• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS charges too much?

janetgot

I'm trying to test my site, and the standard UPS shipping module is configured, but for small weight products, the price seems too high. I have set my tare weight to .5 lbs and set my product weight to 0, but the shipping price still comes out at $8.50... any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any tips.

Janet

I'm trying to test my site, and the standard UPS shipping module is configured, but for small weight products, the price seems too high. I have set my tare weight to .5 lbs and set my product weight to 0, but the shipping price still comes out at $8.50... any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any tips.

Janet

Check the tare weight in your configuration.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

I have experienced a similar problem.

The charges calculated on the product page seem wrong! Perhaps they're correct at checkout. I'm going to have to re-try.

Caveat: I am not an experienced OSCommerce user. I am working on a trial account at chainreactionweb.

I used the UPS module and I've configured it with a handling charge of 5

For example from USA 48104 to USA 48104 Next day, site calculates 28.63, UPS calculates 21.38

From USA 48104 to Australia 48104, site calculates Xpress 80.09, xpedited 79.25 UPS quotes 67.50 and 66.94 respectively.

Both are using package type (our packaging) Weight shows as 1.1 lbs, address type is residential.

• 2 weeks later...
I tried again and it is still calculated wrong at checkout. Does anybody know if this is a bug (an awfully big one if it is) or what I might be doing wrong?

UPS has several rates depending on who you are. Be sure you have it set up right and then test the rate against a manual lookup on the UPS website.

Some of us have to pay a pickup fee and we enter this in setup. It gets added to the fees. If you have a daily pickup account your rates will be less so you have to set the module for daily pickup.

I have also seen charges that are way to high, although I haven't tested it to determine exact amounts. But all shipping charges come out several dollars too high and customers are complaining. Is there a way to automatically deduct the (12.5% or whatever it is) overage from the shipping total?

My wish is for a new UPS shipping module from Santa so I can have a merry... sorry, happy holiday. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
I have also seen charges that are way to high, although I haven't tested it to determine exact amounts. But all shipping charges come out several dollars too high and customers are complaining. Is there a way to automatically deduct the (12.5% or whatever it is) overage from the shipping total?

My wish is for a new UPS shipping module from Santa so I can have a merry... sorry, happy holiday. ;-)

I am experiencing the same problem, the module is a few dollars off. I dont really see a pattern in the pricing difference. Its weird because its not that far off, but its wrong. I know that the last UPS module update is UPS Choice 1.8 from August 2003, can this have anything to do with it? does anyone have a corrected version of the module? Please I need someones help! What does everyone else do!?