• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding Back button to Product description

cmjennings21

Can anyone help. I'm building my site and have noticed that i have to use the browser back button to move on from the product description if i don't want to add to cart. The only button available to me is the add to cart. Is there any way of adding a back button into this? any help would be greatly appreciated

Can anyone help. I'm building my site and have noticed that i have to use the browser back button to move on from the product description if i don't want to add to cart. The only button available to me is the add to cart. Is there any way of adding a back button into this? any help would be greatly appreciated

Open your catalog/product_info.php file and locate this section of code...

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

Replace it with this...

<td class="main" align="left"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<?php
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
if (isset($navigation->path[$back]))
?>
			<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td>
			<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
			<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

The <?php

$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;

if (isset($navigation->path[$back]))

?>

<td class="main" align="center"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?></td> section is the backup call and the button to click.

The above code snippet puts it in the middle. You can rearrange the order of the table data calls to suit your needs.

Cindy

Archived