• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

I haven't tried that one, but it seems to be similar to Advanced More Pics, at least in the way it handles images. If you have the Classic More Pics already installed, upgrading to the Advanced version would probably be easier than trying a whole new addon. It's up to you to pick what you want though. I'm here if you need advice or debugging help.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, I think I'm trying the Advanced MORE PICS today. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jim, I think I'm trying the Advanced MORE PICS today. I'll let you know how it goes.

I installed advanced pics on a localhost.. when i try clicking on manage product images, i get this:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_hide_session_id() in W:\www\shop\admin\images.php on line 220

please help!!

You've installed on an older version of osCommerce that is not supported. I suggest upgrading to 2.2RC2a. You could also search this forum for the instructions to fix your obsolete version.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

You've installed on an older version of osCommerce that is not supported. I suggest upgrading to 2.2RC2a. You could also search this forum for the instructions to fix your obsolete version.

Regards

Jim

its gonna be long night :((( yes, im on MS2 -- found upgrade instrictions.. May as well do it!!

What will happen onec version 3.o comes out?? Heard you can upgarde then??

Will all this be obsolete then and for nothing??

The equivalent of More Pics is built into 3.0, so I suspect that an upgrade will be fairly simple. I don't know how long it will be before there is an upgrade path available, and I don't intend to wait. I've seen many software projects fail because they were counting on/waiting for some future upgrade of something that never happened, or was delayed for too long. This is depressingly common. So, if you want to get anything done, develop for the environment that you currently have, and don't worry about the future.

You'll likely be making changes to your store for quite a while anyway. The world changes, and you need to be able to adapt to changing business needs. The Internet has made these changes happen much faster than they used to, so get used to near-constant site tweaks.

Now that I've wandered way off the topic -- good luck with your upgrade!

Regards

Jim

The equivalent of More Pics is built into 3.0, so I suspect that an upgrade will be fairly simple. I don't know how long it will be before there is an upgrade path available, and I don't intend to wait. I've seen many software projects fail because they were counting on/waiting for some future upgrade of something that never happened, or was delayed for too long. This is depressingly common. So, if you want to get anything done, develop for the environment that you currently have, and don't worry about the future.

You'll likely be making changes to your store for quite a while anyway. The world changes, and you need to be able to adapt to changing business needs. The Internet has made these changes happen much faster than they used to, so get used to near-constant site tweaks.

Now that I've wandered way off the topic -- good luck with your upgrade!

Regards

Jim

Jim, I upated bit by bit. The contrib is working.

SO I have it the way I wanted. With a main image box and smaller thumbnails below. As I hover on the thumbnails the image in the main box changes to a larger version of the thumbnail.

Only the problem with that main, big box is that its only 90x90 -- where do I change the size??

The big image is the size of the first image in the database for that product. I recommend that you make all of the images the same size, at least for a given product. Different image sizes may cause some of the images to appear distorted.

Regards

Jim

The big image is the size of the first image in the database for that product. I recommend that you make all of the images the same size, at least for a given product. Different image sizes may cause some of the images to appear distorted.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim it works!!

Anyways got another issue. In the product_listing page, no images are appearing :(

I tried setting one of the images under the image manager to the ''green light'' for category..

not showing in the category region.

do you think i missed some coding??

It sounds like you missed an edit or two. There are several in the index.php file and in the product listing module. Check both of those and you should find the problem.

Regards

Jim

It sounds like you missed an edit or two. There are several in the index.php file and in the product listing module. Check both of those and you should find the problem.

Regards

Jim

thanx jim.. im in south africa, it 12am here.. need sleep 4 now :)) i'll keep u posted.. really appreciate ur help!!

Regards

Jim

Jim, I have an issue again..

In admin, everytime I try to copy the product, I end up getting 2 additional products of the same name. The one then has double the images of the original, the other has no images.

What's more is that the original one has it's own images doubled ??

So now there's duplication issues and I'm getting double images!!!

Confused, where must I look to fix this, please help!!!

There seems to be a bug in the Copy function. I'm looking for it now.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, also getting an error in the admin/specials.php -- The specials work fine, its just an error message that pops up. I reverted back to the unedited admin/special.php -- error disappears. Only when edited for MOREPICS does it show up. This is the error:

Warning: Division by zero in W:\www\shop\admin\specials.php on line 260

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in W:\www\shop\admin\specials.php on line 193

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in W:\www\shop\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in W:\www\shop\admin\includes\classes\object_info.php on line 18

Bugs, bugs ... it's going to be one of those days, isn't it?

For the first one (admin/categories.php) change this code (Line 327 in the distribution)

products_id = '" . $images['products_id'] . "',

to this

products_id = '" . (int) $dup_products_id . "',

The bug in admin/specials.php will only happen if there is no image flaggeed for the Products page. To keep the warning from showing up, change this code (Line 195)

$sInfo_array = array_merge($specials, $products);

to this

$sInfo_array = array_merge ( (array) $specials, (array) $products);

That should be all of them, unless I missed something hidden. Not like that ever happens.

Regards

Jim

GENIUS YOU ARE JIM LOL!!

Got one more error for you..

This one may be my coding on product_info.php >> the popup is not working -- yes, I enabled it in config too..

On the bottom my browser theres the message ''Error on page.''

Line: 73

Char: 3

Error: 'currentLink.className' is null or not an object

Code: 0

URL:http://localhost/shop/product_info.php?products_id=970

Like I said, this may be my fault with coding. I restored to product_info.php without MOREPICS -- all okay.. I'll only be able to double check tomorrow now :(

And one more thingy.. the black box around the image that is dispalyed on product_info.php -- how do I remove the black box or change it's colour??

Chat 2moro.. thanks Jim, contrib is A+++

The popup works on my test server, so please check your edits on that page. It looks like part of the Javascript that does the popup is missing or corrupted.

The box is a standard osCommerce box, so the colors match the rest of your boxes. To remove the border, set your Admin -> Configuration -> More Pics -> Box frame style to Plain.

Thanks for the clear bug reports. I'll post an update as soon as I can get one together.

Regards

Jim

Hi

I`m tryng to get this contribution working with Products Images Folder tree and i got stuck. It seems that the first photo is working as planed but the other 6 photos (the 6 photos from this addon) is not working as needed. I`ve managed to make the addon to upload the photos to the designated product folder but the other 6 new photos are displayd from the images folder, and not from the designated product folder. I`ve made the modification so that the 2 contributions to understand each other - but no succes.

Does anyone solved this ? I`m using RC2.2a and the code looks like this ...

"

// EOF Categories and Products Images Folder Tree

$prod_path = $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'];

$lchar = strrpos($prod_path, '_');

if ($lchar + 1 == 1) {

$lachar = 0;

} else {

$lachar = $lchar + 1;

}

$prod_path_id = substr($prod_path, $lachar);

$prod_folder = tep_output_generated_category_path_fs($prod_path_id);

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $prod_folder);

if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {

$products_image_name = $products_image->filename;

// BOF Categories and Products Images Folder Tree

$products_image_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_image->filename;

} else {

// BOF Categories and Products Images Folder Tree

//$products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');

$products_image_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'];

}

// BOF: More Pics 6

// copy subimage1 only if modified

$products_subimage1 = new upload('products_subimage1');

$products_subimage1->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_subimage1->parse() && $products_subimage1->save()) {

$products_subimage1_name = $products_subimage1->filename;

// BOF Categories and Products Images Folder Tree/filetrap

$products_subimage1_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_subimage1->filename;

// EOF Categories and Products Images Folder Tree/filetrap

} else {

$products_subimage1_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_subimage1'];

}

// copy subimage2 only if modified

$products_subimage2 = new upload('products_subimage2');

$products_subimage2->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_subimage2->parse() && $products_subimage2->save()) {

$products_subimage2_name = $products_subimage2->filename;

$products_subimage2_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_subimage2->filename;

} else {

$products_subimage2_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_subimage2'];

}

// copy subimage3 only if modified

$products_subimage3 = new upload('products_subimage3');

$products_subimage3->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_subimage3->parse() && $products_subimage3->save()) {

$products_subimage3_name = $products_subimage3->filename;

$products_subimage3_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_subimage3->filename;

} else {

$products_subimage3_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_subimage3'];

}

// copy subimage4 only if modified

$products_subimage4 = new upload('products_subimage4');

$products_subimage4->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_subimage4->parse() && $products_subimage4->save()) {

$products_subimage4_name = $products_subimage4->filename;

$products_subimage4_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_subimage4->filename;

} else {

$products_subimage4_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_subimage4'];

}

// copy subimage5 only if modified

$products_subimage5 = new upload('products_subimage5');

$products_subimage5->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_subimage5->parse() && $products_subimage5->save()) {

$products_subimage5_name = $products_subimage5->filename;

$products_subimage5_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_subimage5->filename;

} else {

$products_subimage5_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_subimage5'];

}

// copy subimage6 only if modified

$products_subimage6 = new upload('products_subimage6');

$products_subimage6->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_subimage6->parse() && $products_subimage6->save()) {

$products_subimage6_name = $products_subimage6->filename;

$products_subimage6_name2 = $prod_folder . $products_subimage6->filename;

} else {

$products_subimage6_name2 = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_subimage6'];

}

// EOF: More Pics 6

"

The popup works on my test server, so please check your edits on that page. It looks like part of the Javascript that does the popup is missing or corrupted.

The box is a standard osCommerce box, so the colors match the rest of your boxes. To remove the border, set your Admin -> Configuration -> More Pics -> Box frame style to Plain.

Thanks for the clear bug reports. I'll post an update as soon as I can get one together.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, check your private messages. I'm having an issue getting descriptions to show up on product_info.php -- all explained in the message with the code pasted.

Please look, please help again!!

First, look in your database. Is the description text there? If not, check your edits in the top part of admin/categories.php, in the sections starting with

case 'insert_product':
  case 'update_product':

If the description text is in the database, your problem is in catalog/product_info.php.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim, check your private messages. I'm having an issue getting descriptions to show up on product_info.php -- all explained in the message with the code pasted.

Please look, please help again!!

never mind.. figured it out on product_info.php. depends on the position

The frames around the images are in your stylesheet. Look at IMG.productsImages and IMG.productsMainImage

Regards

Jim

this below is totally unrelated to morepics. just would appreciate your knowledge/advice on how to adjust. I have XCEL products, basically a recommended product contrib. The table layout for appearing on product_info.php is as such that the image is displayed and the name and price are on the right side of the image. the buy ow buttons are below the image. i'd like to move the product name and price BELOW the image and above the buy now buttons. below is the structure. i'm good with seeing tables and positions in code. maybe ou can help on how to adjust the thing.. just thought i'd ask you:

<td width=174 valign=top style="padding-left: 3px">

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width=160>

<tr><td height=13></td></tr>

<tr><td width=73 valign=top><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $xsell['products_image'], $xsell['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'vspace=0') . '</a></td>

<td width=87 valing=top>

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>

<tr><td height=50 valign=middle><a class="pr_name" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '"> ' . $xsell['products_name'] . '</a></td></tr>

<tr><td><span class=ch6>only:</span> <span class=ch7>'.$currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])).'</span></td></tr>

</table>

</td></tr>

<tr><td height=14></td></tr>

<tr><td colspan=2 style="padding-left: 12px"><a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php','products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('small_view.gif') . '</a><span style="padding-left: 6px"></span><a href="' . tep_href_link('product_info.php','products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif') . '</a></td></tr>

<tr><td height=15></td></tr>

</table>

</td>