• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Valid credit cards are getting errored out - "try again"

bob251

I am stumped, and my customers are frustrated. When anyone tries to put through a credit card order on my site, they get "There was a problem processing your credit card order - please try again." This happens with valid Visa cards, even the ones that the Authorize.net support guys tried to use.

Is there something I'm supposed to change in the code to get this to work? Help! Or where should I look to start debugging this?

PayPal works just fine on the site - it's the credit card stuff that bombs out.

Thanks,

Bob

I am stumped, and my customers are frustrated. When anyone tries to put through a credit card order on my site, they get "There was a problem processing your credit card order - please try again." This happens with valid Visa cards, even the ones that the Authorize.net support guys tried to use.

Is there something I'm supposed to change in the code to get this to work? Help! Or where should I look to start debugging this?

PayPal works just fine on the site - it's the credit card stuff that bombs out.

Thanks,

Bob

Double check to make sure that in your settings on your authorize.net that Test Mode is off.

The other question I forgot to ask is are you using AIM or SIM?

(aka do you have a certificate (AIM) or no you do not (SIM) .) If you are using AIM have you installed the Authorizenet Consolidated v1.7b.zip Contribution?

Edited by g33kg1rl

The other question I forgot to ask is are you using AIM or SIM?

(aka do you have a certificate (AIM) or no you do not (SIM) .) If you are using AIM have you installed the Authorizenet Consolidated v1.7b.zip Contribution?

Here's the solution in my case -- and it took a lot of support calls before finding a common-sense answer ...

What happened was that a while back my hosting provider had an outage, so they had to reboot their server. Well, they didn't bother to set the server time correctly (and they didn't bother to tell me it was off by 40 minutes). If an Authorize.net transaction doesn't make it thru in a span of about 15 minutes, it's rejected ... and since my time was off by 40 or so minutes, Auth.net was kicking all transactions out. Once I discovered this, I politely yelled at my hosting provider, they reset the time, and Auth.net took transactions just fine.

Moral of the story ... always check your server time.

Wow, yikes Bob. Glad you got it figured out.

It makes alot of sense though.

Here's the solution in my case -- and it took a lot of support calls before finding a common-sense answer ...

What happened was that a while back my hosting provider had an outage, so they had to reboot their server. Well, they didn't bother to set the server time correctly (and they didn't bother to tell me it was off by 40 minutes). If an Authorize.net transaction doesn't make it thru in a span of about 15 minutes, it's rejected ... and since my time was off by 40 or so minutes, Auth.net was kicking all transactions out. Once I discovered this, I politely yelled at my hosting provider, they reset the time, and Auth.net took transactions just fine.

Moral of the story ... always check your server time.

• 4 weeks later...

well all of suddenly i'm getting the following:

There was an error processing your credit card (30): The configuration with processor is invalid. Call Merchant Service Provider.

Is this a problem with my card processor?

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275