• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

I'm sure many are using More Pics 6 with STS. just nobody that has, and activated the Product Info module is watching the thread.

The reason $content worked for acharme is because acharme has not activated the Product Info module in STS 4.2. You have and therefore need to do additional work. I have uploaded a package with untested integration instructions. Give it a try and report back please.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Benn using this contribution for a while now thanks its a real addition to oscom

If I have larger images than the popup size, can a scroll bar be implemented-activated for the popup window.

and which lines define the actual width and height in popup_image.php

Thanks again.

Gerard

This defines the popup size. It attempts to determine the size of the image with javascript as the original popup code does and add extra pixels for the frame, status bar, etc. Increase the +30 and +115 as needed to fit with different browsers.

if (document.images[0]) window.resizeTo(document.images[0].width +30, document.images[0].height+115-i);

If you want scroll bars you need to modify the javascript that actually does the popping in the product_info.php page.

<?php // BOF: More Pics 6 ?>

if (document.layers) i=40;

if (document.images[0]) window.resizeTo(document.images[0].width +30, document.images[0].height+115-i,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes );

<?php // EOF: More Pics 6 ?>

self.focus();

}

//--></script>

Have tried adding the scrollbars as above but I must have got it wrong??

Thanks

Gerard

I guess by now, I will have too figure it out which will do me no harm,

but thanks for the contrib, it works well and is a definate plus to os commerce.

line 34 in product_info

<script language="javascript"><!--

function popupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re

sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l

eft=150')

}

//--></script>

thanks again for the pointers

G

Hi.

I have a strange problem that I could not find an answer for in this thread.

I use More Pics to display 6 pics beside the main pic.

When I resize the browser window small enough they start to overlap.

I expect this is somehow because they are both outputted using Javascript, but I could be wrong.

My code is heavily modified and it may be something else that interferes with this.

Here is a picture of the problem, I hope someone can help me solve this.

http://idisk.mac.com/andreast-Public/ontop.jpg

I've seen that before, but the person that had the problem didn't let us know what he did to solve it. Have you looked at the more pics settings in your admin configuration? there are options to change how the pics are displayed. this is most likely a combination of table alignments and/or float parameters and the browser you are using. is it the same in both IE and FireFox?

The more pics table in that configuration is aligned left, but should not normally overlap anything since the table is not using any layer styles. and of course the more pics are in a table so there will always be a point which the table will not shrink any further.

I did not include an option to not align the table. But you can try this:

find in product_info.php

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) { $mopics_output .= '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6" align="'.MOPICS_TABLE_ALIGNMENT.'">'."\n"; }

and change to this:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) { $mopics_output .= '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="6">'."\n"; }

that will remove the table alignment.

is this way of displaying extra images without the image popup.. can it be done.. can anyway please help me..

I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for. You want to be able to click on the More Pics images and have the larger image appear where the standard osCommerce product picture is?

If this is what you are looking for, you might find some helpful code in the one contribution to this contribution that I didn't use in the latest versions. "New, small Update! Tsimi 27 Jun 2005" on the downloads page looks like it had code to do something similar, but on the popup. It may have an example of what you are looking for.

I've seen that before...

Thanks for the swift reply, surfalot.

I tried various alignment settings and also your suggestion to remove the alignment without it resolving the issue.

The problem seem to be independent of browsers, I have tried Firefox, Safari and IE.

I am sending you a PM with the URL as well as my product_info.php file if you feel inclined to further look into it.

Cheers,

Andreas

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with table alignments. We can't put tables side-by-side without setting an alignment or enclosing them in another table. Personally, I don't think the browsers are interpreting table alignments correctly when it comes to having more then one table, but there is nothing we can do about it.

The original code for the default osC product image also has a table align=right in it. of course without it, the product description won't wrap around the table that contains the product image. If we remove that table, then we can't have the "click to enlarge" text under the image. But that might be a solution if that quote is not important to you. then simply align the image right and the more pics table left.

Aside from that, the only solution I can think of is to add a table with 2 cells. One cell for the more pics table and one for the original osC image. But that would mess up the other products in your shop. Maybe condition including that table to whether you have more pics for the product that is currently being displayed.

anyway, I think the only real solution to that layout is wrapping the two items in another table, but only when more pics are present.

This problem is why I added the "group more pics images with default image" option.

Edited by surfalot

I have more pics running fine but wanted to know if anyone else is running QTPro 4.25 also with more pics?

I am tying to get it installed with no luck. :(

I can't see where the problem is... there shouldn't be a conflict between these two contributions.

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hello!

I wanted to announce a contribution I posted recently. I designed it specifically to work with this contribution.

Take a look:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4577

And try out the demo at:

http://unixdev.canzowebs.com/product_info.php?products_id=28

By default, it will display all your pictures in a column on the right, and will only display a picture if the database field is not null.

Regards,

Mark

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with table alignments...

I discovered that if I had more text in the description so that the morepics got pushed downwards, the problem disappeared. This works for me, I just have to come up with longer descriptions.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers,

Andreas

Just installed this contrib this morning, it was exactly what my client wanted and it was a nice easy install! Thank you.

I found this in a previous post to change the arrows to text, which I have done but it is not exactly what I need.

change:

CODEecho '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='.$back).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'left.gif', 'previous', '', '', 'border="0"') . '</a> ';

to

CODEecho '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='.$back).'">previous</a> ';

and this

CODEecho '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='. $next).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'right.gif', 'next', '', '', 'border="0"') . '</a>';

to

CODEecho '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='. $next).'">next</a>';

I have three pics, the main pic that shows on the product listing and is the first one to open in the pop up, then I have two more.

Instead of having next, previous, I would like the text to read at the bottom of the first pic, view back (meaning next picture showing back of clothing) and then another link saying close up( meaning to see thrid pic with a close up of the cloth.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wendy