The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help. I am new in PHP. :sweating:

I was install More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2 but I want to have more 6 pics. I want my pics to be 15. Can you help me?

Please

Thanking you in advance

That would be a major overhaul of the code to do this. The original contrib was not written efficiently.

Hi everyone,

could someone please help me with making Mopics and STS 4.x work together?

I have no clue where to start from... :(

thank you

Stefano

Sorry, I'm not familiar with STS 4.1. So I don't know where to start to help.

Hello there!

I have had more pics 6 installed in my oscommerce store for about 7 months or so now, since earlier this year. No problems, etc. It works great!

but, have a parsing error now, with more pics, since I installed the Header Tags contribution this morning, and I can not get in to my Categories from my Admin panel. Everything else seems to be fine.

Here is my parsing error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /mnt/w0605/d31/s01/b0267acb/www/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 463

here is the code just before and after line 463:

// BOF: More Pics 6  Added: , products_subimage1, products_subimage2, products_subimage3,
products_subimage4, products_subimage5, products_subimage6
		$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model,
products_image, products_subimage1, products_subimage2, products_subimage3,

line 463 is this:

then, when I went to investigate this, and re-uploaded the file, I got the same error on line 74... again, in more pics 6 snippet of code.

Now when I adjusted the code for Header Tags, I had to copy and paste around More Pics 6. Is there something that I copied over inadvertantly? Anything that JUMPS out at you?

What you are showing as the error should be all on one line. looks like you may have edited the code with something that does not honor line breaks correctly.

// BOF: More Pics 6  Added: , products_subimage1, products_subimage2, products_subimage3,

should all be on one line, since it is a comment only.

Edited by surfalot

Hi,

I have Image magic 1.5 and More_Pics_6 installed. there is one problem, I will be very greatful if someone can help me!

when I am in a product_info page, and the same product is in the specials box. The size of the Product image in the specials box is wrong. It should be the SMALL_IMAGE size, but instead, it's now shown as PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE size!

the problem accur only if I am in the product info page and same product is in the specials box!!

look at the example page you sent me in PM. The product text has part of my install instructions

Add the following Code in to your stylesheet.css file: Adjust the size and color in the catalog/popup_image.php File to match the popup window of your online store. You can find the color to change by searching for #666666 in catalog/popup_image.php. that line has the tag you can modify the size

Fix this and let me know, it might be related to your problem. I don't see any variables that could cause the problem. Your specials box is /catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php

surfalot: I am aware of that. I just copied some text of yours and pasted in as product info to see how the page would look like with some text. Just took your text cause I had it open at the time.

Is your /catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php file unaltered? If so, I'm betting it's something to do with ImageMagic you have installed.

surfalot,

I read through the forum but couldn't find the post you were referring to.

I'd appreciate if you could point it out.

I think your contrib is excellent, but I need to make it work both with EP and STS to make everything perfect.

Thanks for your help

ciao

Stefano

please look through this thread, I beleive there was another person that posted what they worked out for STS4

Hi, I know almost nothing about codes. Anyway my problem is that I cant figure out how to add pictures with this contribution. I have read the documentation and pretty much of the forum. Please help me, is there some piece of code missing or what?

Edited by akachan

After installing all the admin code, you should have 6 more image upload fields on the product description. Lines 703-756 of /catalog/admin/categories.php is the block of code that offers the input fields.

After installing all the admin code, you should have 6 more image upload fields on the product description. Lines 703-756 of /catalog/admin/categories.php is the block of code that offers the input fields.

Thank you for your reply. I found the problem now.

First I checked that the above lines where correct, and they where. So I had to find out what else could be wrong, so I tried a couple of different things, in the end I found out that I also had installed EXTRA IMAGES. I havnt used the shop for a while so I had forgotten about it.

More pics seems far better than extra images =)

I am having problems, I think that I did everything I could to figure it out, but... here's what I did and the errors:

backed up files and database,

installed files fine,

error after running database additions through PHPadmin:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_subimage1` VARCHAR( 64 ) AFTER `products_image` ;

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_subimage1'

and the following error in admin categories/products:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_subimage1' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_subimage1, p.products_subimage2, p.products_subimage3, p.products_subimage4, p.products_subimage5, p.products_subimage6, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, products_description pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

[TEP STOP]

So I ran the code from post #273 to remove more pics from db. I get the same error in admin categories/products as before and so (what the heck) I ran the additions query again.

error in database after running the database additions query again:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES ( 6124, 'More Pics', 'Configuration Options for More Pics', 20, 1 ) ;

#1062 - Duplicate entry '6124' for key 1

error in admin cat/prod is still the same.

after restoring db from a backup, the error in admin cat/prod is still the same. I don't know how to check the db or what I would be checking for. (I know *nothing* about SQL and very little PHP)

I am lost and the birds ate all of my breadcrumbs so I can't find my way home :(

I have researched the other image contribs, and this is the one that I want (along with image magic if and when), so I am willing to go the distance in getting it installed and working. I just don't know where to go from here.

I also have Sts.4, and Infobox Customize contribs installed. Famous last novice' words: 'I don't see anything that should be interfering'. (giggles and hears a pro saying 'Well, there has to be something interfering')

Much appreciation to the author of this contrib, and anyone willing to help,

anje

learn...love...laugh...live

Okay, I am at it again. I neglected to restore the catalog files yesterday, so I did that and restored the database, checked admin/everything is normal, so I ran the database additions again. I get these errors:

First error:

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` ( `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` )

VALUES ( 6124, 'More Pics', 'Configuration Options for More Pics', 20, 1 ) ;

#1062 - Duplicate entry '6124' for key 1

When I click the browse button:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

SELECT *

FROM

WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible` ) = "6124"

ORDER BY `configuration_group_id` , `configuration_group_title` , `configuration_group_description` , `sort_order` , `visible`

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE CONCAT_WS( "-", `configuration_group_id`, `configuration

Everything is normal in osc admin and on my website. No errors, no extra fields, nothing new. I will leave this as is, and go work on redesigning my buttons. At least I know how to do that.

Please give me a clue here, I would love to get this thing working.

Hi again all!

I guess this isn't exactly a jumpin' thread.

Just wanted to let anyone know that I did a complete reinstall of Oscommerce and Sts.4 with HTC, then installed Mopics, and have no problems! The only difference this time was that I used a file compare program to cut and paste.

I have not tested the Header Tags part yet, so I can't comment on how that part works.

Right now I am working on making Mopics and Image Magic share their toys without squabling.

So, the big news is Mopics and Sts 4 play well together!

Thankyou for creating this contribution, I really think it should be part of a standard Osc install.

Sincerely,

anje

There has been a request to post an 'how to' for folks on making sts plus more pics work together. Hope this helps others. So far it is basically:

If you have the More Pics option in your Osc admin, that part is installed correctly. If not, that is where the problem is and all I know is to uninstall, re-install your last backup, do a file compare on the files that will change and re-install the contrib.

If More Pics is installed correctly, then :

I just used a standard $content placeholder for the content box. This is the section from my html template:

<tr>

<td valign="top" width="150px">

<p>$categorybox#</p><br/>

<p>$tellafriendbox#</p><br/>

<p>$informationbox#</p><br/>

<p><$cartbox#</p>

</td>

<td valign="top" width="70px" img src="images/pixel_trans.gif"></td>

<td valign="top"><center>

<p><h3>Please be assured that, behind the scenes, I really am re-working the shopping cart interface.</h3></p><p><h5>Suggestions are welcome, especially if you have the solutions ;)</h5></p></center>

<br/><center>$content#</center>

</td>

site is www.gemanje.com if you want to see it in action.

To change the look of the boxes, I used the infoBox_customizing_for_os_commerce.zip contribution.

I really don't know much about html, php, sql, etc. so I am just winging my way through this. As far as I can tell, you do not need extra placeholders for the images. With everything set as $content, they just showed up after I uploaded them ;)

I now have Image Magic working, so that the pop-ups work, and that contrib gave me the ability to line the pictures/descriptions table in different ways.

If you post on the forum, and I post back, people could follow along. I will copy this to the thread,

Sincerely,

anje

I don't think it's that simple.. :(

shouldn't you have to tell STS to go and get the pics generated by mopics somewhere .

or am I really missing something??

There has been a request to post an 'how to' for folks on making sts plus more pics work together. Hope this helps others. So far it is basically:

If you have the More Pics option in your Osc admin, that part is installed correctly. If not, that is where the problem is and all I know is to uninstall, re-install your last backup, do a file compare on the files that will change and re-install the contrib.

If More Pics is installed correctly, then :

I just used a standard $content placeholder for the content box. This is the section from my html template:

<tr>

<td valign="top" width="150px">

<p>$categorybox#</p><br/>

<p>$tellafriendbox#</p><br/>

<p>$informationbox#</p><br/>

<p><$cartbox#</p>

</td>

<td valign="top" width="70px" img src="images/pixel_trans.gif"></td>

<td valign="top"><center>

<p><h3>Please be assured that, behind the scenes, I really am re-working the shopping cart interface.</h3></p><p><h5>Suggestions are welcome, especially if you have the solutions ;)</h5></p></center>

<br/><center>$content#</center>

</td>

site is www.gemanje.com if you want to see it in action.

To change the look of the boxes, I used the infoBox_customizing_for_os_commerce.zip contribution.

I really don't know much about html, php, sql, etc. so I am just winging my way through this. As far as I can tell, you do not need extra placeholders for the images. With everything set as $content, they just showed up after I uploaded them ;)

I now have Image Magic working, so that the pop-ups work, and that contrib gave me the ability to line the pictures/descriptions table in different ways.

If you post on the forum, and I post back, people could follow along. I will copy this to the thread,

Sincerely,

anje

I don't know, all I did was to get it to install without errors, uploaded a few pictures to see, and glory be! there it was in my $content box! I was falling down happy, and did not think to question who was calling what. If you have a $content placeholder, give it a try. If it doesn't put your pictures into $content, let everyone know.

anje

Hello,

I'am an italian girl and I'am a new entry on this forum.

I want to know if it is necessary make this query

DELETE FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_group_id` = 6124;

etc...

to correct operation of the latest release More_pics_6 v1.2a For osC 2.2 MS2's contribution.

Thanks

;)

As far as I know the 1.2a package does not need any fixing. If you found that "fix" in the forum, it was most likely provided for someone with a specific installation problem they had. If you are installing this for the first time, simply follow the install instructions as is.

OK, I really need this attribute deal to go with the corresponding pic in the cart, so I did a quickie:

1. Add a field, I call it "products_attributes_image," to the products_attributes table.

2. Type in the image filename and /or path after "image," for example if your image is inside image folder, then just enter the filename.jpg, or if it's under subdirectory, then enter subdirectory/filename.jpg corresponds to each options_values_id.

3. Make the following changes to catalog/shopping_cart.php

Find:

$attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, popt.products_options_track_stock, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix

Replace with:

$attributes = tep_db_query("select popt.products_options_name, popt.products_options_track_stock, poval.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, products_attributes_image

Find:

$products[$i][$option]['price_prefix'] = $attributes_values['price_prefix'];

Add right under it:

$products[$i][$option]['products_attributes_image'] = $attributes_values['products_attributes_image'];

Find:

$products_name = '<table border="0" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">' .

' <tr>' .

' <td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .

' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

Replace with:

//begins change to detect attribute array

if (isset($products[$i]['attributes']) && is_array($products[$i]['attributes'])) {

reset($products[$i]['attributes']);

while (list($option, $value) = each($products[$i]['attributes'])) {

' <tr>' .

' <td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i][$option]['products_attributes_image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .

' <td class="productListing-data" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '"><b>' . $products[$i]['name'] . '</b></a>';

} }else{

//end change to get image from normal product table

' <tr>' .

' <td class="productListing-data" align="center"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products[$i]['id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products[$i]['image'], $products[$i]['name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>' .

}

I really haven't the time or knowledge on php to do much of anything else, such as null for the new data field, "products_attributes_image." I really would appreciate if one of the contrib creator or anyone can go through it. Thanks. Please let me know.

Edited by infoseek

so, no one is using Mopics and STS 4 together??

I have modified the STS template of the product page but I have no idea how to add the extra images to that page.

SOmeone suggested to just use the $content$ placeholder, but that's strange, as the templates have a single placeholder for each block (image, description, price, options, etc).

So I have to create a $morepics$ block that shows up only if there are extra images.

any suggestions?