• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Another one live

Barido

Yeah, it can be quite daunting. I've had a bit of 'fun' trying to convert from tables to css, and I hated it. This was when I was first starting out with CSS. It was very annoying to say the least.

I like the site - nice work!

I would be cautious of taking on the conversion task if you're a newbie. It does invlove a lot of work, not only modifying the oscommerce core code, but also any contributions you want to add.

by modifying the core code, you mean conversing tables to css?

by modifying the core code, you mean conversing tables to css?

Yes he meant that in order to change the table-based layout into a CSS layout, you have to modify the core code of osC. Like you said in your post, all the code is done with tables, so every single function that has design elements in the code needs to be changed to a CSS layout.

Respect for this great job :thumbsup:

In both I.E. and F.F. the default currency is NZ $.

I live in The Netherlands en the default currency here is EUR ?.

After setting currency to ? it was OK...

[edit]After adding a product to the basket default currency is NZ $ >_<

In product_info it is not possible to enter 1,5 as quantity but in the shopping_cart page you can.

Watch what happens if you set the quantity to a1 or 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :-" [/edit]

Hard to find something else to help you to improve the site.

One minor thing; if you do a search like "petje" (dutch for cab) as result there's a blank page.

I think a text like No results for "petje". would be better.

There's a great contribution wich will show sugestions if there are no results. Would like to see that one in your site...

My FF has the Tidy HTML Validator plugin and didn't showed a singel page with a error B)

Again; RESPECT

What are the shipping rates?

Shipping is free New Zealand wide. We ship worldwide for free if you spend over , otherswise we charge per order.

Typo and missing information.

In the shopping_cart

Respect for this great job :thumbsup:

In both I.E. and F.F. the default currency is NZ $.

I live in The Netherlands en the default currency here is EUR ?.

After setting currency to ? it was OK...

[edit]After adding a product to the basket default currency is NZ $ >_<

In product_info it is not possible to enter 1,5 as quantity but in the shopping_cart page you can.

Watch what happens if you set the quantity to a1 or 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :-" [/edit]

Hard to find something else to help you to improve the site.

One minor thing; if you do a search like "petje" (dutch for cab) as result there's a blank page.

I think a text like No results for "petje". would be better.

There's a great contribution wich will show sugestions if there are no results. Would like to see that one in your site...

My FF has the Tidy HTML Validator plugin and didn't showed a singel page with a error B)

Again; RESPECT

Thankyou! I will definately tie up the loose ends of the search page, thanks for pointing this out. We are experiencing some issues with out currency converter this weekend, should be resolved shortly I hope.

Nice spotting on shopping cart as well, another thing to do. Cheers!

Is it for SEO that the productname in the breadcrumb is not a link?

I'm not sure which method is more seo friendly. I just don't see why the customer needs a link to the page he's/she's viewing.

What are the shipping rates?

Shipping is free New Zealand wide. We ship worldwide for free if you spend over , otherswise we charge per order.

Typo and missing information.

In the shopping_cart

Thankyou, this is actually to do with our currency conversion software playing up again.

Really amazing and well-done. It definitely takes it to the next level. The only thing I would say is something another reviewer said - that the descriptions under the links on the left hand side look like they should be clickable, being underlined and the same shade of blue. I'm in the US and it shows US currency for me, by the way.

Really well done!

Archived