• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] More_pics_6 v1.1 For osC 2.2 MS2

surfalot

And I do have a question too...

I installed this contrib (with the thumbnails and so on by matrix france), everything seems to be OK (the CSS "popup" is great, uploading of images works) BUT the thumbs aren't shown (image doesn't exist, which is true) - the folder is there, it's chmod 777 but nothing's ever inside. No images, no files. How is that possible? Just look at it - http://eshop.e78.cz/product_info.php?products_id=50 . Is anyone able to help? :'(

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have version 1.3b installed. Is this fix for the specific browser and version of browser needed in v1.3b?

Also, is there a way to make the popup browser window to have the scroll bars enabled? I am resizing my image height but that is based upon a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels. They are actually smaller to accommodate the navigation buttons.

Also, I have tried different modifications to enable the text; e.g., Next and Previous, to be text constants defined in the appropriate language files; e.g., english, espanol, etc., but without success. An way to enable that functionality?

Thanks for the contribution as it saved me having to maintain old html pages from my FrontPage developed site for the additional images.

I am using the ImageMagic version of popup_images.php

not unless you see some features in the new versions you want. this should help, it came from a contributor of Additional Images.

find in popup_image.php: ...

I have More_Pics_6 version 1.2c and the auto thumbnail by matrix france installed and working beautifully. I would like to be able to have the shopping cart and product info pictures in different sizes from the product listing size, so I tried to install the mod 'control more image sizes'. I can get it to recognize the image sizes (the broken image box is the correct size), but it is not pulling the images. (I get the broken image box) Can anyone give me a clue to merging these two, or is there another way to set the images to different sizes for different pages?

BTW, there isn't enough thankyou in the world for being part of such a dynamic community :thumbsup:

Let me get this straight, if I modify the reviews files as you suggest, that is going to have an effect on the dimension of my pictures on the product info and shopping cart pages?

I have the light box stuff in there already. I am trying to have a picture of 100 x 100 for the product listing page, 150 x150 for the product info page, and 50 x 50 for the shopping cart. The lightbox is fine, the popup is fine, and I don't use the reviews at all.

I looked at your page and you are right, for some reason it is not putting your pictures into the imagecache folder. Have you gone back through the install step by step? Perhaps something did not get uploaded quite right.

learn...love...laugh...live

Let me get this straight, if I modify the reviews files as you suggest, that is going to have an effect on the dimension of my pictures on the product info and shopping cart pages?

I have the light box stuff in there already. I am trying to have a picture of 100 x 100 for the product listing page, 150 x150 for the product info page, and 50 x 50 for the shopping cart. The lightbox is fine, the popup is fine, and I don't use the reviews at all.

I looked at your page and you are right, for some reason it is not putting your pictures into the imagecache folder. Have you gone back through the install step by step? Perhaps something did not get uploaded quite right.

No, of course not, I was answering the original task - to add the lightbox support for images in reviews. The thing you want to do is a little bit more complicated and I'm not able to help you with that. Anyway the hint I sent about implementation of the lightbox into reviews is (in my point of view) quite useful for some people.

Now back to my answer - of course I went through the install process step by step again but in fact I haven't almost changed any files, most of them I directly uploaded because I made no changes in them before. I was talking with the hosting support technician and he said it might be a problem of safe mode, so they try to turn it off and then we'll see. But it would be really bad and I would be very sad if it doesn't work :(.

I am terribly sorry for the misunderstanding, I saw the repeat of my question in the reply and assumed you meant it for me.

I think the lightbox in the review thing is incredibly handy, and I did not mean to belittle it in any way.

I thought about going through the install again because in the last few days my FTP has been unreliable - it uploads the files fine and then 'tacks on' things at the end of the files. (And I use PHPpad so that's not the prob.)

It would be very sad if you did not get this to work - it is so convenient. :'(

Wizaard:

I just added a couple of products and found myself staring at the broken image box. Checked the imagecache folder and guess what? My new images were not there! All of my previous thumbs were fine on my page and in imagecache. So I deleted everything in the imagecache folder to force a refresh. No go. I deleted the thumbs file from the main image folder and at the same time noticed that the imagecache folder was set to 755, so I changed it to 777. Glory be, I had pics again! Even the new ones. Of course I thought of you immediately, and I sincerely hope that yours can be just as simple :rolleyes:

Wizaard:

I just added a couple of products and found myself staring at the broken image box. Checked the imagecache folder and guess what? My new images were not there! All of my previous thumbs were fine on my page and in imagecache. So I deleted everything in the imagecache folder to force a refresh. No go. I deleted the thumbs file from the main image folder and at the same time noticed that the imagecache folder was set to 755, so I changed it to 777. Glory be, I had pics again! Even the new ones. Of course I thought of you immediately, and I sincerely hope that yours can be just as simple :rolleyes:

Thanks for info but I checked these thousand times before and everything was correct. But SHAME ON ME because I discovered the whole problem and the worst thing is that it was my fault, everything works now. I didn't create the imagecache folder by myself but let it to be created by the script, what my server didn't want to accept (actually there was some problem with ownership of the folder in fact), I remembered that something similar had happened to me some time ago, so I deleted the imagecache folder and created a new one and what happened? Everything has worked since I did it. So SHAME ON ME again and sorry for the stupid posts and problems. :blush:

I have version 1.3b installed. Is this fix for the specific browser and version of browser needed in v1.3b?

Also, is there a way to make the popup browser window to have the scroll bars enabled? I am resizing my image height but that is based upon a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels. They are actually smaller to accommodate the navigation buttons.

Also, I have tried different modifications to enable the text; e.g., Next and Previous, to be text constants defined in the appropriate language files; e.g., english, espanol, etc., but without success. An way to enable that functionality?

Thanks for the contribution as it saved me having to maintain old html pages from my FrontPage developed site for the additional images.

I am using the ImageMagic version of popup_images.php

that fix is needed only if you are having the problem KPGroup described.

for scroll bars, you need to modify this code in your products_info.php file

<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>

can't help with the text issue, I don't know anything about the image magic popup code.

Hi,

Maybe one of you can help me.

Today I installed the more_pics_6 v. 1.2c and almost everything is working fine. Almost because when I click on a thumbnail the wrong picture opens.

The last 3 hours I have reading on forums but I'm not getting the clue :'(

Please take a look at: http://www.merlijntjes-kinderkleding.nl/ca...;products_id=34

Sorry for my english.

Lieke

Hi,

Maybe one of you can help me.

Today I installed the more_pics_6 v. 1.2c and almost everything is working fine. Almost because when I click on a thumbnail the wrong picture opens.

The last 3 hours I have reading on forums but I'm not getting the clue :'(

Please take a look at: http://www.merlijntjes-kinderkleding.nl/ca...;products_id=34

Sorry for my english.

Lieke

I am using Firefox and the popups are the same as the not popped up pictures...

Hello Folks,

Firstly thanks for this great contrib.

However I found a problem I think it's a bug:

I've installed the latest version and have my product_info main image configured as PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH etc. (almost the same function as SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2) and this works perfectly, but when another infobox which shows a small image, for example "Whats New" or "Specials", then the product image on the product_info.php becomes pixelated. It seems like he enlarges the small_image thumbnail instead of reducing the normal one.

I've looked through all the messages in this forum but find no solution for it.

Have anyone a soluton for this, or has the same problem?

Any help will be very appriciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Arjan

Hello Folks,

Firstly thanks for this great contrib.

However I found a problem I think it's a bug:

I've installed the latest version and have my product_info main image configured as PRODUCT_IMAGE_WIDTH etc. (almost the same function as SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH*2) and this works perfectly, but when another infobox which shows a small image, for example "Whats New" or "Specials", then the product image on the product_info.php becomes pixelated. It seems like he enlarges the small_image thumbnail instead of reducing the normal one.

I've looked through all the messages in this forum but find no solution for it.

Have anyone a soluton for this, or has the same problem?

Any help will be very appriciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Arjan

which one do you consider the "most recent"? can you post links to an example of a working page and a not working page?

which one do you consider the "most recent"? can you post links to an example of a working page and a not working page?

Thanks for your reaction, Surfalot!

Here are 2 screenshots:

The good one

This is the one with a perfect product picture

The bad one

And this is the bad one. Nothing is changed except for specials and what's new box, which are on now.

I hope you have got answer for this....

Arjan

Thanks for your reaction, Surfalot!

Here are 2 screenshots:

The good one

This is the one with a perfect product picture

The bad one

And this is the bad one. Nothing is changed except for specials and what's new box, which are on now.

I hope you have got answer for this....

Arjan

that is unusual, but what I need is which version (by date uploaded) and I need to see the result html, not just a picture of it (links). there is obviously a problem in the HTML, but I have no way of determining what, whithout seeing it.

that is unusual, but what I need is which version (by date uploaded) and I need to see the result html, not just a picture of it (links). there is obviously a problem in the HTML, but I have no way of determining what, whithout seeing it.

OK! Again thanks Surfalot!

The site was running offline (still in development) But I've put it on the webserver...

Here is the link:

http://www.bestelwijn.nl/catalog/product_i...;products_id=31

Hope you can now see what the problem is

Arjan

OK! Again thanks Surfalot!

The site was running offline (still in development) But I've put it on the webserver...

Here is the link:

http://www.bestelwijn.nl/catalog/product_i...;products_id=31

Hope you can now see what the problem is

Arjan

your problem on that page is the real image is much smaller then the width and height defined in the html tag for the image. that causes stretching and the distortion you see.

your problem on that page is the real image is much smaller then the width and height defined in the html tag for the image. that causes stretching and the distortion you see.

But the image that was uploaded in the admin was the size you see in the pop-up, which shows a good quality. And if so, how can it be that when I put off the infoboxes with small images, the productinfo picture shows good? I've put off the infoboxes, so you can now see how it shows...

Thanks anyway!

Arjan

Hi all, I have this problem after install more_pics

wen i clik on image i receive this error: :blink:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in D:\Programmi\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\www\my_space\osc2\includes\header.php:178) in D:\Programmi\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\www\my_space\osc2\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 59

details of server

Windows NT STAR 5.0 build 2195 - PHP Version 5.1.2 - MySQL 4.1.18-nt

any idea?? :'( :'(

And if so, how can it be that when I put off the infoboxes with small images, the productinfo picture shows good?

don't know since you still haven't shown me this case. And you still aren't telling me what version you downloaded and installed.

But the image that was uploaded in the admin was the size you see in the pop-up, which shows a good quality.

my guess is that you may have vars used in your infoboxes that are changing details destine for your product info page. Since you have a version installed that I didn't upload, I can't help much more since I don't know that version.

Edited by surfalot

Hi all, I have this problem after install more_pics

wen i clik on image i receive this error: :blink:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in D:\Programmi\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\www\my_space\osc2\includes\header.php:178) in D:\Programmi\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\www\my_space\osc2\includes\boxes\categories.php on line 59

details of server

Windows NT STAR 5.0 build 2195 - PHP Version 5.1.2 - MySQL 4.1.18-nt

any idea?? :'( :'(

please search the topic for that one, there's a couple good posts.

"redeclare tep_show_category"

don't know since you still haven't shown me this case. And you still aren't telling me what version you downloaded and installed.

my guess is that you may have vars used in your infoboxes that are changing details destine for your product info page. Since you have a version installed that I didn't upload, I can't help much more since I don't know that version.

OK, Sorry I did not tell you earlier but I've Installed version 1.3b Uploaded by Jordi. I thought it's best to install the most recent version!

Arjan

why are my popups so ugly?

I wanted to be sure that the prev and next buttons show up and work right, and this is what I am looking at:link to ugly popup

I have morepics 6 v1.3 and the lightbox. I don't even know where to start to fix this, the popup.php? the product_info.php? I found where the buttons are called, but I do not understand how they are taking that position!

OK, Sorry I did not tell you earlier but I've Installed version 1.3b Uploaded by Jordi. I thought it's best to install the most recent version!

Arjan

you might ask Jordi to join the conversation in support of the contribution Jordi uploaded. As far as I know, the versions I uploaded don't have that issue.

found it in the stylesheet in the section prevlink, nextlink, and their hovers

Next I will be trying to figure out how to position the links down in the bottom between the 'image x of x' and the close window.

I gave up on the lightbox (which is a wonderful mod - and I will probably try again after I do some speed optimizing) so I went back to the last mod uploaded by Surfalot.

Does anyone know of a way to add a css border to all product pictures including the category and product listings? I have done a google search on the osc forums, and read the posts, but I do not want to make 'unsanctioned' changes. And I am sure that someone has done this with morepics.