• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type 1.7 problems.

-Spazmatic-

I can't get the text that a customer can type in to come up in the cart (once they hit add to cart) or anywhere beyond that. The invoice says nothing, so I can't see what the customers typed...making the box useless.

All other options show up on the invoice and in the cart.

What's up?

I can't get the text that a customer can type in to come up in the cart (once they hit add to cart) or anywhere beyond that. The invoice says nothing, so I can't see what the customers typed...making the box useless.

All other options show up on the invoice and in the cart.

What's up?

i'm having this problem SOME times, but not every time. it's really weird, i'll get an order and every text field is on the email confirmation and invoice but then i'll get an order and all the text is missing.

hopefully someone can chime in on this with some help.

Edited by fribhey

I found this:

<input type="hidden" name="id[1{4}2{3}5{txt_7}Text Area test{txt_1}Textbox test][4]" value="2"><input type="hidden" name="id[1{4}2{3}5{txt_7}Text Area test{txt_1}Textbox test][3]" value="5"><input type="hidden" name="id[1{4}2{3}5{txt_7}Text Area test{txt_1}Textbox test][txt_txt_txt_7]"><input type="hidden" name="id[1{4}2{3}5{txt_7}Text Area test{txt_1}Textbox test][txt_txt_txt_1]"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" class="productListing">

That is in the Cart's page source...what's up with that? It's acting really weird.

Here's the code for the order page (where they put the text)

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>
		  <td class="main" colspan="2">Available Options:</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
		  <td class="main">Hopelist:</td>
		  <td class="main"><select name="id[4]"><option value="3">list2</option><option value="2">list1</option></select></td>
		</tr>

<tr>
		  <td class="main">Radiobutton:</td>
		  <td class="main"><table><tr><td class="main"><input type="radio" name="id[3]" value="4" CHECKED>Radio1</tr></td><tr><td class="main"><input type="radio" name="id[3]" value="5">Radio2</tr></td></table></td>
		</tr>
<!-- DDB - 041031 - Form Field Progress Bar //-->
		<tr>
		  <td class="main">Text Area<br>()</td>

<td class="main"><textarea onKeyDown="textCounter(this,'progressbar7',100)" 
							   onKeyUp="textCounter(this,'progressbar7',100)" 
							   onFocus="textCounter(this,'progressbar7',100)" 
							   wrap="soft" 
							   name="id[txt_7]" 
							   rows=5 
							   id="id[txt_7]" 
							   value=""></textarea>
					<div id="progressbar7" class="progress"></div>
					<script>textCounter(document.getElementById("id[txt_7]"),"progressbar7",100)</script></td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
		  <td class="main">Text To Be Engraved::</td>
		  <td class="main"><input type="text" name ="id[txt_1]" size="30" maxlength="30" value="">  (Limit 30 chars per line)</td>

The contribution works fine so most likely there has been a mistake in the installation. When you add a product to the cart, does the attribute show up then? I would try replacing files with the ones in the contribution to find the problem. I suggest replacing the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php file first.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The contribution works fine so most likely there has been a mistake in the installation. When you add a product to the cart, does the attribute show up then? I would try replacing files with the ones in the contribution to find the problem. I suggest replacing the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php file first.

Jack

Are you using OT? Are you running 2.2 MS2? If so, how did you install these files? Did you replace the originals or did you quote "merge" the files?

I'm confused on how to do this. The first time I tried this I just replaced the originals with the updated ones that came in the package (the way I installed that is giving me my problem.). A few hours ago I tried to "merge" the files by replacing parts of the originals with parts of the updated ones. I knew I wasn't doing it right (I was going about it blindly, I know nothing of PHP) and of course that didn't work. It gave me error after error so I just reverted back to the original state (Without OT) and that's where I stand now. I have no options and I'm ready for another shot at this.

If someone would be so kind....could someone merge the files for me? I beg you guys, I really REALLY need this done, our new machine comes in tuesday and I need this site up by then!!!

Are you using OT? Are you running 2.2 MS2? If so, how did you install these files? Did you replace the originals or did you quote "merge" the files?
I don't use the package personally but have installed it into a number olf shops. All were 2.2 MS2. I installed it by merging the files. Copying the files will usually only work if you have a new, unchaged shop.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The easiest way to merge the two files is with a program designed for that. There is a free one named WinMerge.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've tried to use that one and it doesn't do anything but highlight the changes in each file.

I don't understand how those programs work...I mean if it points out what's different in each file, and corrects them, wouldn't it be the same as replacing the file with the new one? If they're exactly the same...

Know what I mean?

I just wish these files would be compatible with 2.2 MS2..........

The program shows the differences and then has an option to merge that part of the file. If you replace teh whole file, you may lose code specific to your site.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well I have a pretty clean install of 2.2 MS2 but the contribution says if I don't have a clean install of MS1 then I should merge them, not replace.

What my thing is It (seemingly) worked untill the product hit the cart. Once it went into the cart, the information was lost. I tried to do as best as I could to check the paths and all that but there's nothing wrong (from what my php-newb eyes could tell).

I guess I'll try to reinstall it one more time and see what happens, this is not looking good though, because our business is pretty much riding on this contribution.

If the files that are in the contribution has not been changed in your shop, then you can just copy those files. If they have been changed in your shop, then you need to compare them. Be sure to follow the instructions about the entries in the configure file since that can prevent it from working.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, I copied all the files to my FTP, still no luck, so I downloaded it again and reinstalled and it worked. I guess I just had a corrupted download? I'm not sure, but It's working now. Thanks for all the help Jack, I am starting to learn a little more every day with PHP.

That's great. It does take a while to get a feel for the process but it does get easier. Pat yourself on he back for not giving up. :)

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I honestly was about to just put a note in each item's description telling them to put what they wanted to engrave in the Optional text at the end of the order :(

Then I thought I may as well do it RIGHT, thanks alot for helping me Jack it really helped me get through this.