• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

OK, here's a quick try at this. Find this code in catalog/includes/modules/more_pics.php (Line 134)

if ($num_products_images > 1) {
		$small_images_string .= '			 <a href="' . tep_href_link (basename ($PHP_SELF), 'products_id=' . $products_id . '#morepics') . '" name="morepics" ' . MORE_PICS_MOUSE_OPERATION . '="document.MainImage.src=\'' . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $images['image_filename'] . '\'">' . tep_image (DIR_WS_IMAGES . $images['image_filename'], $products_name, $image_width, $image_height, 'class="productsImages"') . '</a>';
	  }
	  $small_images_string .= '		   </td>' . "\n";

and add this just after it:

if (MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW > 0 && MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW == $images_order+1) {
		$small_images_string .= '		 </tr>' . "\n";
		$small_images_string .= '		 <tr>' . "\n";
	  }

Then run this SQL on your database:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES(NULL, 'Small Image Rows', 'MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW', '0', 'Set the maximum number of small images in a row. Location = Top or Bottom only. 0 = Off.', 6124, 40, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Now go to your More Pics Admin and set Small Image Rows to the maximum number of thumbnails you want in a row.

This is untested, so beware of fat-finger typos. Please let me know if it works for you.

Regards

Jim

I have followed this solution, setting images per row to 3. It works for the the first row...but the remaining images (12 of them...all get placed on the second row).

Is it possible to amend this code so that each row displays only 3 images?

Thanks

Riz

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first line of the added code is wrong. My bad. Try this instead:

if (MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW > 0 && ($images_order % MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW) == 0) {

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The first line of the added code is wrong. My bad. Try this instead:

if (MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW > 0 && ($images_order % MORE_PICS_IMAGE_ROW) == 0) {

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim. That worked.

Just a word of warning for those that have even less PHP know how than me....you may need to adjust the second "0" to +1...+2...or something else...in order to fix the way the images are displayed in the rows. For example, I had 14 images, and each row was meant to display 3 images each (the last one would only have 2 images). With the "0" setting above....the first and last row had one image each and the rows in between had the full 3 images. For me, "+2 fixed this so that all rows had 3 images...except for the last one that had 2.

Riz.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks for this contribution.

I've ran Autoinstaller 2.7 for More pics 6 v1.4.3.

Everythin works fine.

Is it possible that inslattation could change some text fields?

Here is an example:

screenshot

It is in the http://www.******.pl/admin/index.php

In Admin panel > Customers > Customers Everythink is in my language

In which .php file i could "translate" it?

The missing translations should be in /admin/includes/languages/[iNSERT YOUR LANGUAGE HERE]/customers.php

An unmodified english version of the file looks like this:

<?php
/*
 $Id: customers.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Customers');
define('HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH', 'Search:');

define('TABLE_HEADING_FIRSTNAME', 'First Name');
define('TABLE_HEADING_LASTNAME', 'Last Name');
define('TABLE_HEADING_ACCOUNT_CREATED', 'Account Created');
define('TABLE_HEADING_ACTION', 'Action');

define('TEXT_DATE_ACCOUNT_CREATED', 'Account Created:');
define('TEXT_DATE_ACCOUNT_LAST_MODIFIED', 'Last Modified:');
define('TEXT_INFO_DATE_LAST_LOGON', 'Last Logon:');
define('TEXT_INFO_NUMBER_OF_LOGONS', 'Number of Logons:');
define('TEXT_INFO_COUNTRY', 'Country:');
define('TEXT_INFO_NUMBER_OF_REVIEWS', 'Number of Reviews:');
define('TEXT_DELETE_INTRO', 'Are you sure you want to delete this customer?');
define('TEXT_DELETE_REVIEWS', 'Delete %s review(s)');
define('TEXT_INFO_HEADING_DELETE_CUSTOMER', 'Delete Customer');
define('TYPE_BELOW', 'Type below');
define('PLEASE_SELECT', 'Select One');
?>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

That is not it :(

In customers.php everythinG is fine, in admin.php (as i attached screenshot) text isn't translated.

Am I right:

Every line that contains:

define('EXAMPLE_TEXT_1', 'Translated text');

I can edit green as I wish with leaving red without any changes?

Then I have no clue.

My admin/index.php looks nothing like that at all.

You must have a mod installed or some custom coding.

You'll just have to look thru the files it's using and find/fix it yourself I guess.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Does anyone know why the product image on the products.php would be missing?

I've installed More pics as instructed...and it's all working apart from this.

products.php isn't even one of the pages that was changed - there was no mention in the instructions that this page required any changes.

Any help would be much appreciated...been spending hours on this :o(

osCommerce doesn't have a "products.php". If that's something you've added, you'll need to modify it to make it work with More Pics.

Regards

Jim

osCommerce doesn't have a "products.php". If that's something you've added, you'll need to modify it to make it work with More Pics.

Regards

Jim

Yes, you're right Jim.

Sorry, its been a couple of years since I set this site up and I have forgotten why I added it. Going through my notes, it seems to be a page I've possibly renamed as the page’s function is to list all the products per category (i.e. it's the page you see when you click on the category links on the left).

In any case, I resolved my problem - I hadn't copied the code in "product_listing.php" 100% correctly. Thank god for Winmerge...or it would have taken me more than the 3-4 hours it took me to work out. :-"

• 2 weeks later...

ADDITION TO MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE:

In the product_reviews_info.php file, the replacing code is not the same as in the other two files because this PHP uses another name of picture function (it uses

$review['products_image']

instead of

$product_info['products_image']

), so it's necessary to change the replacing code:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $review['products_image']) . '" rel="lightbox[roadtrip]">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $review['products_image'], $review['products_name'], (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
<noscript>
<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $review['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $review['products_image'], $review['products_name'], (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH), (MOPICS_RESTRICT_PARENT=='false'?'':SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT), 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>
</noscript>

Hi there Matěj (hope you're still around),

I have successfully installed More Pics Advanced 2.0.6 but I have noticed that the photos on the /product_reviews_info.php, /product_reviews.php and /admin/reviews.php still show the image that I used before I installed this add-on. The Readme.txt made no references to changing these files...so I followed your instruction above (for /product_reviews_info.php) but it does not work.

Can you (or anyone) help? I've spent hours on this. :'(

• 8 months later...

Hi

First of all, I wish to thank you for great contribution.

I'm new to oscommerce, been working with joomla for past two years, but this customer of mine has a live webshop on oscommerce 2.2rc2

I've installed more pics cont. without a problem, and it's working as a charm.

But I would like to reposition it in product view. Could you help me with that?

here is the web shop on test server

http://md-projekt.hr/osc2/product_info.php?products_id=372

I would like to have your gallery just on the right od original picture. So that first are main pic on the left and gallery on the right, then facebook like, then description and then youtube video.

Is it achivable?

I can send you product_info.php if that would help?

Thanks in advance,

Ivan

You can move things around to achieve any look that you want. However, that means editing catalog/product_info.php and moving things around. The More Pics sections are marked with comments so you should be able to find them easily. For the rest, you may need to do some experimenting. Keep backups of every change so you can back out if you mess things up.

Regards

Jim

• 2 months later...

Hi,Jim,

I just installed more pics and found that CSS box just support more pics advanced,but easy populate does not support more pics advanced feature,while easy populate supports more pics classic,but CSS box does not support more pics classic.How can I use more pics classic with CSS box.Do you have any plan to upgrade your more pics version so that your CSS box can support more pics classic,so that we can combine your more pics classic with css box with easy populate? I still prefer to Osc 2.2 MS2,because there are a lot of contributions to Osc 2.2 MS2 that we can adopt and so many smart people got involve into it.and Osc2.2 MS2 is easier for me to modify,because I really don't have time to learn new tricks in Osc 2.3.1.I wish you could develop more versions suitable for Osc2.2.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Joe

@@ilosc6316

MS2.2 has long been discontinued and there is no longer support for it. Eventually, as your server updates its software you will be forced to update your store to the latest version.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to install Osc2.2 on our newer linux server,I think Php and mysql is new enough,it runs fast,I just pay attention to the Osc2.2

security issue,and a lot of smart people gave us a lot of good contributions and hints on how to protect our Osc2.2 and web server in Osc community.We are just small business,struggling for surviving,not trying to get business from all over the world.We just show the site and contents to the people we know.If there are some products popup in market,we just upload them.So Osc2.2 is enough for our small business owners,small web store.We just like something simple, easy, and quick to adopt and control.Efficiency is more important to us.

Joe

@@ilosc6316

Your original post was about MS2.2,,,,,but your last post mentions v2.2 which is an RC 1 or 2a release. Perhaps being more specific about your version would fix the confusion.

Chris

• 2 months later...

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 is obsolete and no longer very well supported. More Pics, both the classic and advanced versions, work reasonably well with that code. Since so few people are still using something that old, there are no plans to update it. It looks like you are the only person that wants this update, so it's up to you to update it or hire someone to do it for you.

I recommend that you move to osCommerce 2.3.2. You're getting to the point where you are no longer able to apply security patches because your code is too different. It's only a matter of time before that catches up with you.

Regards

Jim

• 4 months later...

hi jim using the latest i have uninstalled it for now I'm basically looking at adding a few more images with my products can you recommend an addon thats relatively easy to install? also any idea why my icons i.e english banner do not show up inside admin?

Thnaks for giving me your time guys its a help