• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

Another question: when I ran big_images_install.php I get this error message:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_mediumimage' in 'field list'

select products_image, products_mediumimage, products_largeimage, products_id from products

[TEP STOP]

is this because it's created for another contribution and not the popup_image.php page?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter." (Theodor Seuss Geisel)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated in the instructions, the Big Images install is coded for a specific set of image Addons. There are instructions for modifying it to work with whichever one you are using. If you need more help, I need to know which image Addon you have.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Then you need to be using the standard installer. Please read the instructions for us of the installers.

Regards

Jim

Hey another question (this might be a trend for awhile bear with me)

On the website I'm working on a product can either have 1 or many images. If a product has one image and a person clicks on the zoom it will pop up in a separate window with a 'previous' and 'next' image but for some reason it's showing up without the product image even though 'Use in Popup' is set to

true by default.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter." (Theodor Seuss Geisel)

Then you need to be using the standard installer. Please read the instructions for us of the installers.

Regards

Jim

I didn't - because the website was created via a template but Beyond Compare has been pretty (okay, beyond) helpful

Check your image for that product in Admin > Catalog > Product Images. Is the Popup flag set (green) for that image?

Regards

Jim

another thing:

In the configuration for More Pics there is this option: 'Show Original Image on Product Info page'

Now if I have multiple images there is no need to show the original image because all of them can be rolled over and can be viewed. But what happens when there is only one image if I set the configuration to false - then no image shows up. Is there a way to work around that?

Thanks again :D

That single image should show in the popup under those conditions. Perhaps something else is interfering. Can you give me a link to your site?

Note that I don't recommend using a single image on all pages. The image resizing in the browser is inefficient and often gives poor results. Try to use 3 appropriate sizes of images for the Category, Product, and Popup images.

The original image is designed for cases where there may be only one image or there may be multiple images. You can add that same image a second time for those products that on have only one image; then it will show in your More Pics section. Or you could rearrange the HTML on the Products page to make that image look like part of the More Pics images. Or you can use the CSS image switcher and leave the default image there as a link to the larger images. There are many possibilities, depending on what you want your page to look like.

Regards

Jim

Your thumbnails are not the same size to start with. They are 350px × 294px, 569px × 650px, and 320px × 275px respectively. The image box sets the size by the default image, and resizes all the rest to that size. This is a browser problem so we can't fix it. At least I have never found a way around it. The only solution is to make all of your images the same size to start with, or at least the same aspect ratio. This could be done here by resizing the second and third images to match the first. You would also need to add some white space to preserve the aspect ratio.

Regards

Jim

Your thumbnails are not the same size to start with. They are 350px × 294px, 569px × 650px, and 320px × 275px respectively. The image box sets the size by the default image, and resizes all the rest to that size. This is a browser problem so we can't fix it. At least I have never found a way around it. The only solution is to make all of your images the same size to start with, or at least the same aspect ratio. This could be done here by resizing the second and third images to match the first. You would also need to add some white space to preserve the aspect ratio.

Regards

Jim

That makes sense of course but maybe I'm missing the concept: you have the images link in the admin folder and you can add as many images as you'd like I guess 1 small one is for categories 1 medium one for products and one large one for popups - now if you add 3 additional images for different views of the products -- all 6 will show up?

The small image will show in the listing for the category and other places where the small image is normally used in osC. The medium image shows on the product page. Neither of these will show in the image selector; only the popup image and the images with no flags will show up there. This makes sense if you understand how osC uses the different sized images.

Regards

Jim

okay now I see what you mean (the category one doesn't show up as a thumbnail) but the product and pop up show up as a thumbnail they are exactly the same image except one is larger than the other - that doesn't make sense to me..

Edited by jesuisunique

Okay I've been doing some playing and I was able to show only the images I wanted but I still don't know how to show the original image when there is only one photo and not show it when there is more than one photo.

You can change it to look the way you want it to. Look at the Admin configuration options, and if that's not enough you can modify the page code to give you a different look.

Regards

Jim

Okay I've been doing some playing and I was able to show only the images I wanted but I still don't know how to show the original image when there is only one photo and not show it when there is more than one photo.

On second thought I will follow your sage advice and not have only one photo for all..

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing! Success! I think it was all a matter of playing around with the config settings..and three separate images. Thank you Jim for all your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

How do I tell which version I have installed, I know it is MorePics but I cannot find a way to see a version number?

I'm looking for a way to use lightbox and add more pictures (3 or 4 on some products) but at the moment you dont know there are more pictures until you click on the image, then you get a little arrow under the image which is easy to miss...

Can anybody help me out please?

website is :

http://tinyurl.com/yhcebcw

Thank you

There's no easy way to tell what version is installed. You should keep records of the Addons you install, the version number, and the date. If you're stuck with somebody else's changes, the only way to find the version is to look at the code and the database and compare them to the distribution. More Pics Advanced has an additional database table: products_images. The classic version has six fields added to the products table. The various versions of the Classic and Advanced versions will have differences in the code, mostly in the Admin area.

There is a Lightbox addon for Classic More Pics in the distribution downloads.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

I checked the database and it has the six fields added to the product table, I'm thinking, can I remove the more pics and add the newer version - I'm looking for something with the lightbox addon, but I'm wondering if a newer version of the addon will be better?

Thanks