• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

Hello i would like to share my problem with you because i think it is important.

I took a backup of MySql Database trhrough phpMyadmin.

After i tried to restore the same database trough phpMyadmin

Then i ve noticed that i can' t see the extra images that i have in product_info.php

Does enyone else had the same problem with me in the past or it is the first time?

Could you please help me?

Why after the restore of the database i can't see the extra images in product_info.php ?

That's a good question. If you backed it up with phpMyAdmin, it should all be there. if you go to your product edit page are the images you uploaded not listed any longer? Are you sure you didn't restore an older backup?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show All MorePics on Product Info page true

Group parent image with sub-images false

Use SMALL_IMAGE_ Restrictions true

Restrict parent image size true

Table Alignment center

Table Location below

Number of Columns 3

Number of Rows 2

Some of these could be changed. I do need to restrict the size of the more pics table (ie the group of 6 pics) I would like to adjust the main product pic to be larger and not dependent on the small image restriction

Thanks,

Rod

with those settings you would want to change this:

Find in catalog/product_info.php:

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image']) && MOPICS_GROUP_WITH_PARENT == 'false') {

then find just after it:

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
<?php // EOF: More Pics 6 ?>
</noscript>

In that code you will see this:

(MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH)

and this

(MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT)

replace each of those code segments with the numerical value of the width and height you want for your original default image size. That is, if you want the width to be 300 pixels, replace "(MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH)" with 300.

you will be replacing each of those twice in that code section.

Ok someone help me out with this. I figured it has to be code in admin area since I do not see a space to upload more then the one default image for the product. Where and what code is this? What line should it be on?

Thanks much

should be the code starting on line 703 of catalog/admin/categories.php

this block of code and all More Pics code is marked with comments at the begining and end.

In admin when I click Catalog I get the following error message: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home2/notjusth/public_html/osc/admin/categories.php on line 1337." Anyone know why?

I also have the image magic contribution installed if that can help figure out the error.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

hey

I have a probleem i istall it but if I click in my template for detail i got thes error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/hossein/domains/takgraphic.com/public_html/includes/header.php:170) in /home/hossein/domains/takgraphic.com/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

please help me

In admin when I click Catalog I get the following error message: "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home2/notjusth/public_html/osc/admin/categories.php on line 1337." Anyone know why?

I also have the image magic contribution installed if that can help figure out the error.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

most likely you have an error in the installation of the contribution somewhere above that line number.

hey

I have a probleem i istall it but if I click in my template for detail i got thes error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/hossein/domains/takgraphic.com/public_html/includes/header.php:170) in /home/hossein/domains/takgraphic.com/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

please help me

tep_show_category() is in your shop code twice, or possibly the file it is in is included twice.

in the basic osC shop it is defined in:

\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php

you can add this around the function in that file and it will only allow the shop to load the function once. this will not actually fix the original problem, but merely fix the symptom.

if (!function_exists(tep_show_category)) {

function tep_show_category($counter) {
... etc
 }

}

tep_show_category() is in your shop code twice, or possibly the file it is in is included twice.

in the basic osC shop it is defined in:

\catalog\includes\boxes\categories.php

you can add this around the function in that file and it will only allow the shop to load the function once. this will not actually fix the original problem, but merely fix the symptom.

if (!function_exists(tep_show_category)) {

function tep_show_category($counter) {
... etc
 }

}

hey

Thanks

but i have new these error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/hossein/domains/takgraphic.com/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 16

can you please help me i dont understand that please help me

how can i remove these error

Sorry, you have not provided enough information for me to give you any help. that error, by itself, doesn't tell me anything more then: you have an error on that line. maybe if you posted that line an 5-10 lines above that, I could help.

more pic and www.doteasy.com server

--------------------------------

I 'm just building up three different shops with different providers.

First upload perfect !! ( apache 1.3 if I remember right )

Second upload perfect.

But third upload went wrong.

@ www.doteasy.com ( apache 2.0 ) I did the upload and

when going back in admin tools - to catalog - I have only

a white blank page.

---------------------

I tried various times to redo the installation.

Do they run a special version of

oscommerce on doteasy?

Anyone any idea ?

Thanx in advance

I've run into this from time to time. try this:

find this in your includes/application_top.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change it to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Of course, because of what this does, may also reveal other errors (maybe not).

Edited by surfalot

I've run into this from time to time. try this:

find this in your includes/application_top.php:

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change it to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Of course, because of what this does, may also reveal other errors (maybe not).

Thanx for the fast answer:

I try your way but the result was the same. Is it possible that this contribution have something that isn't compatible with doteasy domains or with a particular apache webserver or php version?

Right now it looks like this

----------------------------

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// start the timer for the page parse time log

define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL);

// check if register_globals is enabled.

// since this is a temporary measure this message is hardcoded. The requirement will be removed before 2.2 is finalized.

if (function_exists('ini_get')) {

ini_get('register_globals') or exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.');

---------------------------

does this looks correct for U ?

Further I have found following message @ doteasy:

-----------------------------------

http://www.doteasy.com/Support/Tutorials/osCommerce/

"Download our customized version of the osCommerce 2.2 script.

It has been modifed to be compatible with our servers "

Can this be my problem - that doteasy modified the standart version -

and their version is not taking 'more pics6' ?

Thanks very much for your help.

P.S. after uploading 'more pics6' also in admin -

clicking tools - we just have a page

'Internal Server Error'

which we all know and we love.

Feeling like an idiot here...

I installed MoPics and FCK on a demo site and it worked... so I installed it again on the real site...

No the editor won't load. (i've kept the normal editor aside to check whether something else is wrong)

It's just a white area.... (so it does load something otherwise the space wouldn't exist)

Any ideas?

(don't know what extra info you need in order to help, please ask)

Feeling like an idiot here...

I installed MoPics and FCK on a demo site and it worked... so I installed it again on the real site...

No the editor won't load. (i've kept the normal editor aside to check whether something else is wrong)

It's just a white area.... (so it does load something otherwise the space wouldn't exist)

Any ideas?

(don't know what extra info you need in order to help, please ask)

FIXED!! Love to ellaborate about how I did it...

but I have no idea :blush: I think something with the paths

Thanx for the fast answer:

I try your way but the result was the same. Is it possible that this contribution have something that isn't compatible with doteasy domains or with a particular apache webserver or php version?

Right now it looks like this

----------------------------

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright ? 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// start the timer for the page parse time log

define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL);

// check if register_globals is enabled.

// since this is a temporary measure this message is hardcoded. The requirement will be removed before 2.2 is finalized.

if (function_exists('ini_get')) {

ini_get('register_globals') or exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.');

---------------------------

does this looks correct for U ?

Further I have found following message @ doteasy:

http://www.doteasy.com/Support/Tutorials/osCommerce/

"Download our customized version of the osCommerce 2.2 script.

It has been modifed to be compatible with our servers "

Can this be my problem - that doteasy modified the standart version -

and their version is not taking 'more pics6' ?

Thanks very much for your help.

P.S. after uploading 'more pics6' also in admin -

clicking tools - we just have a page

'Internal Server Error'

which we all know and we love.

The first part of setting up an osCommerce site is getting a compatible host. If a host has a special version of osCommerce specifically for their hosting environment, I'd say avoid them. Yes it's possible any code can be incompatible with a large scale hosting environment. More Pics is a very simple contrib. If you have trouble with this, you will have trouble with many others also.

I installed more_pics V 1.2 and it works great -- except after installing and modifying the files as per the instructions i am getting the following error when trying to access the product attributes area in oscommerce admin screen.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: link_get_variable() in /home/www/eggmerca/catalog/admin/products_attributes.php on line 17"

this is what is on lines 15-20

// >>> BEGIN REGISTER_GLOBALS
// These variables are accessed directly rather than through $HTTP_GET_VARS or $_GET later in this script
link_get_variable('option_page');
link_get_variable('value_page');
link_get_variable('attribute_page');
// <<< END REGISTER_GLOBALS

also, on the main admin screens the headings all say "BOX_HEADING"_(+whatever the heading is)

any idea where i may have messed up?

Sounds to me like you replaced these files instead of comparing and making changes.

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

also make sure you didn't do the same this with this file:

catalog/admin/categories.php

This is just a guess since the problems you are listing are not directly related to the More Pics contrib.

I would try to restore those files and make sure you then compare them with the More Pics files for the small changes that need to be made.

Hi,

I have Image magic 1.5 and More_Pics_6 installed. there is one problem, I will be very greatful if someone can help me!

when I am in a product_info page, and the same product is in the specials box. The size of the Product image in the specials box is wrong. It should be the SMALL_IMAGE size, but instead, it's now shown as PRODUCT_INFO_IMAGE size!

the problem accur only if I am in the product info page and same product is in the specials box!!

Hello there!

I have had more pics 6 installed in my oscommerce store for about 7 months or so now, since earlier this year. No problems, etc. It works great!

but, have a parsing error now, with more pics, since I installed the Header Tags contribution this morning, and I can not get in to my Categories from my Admin panel. Everything else seems to be fine.

Here is my parsing error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /mnt/w0605/d31/s01/b0267acb/www/gallery/nfoscomm/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 463

here is the code just before and after line 463:

// BOF: More Pics 6  Added: , products_subimage1, products_subimage2, products_subimage3,
products_subimage4, products_subimage5, products_subimage6
		$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model,
products_image, products_subimage1, products_subimage2, products_subimage3,

line 463 is this:

products_subimage4, products_subimage5, products_subimage6

then, when I went to investigate this, and re-uploaded the file, I got the same error on line 74... again, in more pics 6 snippet of code.

Now when I adjusted the code for Header Tags, I had to copy and paste around More Pics 6. Is there something that I copied over inadvertantly? Anything that JUMPS out at you?