• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking for a certain module - search by application

KenBMD

Not sure if I posted this in the right place but...

I have a car parts site and would like to be able to search not only by manufacturer but also by application. Meaning, attach a year or model of car to a project and then search for all parts for that model. I was ready to start writing it and stumbled on this site:

http://www.propowerparts.com

As you see on the left side you can search by application. I figured this was an already released add on. So before starting to write it myself, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find it. I tried search but can't find it.

thanks,

Ken

Not sure if I posted this in the right place but...

I have a car parts site and would like to be able to search not only by manufacturer but also by application. Meaning, attach a year or model of car to a project and then search for all parts for that model. I was ready to start writing it and stumbled on this site:

http://www.propowerparts.com

As you see on the left side you can search by application. I figured this was an already released add on. So before starting to write it myself, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find it. I tried search but can't find it.

thanks,

Ken

I just answered an identical question yesterday. There is no contribution for this. You will most likely have to write your own. Those of use in the same business have posted several times different approaches on how to get this done. Just search the forums and you can see several threads over the past couple of years discussing this.

Thanks for the reply. What were you calling it? I wasn't sure what to search for.

Ken

call what? the thread? I don't remember....there are several of them and they are not my threads....I simply posted replies to threads of people asking how to do it.... some of them as far back as 2 yrs ago....its not a simple task. will require modifications to the front-end and the backend as well as modifying the database....

Edited by carrerarod