• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Screen resolution fixing

Hi peeps,

I am trying to create a contribution which sets the viewing size according to the viewers screen resolution.

Let me give you some background, If you get confused then that is my fault. I know what I think but getting it out is a different matter.

Right??..

Here we go??

I have a java script which detects the users screen resolution.

Right

If oscommerce setup was to a fixed size not a percentage then you can change the fixed size to suit the screen resolution.

Example if screen resolution is 800 then coloum width is A, text size is A, picture sizing is A. If screen resolution is 1000 then column width is B text size is B, picture sizing is B etc?..

An image refining contribution would have to be used, such as the way on the fly GD thumbs works.

Personally I think this would provide the ultimate in screen setup. If you set up the screen sizing using fixed with CSS contribution that?s ok for a 800x600 screen. When you go bigger there are background blocks to the left and right. Why have them, you don?t have to. My understand would create the most professional approach to setting the screen size.

Any feed back would be appreciated

Donny

Hi peeps,

I am trying to create a contribution which sets the viewing size according to the viewers screen resolution.

Let me give you some background, If you get confused then that is my fault. I know what I think but getting it out is a different matter.

Right??..

Here we go??

I have a java script which detects the users screen resolution.

Right

If oscommerce setup was to a fixed size not a percentage then you can change the fixed size to suit the screen resolution.

Example if screen resolution is 800 then coloum width is A, text size is A, picture sizing is A. If screen resolution is 1000 then column width is B text size is B, picture sizing is B etc?..

An image refining contribution would have to be used, such as the way on the fly GD thumbs works.

Personally I think this would provide the ultimate in screen setup. If you set up the screen sizing using fixed with CSS contribution that?s ok for a 800x600 screen. When you go bigger there are background blocks to the left and right. Why have them, you don?t have to. My understand would create the most professional approach to setting the screen size.

Any feed back would be appreciated

Donny

It sounds like a good idea but also something Amanda has done some time ago.

Take a look here

Ah, didn't know you had a newer/other one Amanda. Thanks for the correction on this !

p.s. Does this make the one I mentioned obsolete ?

basically, yes, the new one measures the browser width iso the screen width and it determines the amount of time it takes to do the redirect to give a connection speed indication.

Treasurer MFC

basically, yes, the new one measures the browser width iso the screen width and it determines the amount of time it takes to do the redirect to give a connection speed indication.

I made the changes as instructed and it did not work. Loaded file and made the corresponding change. I do not see this working in any screen format.