• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mutiple Product Associations

carolina4wd

I'm building a store for auto parts using OSC. I need to be able to match parts to the vehicles that they fit. I have been substituting manufacturer for the model of the vehicle but this is getting sloppy since many parts work on several different vehicles.

For example: Part number (model number) TT912374 can be used in a 72-76 Jeep CJ7 or a 97-06 Wrangler.

I have just been making a copy of the item for each manufacturer. Like I said.... sloppy.

Idealy I would like to use manufacturer for the actual manufacturer and have a separate field(s) for the vehicles it fits.

I've searched through the contributions and have not found anything. The only ideas that I have will require significant alteration of OSC.

Does anyone know of a contribution that would help?

Or maybe just an idea that could get me started?

Store is live at carolina4wd.com

Thanks! :D

Barrow

I'm building a store for auto parts using OSC. I need to be able to match parts to the vehicles that they fit. I have been substituting manufacturer for the model of the vehicle but this is getting sloppy since many parts work on several different vehicles.

For example: Part number (model number) TT912374 can be used in a 72-76 Jeep CJ7 or a 97-06 Wrangler.

I have just been making a copy of the item for each manufacturer. Like I said.... sloppy.

Idealy I would like to use manufacturer for the actual manufacturer and have a separate field(s) for the vehicles it fits.

I've searched through the contributions and have not found anything. The only ideas that I have will require significant alteration of OSC.

Does anyone know of a contribution that would help?

Or maybe just an idea that could get me started?

Store is live at carolina4wd.com

Thanks! :D

Barrow

There is no contribution for this. All of us in the same industry have written our own. Several of us has posted some really high level ideas on how to get started and there are several ways to skin this cat...

and yes it does require significant coding and integration in your overall design. Most of the work being giving the customer the ability to search by vehicle. the management of it on the backend for you is pretty easy to implement by starting with a contribution like EZ New fields EZ new Fields