• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

header tag controller not working

saj-uk

Hi,

i noticed that the header tag was not working properly i.e it was not changing the keywords and the descriptions as to what was dispalyed on the page, but just had the default keywords and default descriptions,

so i made some changes in the admin, i.e i took out the default values, but this now gave me a new problem i go no keywords or discriptions at all,

even when i put the values back in fromthe admin, it still fails to show the default values, it just shows the url and path of the page in the browser title area..

please help.

thanks

saj

You mentioned that it should display what was on the page. I may not be understanding what you mean but tha tis not how header Tags works. To you have text in the index section of admin->Header Tags->Text Controll? If so, is that text being displayed?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You mentioned that it should display what was on the page. I may not be understanding what you mean but tha tis not how header Tags works. To you have text in the index section of admin->Header Tags->Text Controll? If so, is that text being displayed?

Jack

This was showing, until i changed the text for the title, description and the keywords, i changed it because it was showing the same on all the pages, so when ever a product was selected it would show the same header tags details and was not changing for diffrent pages as to the products,,anyway that did not work so when i put it back to its original state it fails to show any thing now i just get the page url in the title area of the browser, but i looked at the source of the page an noticed that the header tags are all empty with nothing in them, this is what the headers of all the pages look like

<title></title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="">

what ever i select even the index page is the same. even after putting some info in the header tags admin area.

Thanks

saj

Thanks

Then it doesn't sound like it was ever installed correctly. When it is first installed, the page titles are different. Not right, but different. Since yours were the same after installation, there was a mistake somewhere.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Then it doesn't sound like it was ever installed correctly. When it is first installed, the page titles are different. Not right, but different. Since yours were the same after installation, there was a mistake somewhere.

Jack

where can i start to trace the problem..?

thanks

saj

If it were me, I would restore my files and start over. It sounds like you have done a lot of changing around so that may have made the problem worse. It is usually not worth trying fix such a problem since, if you miss something, it could come back to haunt you later on. Better to start clean and test it as the instructions say after each section.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons