• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

You can change the link if you want to. You would never be able to see, change, or delete existing images, so I don't see this working very well. It's up to you.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can change the link if you want to. You would never be able to see, change, or delete existing images, so I don't see this working very well. It's up to you.

Regards

Jim

I only want to skip a page on that section, so then it takes me to the page where I normally upload the product pictures.

Hi Everyone,

Has anybody notest the problem duplicating a product with this addon?

The name appears twice in the product list (admin). I'm wondering if anyone has addressed this issue.

Regards,

Nick

That's a known bug caused by copying products. The image doesn't get copied properly. You can fix it by going into the Images page and deleting the duplicate images. I'll fix this bug, but first I have to find it.

Regards

Jim

That's a known bug caused by copying products. The image doesn't get copied properly. You can fix it by going into the Images page and deleting the duplicate images. I'll fix this bug, but first I have to find it.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim

Edited by nikotome

• 4 weeks later...

It's quite possible. Like any Addon that affects images, you will have to modify both of these to work with More Pics. I don't see the changes as being very extensive.

SEO images? Seriously? Good grief.

Regards

Jim

It's quite possible. Like any Addon that affects images, you will have to modify both of these to work with More Pics. I don't see the changes as being very extensive.

SEO images? Seriously? Good grief.

Regards

Jim

I think that's very difficult because there are a lot of lines of code of the More pics that affects to those addon's.

Another problem it's the bad explinations for a new installation without replace original archives. I must search the difference on twice archives (my catalog and More pics catalog).

If anybody get the solutions... Thanks

If there's an incorrect explanation in More Pics, please let me know where it is so I can correct it.

Yes, you can't just replace lines of code blindly -- you need to understand what the code is doing. This will require learning some things. If you're going to wait for someone else to do all of the work for you, you are likely to have a long wait.

Also, I was serious about that so-called SEO Images. I'm having a hard time thinking of anything more useless.

Regards

Jim

I'm website programmer, and I know PHP, XHTML, Javascript, CSS... and with almost 15 years of experience ;-)

The problem for me it's that in Read_me.txt you don't explain witch lines in the list:

2.1.4 Modified Files:

catalog/admin/categories.php

catalog/admin/specials.php

catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/espanol/categories.php

catalog/advanced_search_result.php

catalog/index.php

catalog/popup_image.php

catalog/product_info.php

catalog/products_new.php

catalog/reviews.php

catalog/stylesheet.css

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

catalog/includes/filenames.php

catalog/includes/boxes/reviews.php

catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php

catalog/includes/classes/boxes.php

catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/product_info.php

catalog/includes/modules/also_purchased_products.php

catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php

catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

We must change in a new instalation, and it's very difficult compare twice files ;-)

If you want I can sent to you my original files with a lot changes, because I use almost 10 addons ;-)

I'm very interesting to use More pics, but with the another ones.

If you have that much experience, I don't see why you are having any problems with this. Perhaps the problem is your comparison program. Which program are you using?

Regards

Jim

I use Winmerge and I have very little trouble identifying changes. I have stores with over 50 major Addons and I can still find and make changes based on the modified files. More Pics code has all of the changes marked, so there should be no confusion about where the changes are. I still don't see why you find this so difficult.

And you never did say which part of the instructions has errors and what they are.

Regards

Jim

Your link is now returning a blank page. You have errors in your installation. If you want to uninstall or start over, just overwrite your files with the backup copy you made before starting to add More Pics.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help with this please. On the product info page I have a small imge in the corner, but I want to remove the zoom image underneath and make the image non clickable as I have a large picture underneath the product info text. How can I do this please?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question regarding the readme.txt --> it says that the most recent package (may 10, 2010 More Pics 2.0.7 Combined) has new files.

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/espanol/images.php

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_new_image.gif

catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_show_all.gif

I can't find them in the contribution was that removed unintentionally or on purpose?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter." (Theodor Seuss Geisel)

Those files all exist in my copy, and that was what I uploaded. Perhaps a problem with your Zip file utility?

Regards

Jim

Those files all exist in my copy, and that was what I uploaded. Perhaps a problem with your Zip file utility?

Regards

Jim

weird maybe the directory name was too long -- will try again thanks!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter." (Theodor Seuss Geisel)