• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

YIPPIE!!!!!

It's Finished, Well as finished as it gets for know.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND HELP FROM THE OSCOMMERCE COMMUNITY.

If anybody wants any help in return then just let me know.

If you all want to see it, then go to My Webpage

THANKS AGAIN PEEPS!!!!!!

- You have an image that is breaking your SSL. In that when I select "YES" to the unsecure message it leaves the connection wide open.

- 'Warrenty Information", incorrect spelling.

- You also need a thumbnail contrib...

- "Sense Business Solutions cannot be held responsible for any typographical, syntaxical, orthographic or any publishing errors" Then who would be held responsible if a laptop was say marked for ?106.00 rather than ?1,060.00 and I bought it. If your not responsible for the mistake then you wouldn't mind giving it to me at that price right? I think you might be better off stating somethig to the fact that mistakes happen and you have the right to correct it.

Good luck!

Thanks for checking my site out. Apart from those things what did you think?

1. I understand what you?re saying. But how did you know that? But, most importantly which image is it?

2. Thumbnail contribution? Elaborate

3. I also understand what you are saying here... In Theory, A product bought for such a drastic price change would be suspicious to the purchasing party. What I am doing here is to inform any person purchasing that if there is a price different then it could be a typographic error.

What do you recommend I replace this with??

1. I can't put my finger on what is the causing the problem, but you can view it here using IE.

https://www.sense-pcs.co.uk/create_account.php

2. A thumbnail contrib will help in resizing your images so that they look clearer and are smaller in size than the full size image, a must have...

3. As I mentioned earlier, you might be better off stating that you have the right to make changes due to typographical errors. Rather than saying your not responsible for them, if that makes sense... The last thing you want to do is give your customers the impression that they are not always right. :-"

It's Finished, Well as finished as it gets for know.

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT AND HELP FROM THE OSCOMMERCE COMMUNITY.

If anybody wants any help in return then just let me know.

If you all want to see it, then go to My Webpage

THANKS AGAIN PEEPS!!!!!!

nobody cares about the number of requests, put your number of sales there instead.

Treasurer MFC

nobody cares about the number of requests, put your number of sales there instead.

How do you do that??

Does anybody know for a good thumbnail contribution??

I have search through the contributions section, but i would rather now which is good instead of trial and error.

Any recommendations would be grate

Donny

Can somebody please register and purchase a item using cash on delivery.

Just to explain, THIS IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY.

Cheers

Donny

I'm guessing that your mixed content error is being caused by your Flash header. Usually a Flash compilation will include two http links to Macromedia and these need to be changed to https. I can't see any other images that would be causing the problem.

As for the site - nice boxes, nice header (as far as it goes), but way too deep. Also the flash graphic in the header is a fixed width and so on my screen it's all over to the left of the screen with lots of blank white space on the right of the screen. Look below my name for the Fixed Width Site With CSS link which will allow you to fix the width of your site and centre it on the screen - and this will get around the problem with the width of your flash graphic.

It's a decent start - but you've got lots of work to do yet.

Vger

Feddback (forget the good bits - they are good but I praise isn't going to earn you sales..!)

As your pricing is in pounds, I would strongly suggest that you look into the UK settings contributions. Read the support thread carefully and you can step through an installed site, changing the date format and customer account details to UK. Much nicer for local customers! :thumbsup:

I'd remove a swathe of code from the footer to get rid of the banner and counters. There are threads on it - open /includes/footer.php and tirm away, then comment out the banner code in /includes/application_top.php.

The font in your basket is out of step with the clean look on the rest of the site. Sans-serif font, maybe?

Personally, I hate all the little stock cliparts in the top right of the osComm page. I'd loose them - or redesign to fit the slick curves of everything else.

The links to TOP and CATALOG (Catalogue?) in the header are the same. Can you drop one?

Keep at it! :D

Vger

About the Flash, you were right, nice one. So the SSL problem has been solved.

I guess you dony like the colour then?? i though that it was eye catchy.

I will check out the fixed width link you mentioned.

Cheers

Darkside

I have searched through the contributions list and i cannot find on called "UK Settings". Do you know the exact name??

Are you refering to the text that is in the basket in the header....?

I was thinking about placing text in stead of the pictures??

With reference to the breadcrum. Yes i agree, I want to remove the word CATALOG, can you point me into the right direction.

Cheers

I have searched through the contributions list and i cannot find on called "UK Settings". Do you know the exact name??

Support thead:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130454&hl=

Read carefully and backup. I found it straight forward to add to a live store but take no risks!

Are you refering to the text that is in the basket in the header....?

I was thinking about placing text in stead of the pictures??

Text is fine - I just think the font you have looks wrong. A smaller, neater font will match your overall theme better.

With reference to the breadcrum. Yes i agree, I want to remove the word CATALOG, can you point me into the right direction.

Nope - my shop is part of a larger site so I need the 'home' link. I am sure a patient forum seach may help though - just takes a while!

Also consider:

STS template

Fast Easy Checkout

darkside

Your site looks good, how did you customize it with your own graphics? Also, I've been trying for weeks to get this download to work! I've done almost everything I know to do, but no matter what I do, the link to the product does not show up.

Perhaps you can help someone in DESPERATE need?!

Darkside

Would'nt it be easier just to change the date setup, and address labels to sound UK'ish and then add a UK counties contributiob. Instead of re-installing oscommerce????

What else is there that the UK version changes??

Donny

UPDATE

Finished including the following updates.

1. Converterd all settings to UK settings.

2. Centered the screen and changed the size for people who's view size is 800x600.

3. Correct Warrenty to Warranty

4. Removed images for My Account, Cart Contents, and Checkout. Replaced them with text. Looks better!

Thanks for the constructive critiscm

Donny

UPDATE

Displayed information pertaining to the SSL.

Logo is know on every page where customer intervention is needed (only on secure pages)

Donny

Looking much better!

Finished including the following updates.

1. Converterd all settings to UK settings.

However, postcode still comes before city. I think you missed a step on the create_account.php file...

I'd still loose all the 'crap' at the bottom about dates, page views and the osComm banner! ;)

There are still 5 types of font on the front page. Have a play with your stylesheet and try to get them at least in the same typeface as each other for a consistant feel!

And you really need to install a thumbnail contribution as your images are still way to heavy

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

darkside

Postcode Error has been rectified.

ozcsys

I have installed a thumbnail contribution, but i cannot see the difference......

What am i looking for.

I installed image magic 1.13

I second what everyone says, looks great with the exception of the header dominating your content. That would be okay if it served a purpose other than looking pretty. However, below the header, looking good!

Looks pretty nice... BTW where did you get the contrib to do the animated catalog menu and stuff, I really like that and think it would look nice adapted to my site.

Looks pretty nice... BTW where did you get the contrib to do the animated catalog menu and stuff, I really like that and think it would look nice adapted to my site.

I used a program called Opencube Nav Studio. Then incorporated the new DHTML Menu into my site. Do the same for you? let me have your web address and i will have a look.

I done one for marine-power.co.uk as well.

Donny

UPDATE

Editted footer to display copyright only.

Removed Image Magic and replaced it with OnTheFly GDThumbs 1.5.1

Looks better with the OnTheFly contribution.

I am going to leave the header as it is. I feel that this section is good for introducing Sense Business Solutions.

Donny

ADVICE PLEASE

As you can see in the Custom Laptops, Product page. There is a lot of information on the page.

There are two styles which i have done at the moment.

Look at N990 and look at all the others. Any information back would be nice.

Also i was looking at using Javascript to enter a tab folder style picture where there is a scroller and a tab for different pieces of information. Specifications, Features, etc......

What do you all think??

Archived