• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add image subdirectories

AlanR

Hello, is there anyway we can make this so that i pickup one image directory instead? and it pickup the first image to display as the normal image and all the rest will be as the sub image? also, if someone can help make it work with moPics contribution is good.

Because i'm getting tire of adding all 6 images to moPics. I think it would be better if we can point to that image directory and it will automatically pickup the first image and set the rest as the sub images.

Big thanks if someone can intergrate it, as i am very weak in php!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I am new to Oscommerce - I am using the Version 2.2 RC2a

I am running PHP 5 and registerglobals are off.

I was using the image subdirectories Enhanced version

define('USE_REG_GLOBALS_PATCH', 'false'); // Use the register globals fix
define('USE_PHP5_MKDIR', 'true'); // Use the php5 mkdir function, set to false if you need to use chmod after creating directories
define('SHOW_DIR_CHECKBOX', 'true'); // Allow users to create new directories
define('USE_UNIX_SLASHES', 'true'); // Use / slashes for php4 mkdir. Set to false for Windows

I do not have moPics installed or use

I have read through the forum on this module and there are no functions in my admin/includes /functions/general.php that relate to image subdirectories

I do not get any errors when I update or create a new product but it is still putting the images under /images and not creating the subfolder

Any help would be great. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Im having a similar problem. My pictures are being added to /images not the correct sub-folder. I am using image sub-directories 2.0

All of my image folders are set to 777, and I get no errors

OK, got it sorted. With newer versions of OSC, make sure you view the post by leveera (post #72) above. If that applies to you-Add the code, then switch your 'USE_REG_GLOBALS_PATCH' in admin/categories.php from false(default) to true. All is well for me now. Great contrib, works a charm

• 6 months later...

Hi AlanR,

I loaded up the contribution and changed the originals to extension .bak as was advised in the Readme file.

The checkbox and the option appears to create a new image subcategory.

When I do go to upload, however, it still sends the image to the default /images/ category and not images/fe/imagename.jpg where I was expecting it to show. I have looked around the boards for about 4 hours trying to find the answer and wondered why it is not working, but it appears the script that creates the new boxes works, it's just not allocating the images to the correct subdirectory. I have a lot of images to load and when going into the base image directory, it takes ages to load that page in Admin/Tools/Filemanager as the list is getting too long. I really need to be able to get the option to have thumbnails and images loading from image subdirectories because I can see problems in the very near future and I have pretty much had to halt any work because of this.

Are you able to offer advice as to what may be wrong? I know it's sort of vague but perhaps you've struck this before?

Thanks in advance. I know that for those that can get this to work, it's a god-send.

• 1 year later...

I am having the same issue - been over the site for 10 hrs, not working mod for OSC version 2.3.1 - can some please post an updated add-on. As uploading images to subdirectories must be the most desired mod going. _HELP - im sure everyone needs this add-on! CHeers