

admin_files_to_boxes int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

admin_groups_id set('1','2') NOT NULL default '1',

PRIMARY KEY (admin_files_id)

);

What should I do?

Thanks

P.S. I have oscommerce version 2.2 rc2a you can find contribution at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1359

i used this

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `admin_files` (

`admin_files_id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,

`admin_files_name` varchar(64) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

`admin_files_is_boxes` tinyint(5) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`admin_files_to_boxes` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',

`admin_groups_id` set('1','2') NOT NULL DEFAULT '1',

PRIMARY KEY (`admin_files_id`)

) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 AUTO_INCREMENT=74 ;

--

-- Dumping data for table `admin_files`

--

INSERT INTO `admin_files` (`admin_files_id`, `admin_files_name`, `admin_files_is_boxes`, `admin_files_to_boxes`, `admin_groups_id`) VALUES

(1, 'administrator.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(2, 'configuration.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(3, 'catalog.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(4, 'modules.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(5, 'customers.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(6, 'taxes.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(7, 'localization.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(8, 'reports.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(9, 'tools.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(10, 'admin_members.php', 0, 1, '1'),

(11, 'admin_files.php', 0, 1, '1'),

(12, 'configuration.php', 0, 2, '1'),

(13, 'categories.php', 0, 3, '1'),

(14, 'products_attributes.php', 0, 3, '1'),

(15, 'manufacturers.php', 0, 3, '1'),

(16, 'reviews.php', 0, 3, '1'),

(17, 'specials.php', 0, 3, '1'),

(18, 'products_expected.php', 0, 3, '1'),

(19, 'modules.php', 0, 4, '1'),

(20, 'customers.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(21, 'orders.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(22, 'countries.php', 0, 6, '1'),

(23, 'zones.php', 0, 6, '1'),

(24, 'geo_zones.php', 0, 6, '1'),

(25, 'tax_classes.php', 0, 6, '1'),

(26, 'tax_rates.php', 0, 6, '1'),

(27, 'currencies.php', 0, 7, '1'),

(28, 'languages.php', 0, 7, '1'),

(29, 'orders_status.php', 0, 7, '1'),

(30, 'stats_products_viewed.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(31, 'stats_products_purchased.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(32, 'stats_customers.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(33, 'backup.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(34, 'banner_manager.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(35, 'cache.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(36, 'define_language.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(37, 'file_manager.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(38, 'mail.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(39, 'newsletters.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(40, 'server_info.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(41, 'whos_online.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(42, 'banner_statistics.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(44, 'easypopulate.php', 0, 2, '1'),

(48, 'birthday.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(49, 'orders_statistics.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(50, 'products_statistics.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(51, 'store_statistics.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(52, 'sitemap.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(53, 'googlesitemap.php', 0, 9, '1'),

(55, 'gv_admin.php', 1, 0, '1'),

(56, 'coupon_admin.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(57, 'forbidden.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(58, 'gv_mail.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(59, 'gv_queue.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(60, 'gv_sent.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(61, 'listcategories.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(62, 'listproducts.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(63, 'treeview.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(64, 'validcategories.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(65, 'validproducts.php', 0, 55, '1'),

(66, 'stats_credits.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(67, 'customers_points.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(68, 'customers_points_credit.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(69, 'customers_points_expire.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(70, 'customers_points_pending.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(71, 'customers_points_referral.php', 0, 5, '1'),

(72, 'missing_pics.php', 0, 8, '1'),

(73, 'product_updates.php', 0, 3, '1');

Hi I was looking at the mod :-

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1359

however couldnt get started on it as the files I am using appear so different.

I have os commerece rc2.2a with a few mods added, but couldn't find anything that remotley ressemled the index.php that is required.

So initially I replaced it, however this then generated the registar globals error and so we go on.

It would be great if someone could take this up and modify this contribution, I have seen this working elsewhere and think its a very valuable tool to be abkle to set levels of access for admin users.

Please can someone rise to the challenege.

Thanks

Johnny

Getting better with mods but no programmer am I.

Hi,

Can anyone please help? I have Rc2a as well and it is not working at all, the index page is completely different. This add-on is something that I really need as I have multiple sales reps from across the country needing access to the new store. I would like them to be able to view their own sales and not modify/change/delete anything or view sales from another rep.

Thanks!