• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Mass Attributes v.01

PartyMania

This attribute tool allows you to import a large amount of attributes at once into each product. I spent a long time looking for a similar tool, but couldn't find one, if you know of one please link it thanks =)

I created this little attribute tool because I had a special need to be able to import massive amounts of attributes for different products and not use easy populate. I do NOT know the oscommerce code very well at all and am just a novice PHP programmer. That said, feel free to modify or change my contribution to suit your needs. I felt i have done a poor job on this contribution, but it gets the job done for me.

Please let me know your thoughts. This contribution will only be useful for certain people.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3868

Edited by PartyMania

Here is another contrib that does what you're needing too. I use it myself.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,Attibutes+Sets

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

I'll test it out and see how it does.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

have the following problem: #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ALTER TABLE `products_options` CHANGE `products_options_id` `products_options_id' at line 2

Does any1 know what the problem is? or do i just have to blow this off

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Ive installed this contribution but i'm running across several problems. For instance, it seems to work for the english language but doesnt work for the other one (in my case, the greek one). Besides that, if I try to add attributes to the greek interface using the basic method of OsCommerce, it wont work at all.

I would like to remove it. How do I do it?

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to import a large quantity of products but do not need extra attributes over the standard fair, though perhaps a couple would be nice. What is the most current tool to import products. I have been using PHP my admin to export products, and this can be done with excel files or as word docs.

Talos

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I'm would like to try this, but the instructions are vague at best! Can the author, or someone who has this working, please indicate how to copy/paste attributes into the input box?

Are they separated by a value, how do you determine which option value it belongs to, etc. These sort of answer will greatly help me (and others!)

Thanks again,

Greg

• 8 years later...