• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

Hi Surfalot!

Thank you very much for your help.

Found the More Pics under Configuration thank you! - yes, I didnt know what else to call that group of options, so Admin table was what I came up with...

I like the Anywheres.. that makes things easy..

I wasnt able to get the extra images working *at all* in EP because I couldnt figure out the v_product_ stuff - I may keep trying - my goal is to have this store and page in place by New Year's.. so I have a bit of time.

Thank you for your help!!

Wish me luck!

Julia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering how this produc deals with thumbnail? Is there a possibility to make the thumbnails yourself or are they just resizes?

currently this is just a simple no-thumbnail multiple-image contrib. It works as the original osC code does with resizing images in the HTML. I am considering adding some kind of thumbnail option because of the number of questions. If you have any good ideas, let'r rip.

currently this is just a simple no-thumbnail multiple-image contrib. It works as the original osC code does with resizing images in the HTML. I am considering adding some kind of thumbnail option because of the number of questions. If you have any good ideas, let'r rip.

Well, what i am looking for is the posibility to combine a multi-photo upload with a multi-size-per-photo possibility. So for example 3 different photos for one product, and each picture in 2 sizes. As the standard "resizing" is not a real resize, and as the quality of GD-resized pictures is too low, i am looking to create my own thumbnails and upload them myself (for example in a subfolder called /thumbs).

So in short (example): with three pics per product and each pic in 2 sizes, i would upload 6 pics per product, and no resizes would have to be done in OSC.

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

Initial Image Larger---- Image Description Under Images--

Hi,

I am wondering if there is an effort or upgrade on the way that will enable the initial image to be larger lets say like 200x200 for example while the remaining 6 images are 100x100?

Also wondering if anything is in progress to have an image description under each of the added images? This would allow for a small description of the added picture. Right now it just says click to enlarge.

Initial Image Larger---- Image Description Under Images--

not by myself at the moment. I'm currently busy on finalizing a couple other contrib versions.

the single larger image would be a *relatively* easy addition.

Thumbnails (suggested earlier) and Description on the other hand are changes that should be considered carefully. Adding both of those would add another 14 fields to the product. That with the original 6 additional image fields would be asking folk to add 20 fields per product to their databases. That's a lot of database and code bloat.

This contrib was originally designed with more of a quick and dirty fix. I just cleaned, fixed and updated it a little, while preserving it's simplicity, after the original contrib didn't quite fit a client's needs.

I have been thinking about these and maybe some other additions/changes, but the code and database elements need a bit of rearrangement to be efficient. And to do all that would make it full code reinstall for current users and a conversion script to rearrange the database elements. At that point, moving it to a forked project might also be considered since the changes would make it incompatible with the current project.

So, I'm at a bit of an ethical impasse on this project right now. We *could* put more time into it down the bloat road. Or we could take a slightly new direction that would provide more flexibility and options. Done right it would be unlimited images per product.

I have an idea.

How about if you offered the contribution in two seperate ways.

1.) Exactly as it is.

2.) A version with the main image larger, image descriptions for the thumbnails.

This would enable those who just want a simple added image contrib to still have the option.

I have just tried to upload an image after installing this contribution, but i get this error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/shop/admin/includes/languages/danish.php:317) in /var/www/html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Can anyone tell me what is wrong?

Kind Regards

Casper

you have some characters outside of the start or end <?php ?> tags in your /var/www/html/shop/admin/includes/languages/danish.php file. all include files must start with <?php and end with ?> Nothing can be outside of those tags.

1.) Exactly as it is.

2.) A version with the main image larger, image descriptions for the thumbnails.

This would enable those who just want a simple added image contrib to still have the option.

This is how the contribution area works. It allows for many versions to exist at the same time. But you know as well as I that if I did add those features and upload the new version, everyone will use the new version regardless.

I understand that to folks that simply what a solution NOW, reading about my ethical dilemma isn't comforting. I do want to do more work on this contrib, but I don't think pumping up the products table with another 14 fields is the way to go. I see a better way.

It will be a little time before I can get back around to this contrib. I will fix anything broken, but adding features needs to wait bit, for me anyway. Partly because I like to see what people want before rushing in to make major changes. But mostly because I apply my time as most do, customers first, currently in-progress projects second, then any other projects rotate in as time allows. Of course I'm not the only coder here, and this is a group project....

Thanks for the feedback, I do see there are some needs and everyone is being heard.

I successfully installed the 6Images Mod. However, on mine the parent image is small just as the sub images. Is there a way to have the sub images remain small and have the parent one remain its default larger size?

as discussed earlier, not at the moment. You can uncomment or restore the original image code and it will display the original image in the original spot. But it will also appear in the More Pics list. That wasn't a consideration when I did this work.

Any idea on my previous post:

I successfully installed the 6Images Mod. However, on mine the parent image is small just as the sub images. Is

there a way to have the sub images remain small and have the parent one remain its default larger size?

sorry for the long winded response to the previous question, but if you muddle through it, you'll find that answered also. this was not designed as a parent-subimage situation. It was designed as a full multi-image system.

Edited by surfalot

sorry for the long winded response to the previous question, but if you muddle through it, you'll find that answered also. this was not designed as a parent-subimage situation. It was designed as a full multi-image system.

So is it something that you can direct me to easily add or change a file or is it a big change?

In addition to the solution I mentioned above, you can try commenting-out this line in products_info.php. that *should* prevent the default image from displaying in the More Pics group. But I haven't tried it myself. just add a double slash in front to comment it out.

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) { $mopics_images[] = $product_info['products_image']; }

I was just experimenting with this plugin on my site in a virtual environment...

unfortunatlely upon entering the product_info.php page, my image thumbnail has dissapeared completely :(

I currently have SEO urls, image magick auto thumbnails amongst millions of other contribs installed.

Any ideas where Ive gone wrong? I used WinMerge as accurately as I could to merge my files and there seemed to be no points where I thought there was a problem.

Product lists are working fine, there is a thumbnail in this part. but when you click on the product info everything is there but the picture(s)!

in admin i can upload pictures in etc all seems to be working there.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jon.

Supertent.co.uk

.... Ignore the above, I've got it working now.

Just need to get the little arrows to display, they just grey boxes at the mo?

Jon :)

Looks like image magic or something is turning 'left.gif' and 'right.gif' in popup_image.php to little grey boxes.

Not sure why?

Is there I way I can forgo the little arrows and just use plain text "left" and "right" or something instead?

I tried changing the left.gif to '' but it just made an ugly empty image box and some alt text.

ideas?

Jon.

I tried changing the left.gif to '' but it just made an ugly empty image box and some alt text.

I'm not familiar with image magic, but you can change the buttons to text at the bottom of popup_image.php.

change:

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='.$back).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'left.gif', 'previous', '', '', 'border="0"') . '</a>  ';

to

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='.$back).'">previous</a>  ';

and this

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='. $next).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'right.gif', 'next', '', '', 'border="0"') . '</a>';

to

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='. $next).'">next</a>';

so the rest of the More Pics contrib works with image magic without any mods?

In addition to the solution I mentioned above, you can try commenting-out this line in products_info.php. that *should* prevent the default image from displaying in the More Pics group. But I haven't tried it myself. just add a double slash in front to comment it out.

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_image'])) { $mopics_images[] = $product_info['products_image']; }

Surfalot,

Thanks for your assistance. I tried commenting out that field but it actually removed the parent image all together.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Is there away to get this to work with 12 pictures instead of 6? Already installed it and got it working with 6, anyone know what I have to modify to get 12 working?

You would need to modify just about every aspect of the contribution to add 6 more images. there really isn't any specific area to look at. An alternate option would be to code image links in your product description.

Wow, there sure are a lot of different needs being expressed here.

If you look back in the recent posts people have been wanting other added fields also. The way this contrib was originally coded, simply adding all these fields folks need would unnecessarily bloat the product table. I'm looking at taking a slightly different direction that should make everyone happy. Unfortunately it will be a little while before I can get to it.

Edited by surfalot

Thanks for your assistance. I tried commenting out that field but it actually removed the parent image all together.

Yup, that's what it's was supposed to do. That was in addition to what I mentioned at the bottom of post 61 above. I keep trying to get you to finish reading that post, but it's just not working. :-"

1) Restore the original image code in the original place. If you followed the example files in this package it should be as simple as uncommenting the code. Then you can modify the original code to display the original image however you wish.

2) then comment-out the code you just tried so the original image is not displayed in the more pics 6 image block.

The result should be the original image in the original place, and the 6 more pics images where ever you like them. I'm here to help support the code I wrote, but like I said already, I currently don't have the time to rewrite it for everyone's individual needs. So you need to do a little thinking for yourself on this if you want immediate results. :thumbsup:

Check back over the next couple months, I will most likely be adding some of the features that have been requested here.

I'm not familiar with image magic, but you can change the buttons to text at the bottom of popup_image.php.

change:

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='.$back).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'left.gif', 'previous', '', '', 'border="0"') . '</a>  ';

to

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='.$back).'">previous</a>  ';

and this

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='. $next).'">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'right.gif', 'next', '', '', 'border="0"') . '</a>';

to

echo '<a href="'.tep_href_link('popup_image.php','pID='.$PID.'&invis='. $next).'">next</a>';

so the rest of the More Pics contrib works with image magic without any mods?

Yes I think so!

Check it out ... http://www.supertent.co.uk the only product with extra pics is the 5th season exo at the moment.

I'll changed them to text for now.

Cheers,

Jon.

Edited by bodleytunes

Surfalot,

Any other ideas?

Thanks

I am sure the solution you want is this one

Make an intermediate-sized image for the product info page by adding a

"multiplier" to the SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH & SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT values in

product_info.php

For example, to make the image on the product info page twice as large as the

thumbnail, replace the values with:

(SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2) and

(SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT*2)

There are *two* occurences each of WIDTH/HEIGHT so be sure to change them both!

Make sure the multiplier you use does not make your intermediate size image

larger than the original, or the image will not be output.

Credits go to installation notes for 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library by Nate Welch (v1.5).

Tonyh