• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

phpbb 2.015

olsonsp4c

Hello,

when I go to the admin part of phpbb, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/p4x/www/p4xworship/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/p4x/www/p4xworship/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

any thoughts?

thanks!

Scott

Hello,

when I go to the admin part of phpbb, I get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/p4x/www/p4xworship/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/p4x/www/p4xworship/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

any thoughts?

thanks!

Scott

Open the admin file for phpbb that you are trying to view and see if there are any blank lines at the top or bottom and if so delete the blank lines

HTH

Regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Thanks Mark,

I tried this and there were no blank lines - still get the same error. I can't figure it out. It's saying that it's recalling the same line 2x...

Scott

You have a file that isn't a language file in your languages directory - check the language file for the page you are trying to view :D

Matti

Thanks Matti,

I looked in catalog/admin/includes/languages + same/english + in the phpbb2 installation zip

there were no files for php to be copied into those directories in the admin side of phpbb. the file it's trying to load for the phpbb is bb_default.php; however, this file is in admin/

The bb_default file is in frames on the page. Left frame is a menu, right frame is the selected menu options.

the right frame shows.

the left frame shows the error.

any thoughts?

thanks!

Scott

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Matti,

I looked in catalog/admin/includes/languages + same/english + in the phpbb2 installation zip

there were no files for php to be copied into those directories in the admin side of phpbb. the file it's trying to load for the phpbb is bb_default.php; however, this file is in admin/

The bb_default file is in frames on the page. Left frame is a menu, right frame is the selected menu options.

the right frame shows.

the left frame shows the error.

any thoughts?

thanks!

Scott

Hi,

I have a same problem. Did you figure it out yet?

Hi,

I have a same problem. Did you figure it out yet?

Not yet, I've contacted a number of people about it and have not figured it out. I do know that bbdefault is calling applicationtop twice, but if I comment out the include(...$file) line, I get a different error about ksort() which no one seems to be able to fix. Also, I've tried going to applicationtop and changing all require to require_once and it "works" without error but then pulls the wrong page in the left frame - the index.php admin page for oscommerce ends up in the frame rather than the phpbb nav menu. if you figure it out, lots of people would be very happy! thanks! a confuser for me is that it actually used to work and then quit working for no reason!

Scott

Not yet, I've contacted a number of people about it and have not figured it out. I do know that bbdefault is calling applicationtop twice, but if I comment out the include(...$file) line, I get a different error about ksort() which no one seems to be able to fix. Also, I've tried going to applicationtop and changing all require to require_once and it "works" without error but then pulls the wrong page in the left frame - the index.php admin page for oscommerce ends up in the frame rather than the phpbb nav menu. if you figure it out, lots of people would be very happy! thanks! a confuser for me is that it actually used to work and then quit working for no reason!

Scott

There was one wise man who figure it out. The credit goes to yesudo :D

change catalog/admin/bb_default.php

line:

while( $file = @readdir($dir) )
{
if( preg_match("/^admin_.*?\." . $phpEx . "$/", $file) )
{

include($file);

}
}

Add any additional files you have in the admin directory, that start with the word admin, and that are not related to the forum.

in my case to:

while( $file = @readdir($dir) )
{
	if( preg_match("/^admin_.*?\." . $phpEx . "$/", $file) )
	{
	  if (($file != 'admin_notes.php') && ($file != 'admin_account.php') && ($file != 'admin_files.php') && ($file != 'admin_members.php') && ($file != 'admin_notes_help.php'))
	  {
		include($file);
		}
	  }
	}