• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

That doesn't make sense to me. if you put the 390 in that place that you did, then the More Pics Admin setting is set to NOT restrict the image size. That extra stuff in your URL sould not affect the that image size code at all. You should remove that 390 and set the More Pics Admin setting to restrict the main image size. This will of course restrict the image to the size set in the "images" admin settings.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense to me. if you put the 390 in that place that you did, then the More Pics Admin setting is set to NOT restrict the image size. That extra stuff in your URL sould not affect the that image size code at all. You should remove that 390 and set the More Pics Admin setting to restrict the main image size. This will of course restrict the image to the size set in the "images" admin settings.

BUT IF I DO THAT IT WILL RESTRICT IT TO SMALL IMAGE SIZE. AND I DONT WANT IT THAT SIZE.

PS. SORRY FOR THE CAPS.

can you give me an example of the difference in the string that is being built by more pics?

this is the standard code

<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>

and code modified by morepics

<script language="javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="javascript:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'zoomimage.gif', 'Click To View Enlarged Picture') . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>
<noscript>

He he, yes I know what the code it, I wrote it. you said:

and for some reason thats causing the string in the morepics that builds the main picture to mess up and it doesnt use the image restrictions and displays full size

On my test site, it generates the same HTML string regardless of where the click comes from. If you are saying it generate something different on your site, I would like to see that.

The settings you are using SHOULD display the image in full size. There are only 2 settings, restricted to small image size or full size. So without seeing what you are seeing, I don't understand the issue.

Edited by surfalot

He he, yes I know what the code it, I wrote it. you said:

On my test site, it generates the same HTML string regardless of where the click comes from. If you are saying it generate something different on your site, I would like to see that.

The settings you are using SHOULD display the image in full size. There are only 2 settings, restricted to small image size or full size. So without seeing what you are seeing, I don't understand the issue.

yea here is thumbnail size, product info size, and full size (popup)

the thumbs are 100 and prod info is 390, and full size is the size of the image i upload. usally like 700px X700px

so it seems that its not using the product info size restriction when those variables are added to the url

im lost on how to fix it too.

so you want the More Pics unrestricted main image size to be your product image size which is 390? If that is the case, what you did is the fix. Without some kind of example of what is happening, I haven't a clue what to tell you to do.

so you want the More Pics unrestricted main image size to be your product image size which is 390? If that is the case, what you did is the fix. Without some kind of example of what is happening, I haven't a clue what to tell you to do.

yea i dont see how this is a weird issue. most people im assuming have a popup image that is larger tha thier product info image

I'd like to use this with STS 3.0 - does anyone have any pointers on a head start to get it working? I'm currently wading thru the STS thread atm as well, I've just finished reading this one and noted a few questions on STS/more pics so I realise I have my work cut out for me.

Edited by mpm

I'd like to use this with STS 3.0 - does anyone have any pointers on a head start to get it working? I'm currently wading thru the STS thread atm as well, I've just finished reading this one and noted a few questions on STS/more pics so I realise I have my work cut out for me.

I don't think there is any conflicts with STS. The last time I put the two together, it was pretty straight forward.

Hi Surfalot,

Trying to install this contri but running in to a strange problem?

When I try to enter the catlog area (catagories.php) in admin my browser goes blank :blink:

Everything else seemd to work. I can see a "new pop up page" in my Shop and I can see the More Pics link in Admin "Config" and use it.

I edit the pages with Beyond compare so dat should be OK. I even try to load the catgories page provided with the contri but with same result??? a totaly white page.

Had enyone had the same problem?

Greetings Galahad

Edited by Galahad20

I don't think there is any conflicts with STS. The last time I put the two together, it was pretty straight forward.

Ah that is good to know ;) Hopefully, I won't be back to ask about it. If I manage to do it, I'll post here what I did. If it's been previously posted then I missed it.

Another question, I have checked and rechecked the admin/categories.php with my admittedly heavily modded file but I still can't see the extra product image fields in my admin - is there any other area/file/step I may have missed or stuffed up for this to be the case? The line numbers you mentioned earlier are there line for line.

Trying to install this contri but running in to a strange problem?

When I try to enter the catlog area (catagories.php) in admin my browser goes blank :blink:

How strange, try this and let me know if you get any errors displayed. also right click that blank page and "view source", does it show an error in the source of the page either?

find in /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

// Set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Another question, I have checked and rechecked the admin/categories.php with my admittedly heavily modded file but I still can't see the extra product image fields in my admin - is there any other area/file/step I may have missed or stuffed up for this to be the case? The line numbers you mentioned earlier are there line for line.

There is not any other code in any other files that will cause that to happen.

then your placement of the lines of code must be off a little if the 6 extra image fields are showing on the product entry page. Make sure your <table><tr><td></td></tr></table> structure around that code is not messed up. This is the code around like 702 of the contribution file.

This contribution actually modifies the original image entry field, so maybe you added the new code block below the original image entry instead of relacing it, thus messing-up the original table structure.

Hi,

After I installed the More Pics Contribution i tried to access the products attributes page in the catalog submenu of the admin section and got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: link_get_variable() in /home/inc57920/public_html/store/admin/products_attributes.php on line 17

any ideas?

Thanks

cgdan

How strange, try this and let me know if you get any errors displayed. also right click that blank page and "view source", does it show an error in the source of the page either?

find in /catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

change to:

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Hi Surfalot,

Thanks for your quick response :thumbsup:

I tryed your sugestion but no change :(

The source stays blank also and shows no error report!

I tryed editing the Catgories.php line by line saving it and reload it.

This way I found out what went wrong!!!

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_SUBIMAGE3; echo ?></td>

There was a ECHO where it was not suppost to be!!! :lol:

Thanks for your great contri

Greetings Galahad

After I installed the More Pics Contribution i tried to access the products attributes page in the catalog submenu of the admin section and got the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: link_get_variable() in /home/inc57920/public_html/store/admin/products_attributes.php on line 17

Sorry, don't know. This contribution doesn't alter that file, and doesn't contain a link_get_variable() function. I couldn't guess where you went wrong there.

I tryed editing the Catgories.php line by line saving it and reload it.

This way I found out what went wrong!!!

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_SUBIMAGE3; echo ?></td>

There was a ECHO where it was not suppost to be!!! :lol:

That's the way to do it! thanks for tracking that down, that is the second one of those found since I have been maintaining it. I'll add the fix to the next version. :thumbsup:

Only seems to affect certain servers.

Edited by surfalot

That's the way to do it! thanks for tracking that down, that is the second one of those found since I have been maintaining it. I'll add the fix to the next version. :thumbsup:

Only seems to affect certain servers.

Hi Surfalot,

No thanks off cource, thank you for your great contri witch works like a charme by the way.

I am working for the time being like this:

Server IIS 5.01 on localhost, PHP Version 5.1.2, phpMyAdmin 2.7.0-pl2 and MySQL 5.0.18-nt

Maybe this will gif you more info.

Greetings

Galahad

Hi,

Problem adding code to stylesheet.

Which step did I go wrong at, please?

Find catalog/stylesheet.css on my pc (shop not running yet so same as file on server)

open in frontpage

copy and paste following

TABLE.popup {

border-width: 1px;

border-style: dotted;

border-color

}

click on save file

Runtime error: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Thanks.

are you saying frontpage is kicking back that error when saving? Sounds like the frontpage install is corrupt. the css file is really the only file in osCommerce frontpage will actually treat well, but....

you would be better off not using frontpage for osCommerce work. It can corrupt your PHP files. If you don't have a an editor that highlights PHP, use Notepad.

are you saying frontpage is kicking back that error when saving? Sounds like the frontpage install is corrupt. the css file is really the only file in osCommerce frontpage will actually treat well, but....

you would be better off not using frontpage for osCommerce work. It can corrupt your PHP files. If you don't have a an editor that highlights PHP, use Notepad.

Thanks.

If anyone does know how to have mopics and STS working together - perhaps they could release it as a contribution update. Currently none of the multiple image contributions have an STS contribution update.