• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Rate - does it really work ?

Can anyone tell me if Table Rate actually works, it has driven me insane for an entire day.

Here's what I have....

A product weights 550 grams each, I have it's weight entered as 0.550

My table rate says 1:4.75,2:9.60,3:13.30......etc

Purchasing one item works...

Purchasing two should equal $9.60 (2 x 0.550 = 1.100)

BUT NO, table rate refuses to accept..have tried all sorts opf other combinations too....am I doing something wrong..is it me or IT :-)

any help greatly appreciated

W

is it me or IT :-)

What do you think the answer is to that :D

It would help if you also tell what your table rate table refuses to accept. Your sample can be influenced by settings like Package Tare Weight, the Maximum Weight you will ship and the Large Packages percentage increase. Mostly the problem lies with the package tare weight not being set to 0 (or not taken into account) and/or the maximum weight for packages set to low

It would help if you also tell what your table rate table refuses to accept.

I thought I had explained the problem, but I'll explain again just for the fun of it.

a product's weight is set to 0.550

when i purchase one item the shipping cost is correct.

when i purchase two of them, the shipping cost shows the cost for a 2kg product

Package tare weight is ZERO

Maximum weight is set to 50

Large Package percentage is set to ZERO

Am I missing something here....no I dont think so..............!

Any sensible help would be appreciated.

I thought I had explained the problem, but I'll explain again just for the fun of it.

a product's weight is set to 0.550

when i purchase one item the shipping cost is correct.

when i purchase two of them, the shipping cost shows the cost for a 2kg product

Maximum weight is set to 50

Am I missing something here....no I dont think so..............!

Any sensible help would be appreciated.

Your table says: up to 1 kg. = 4.75

from 1 to 2 kg. = 9.60

from 2 to 3 kg. = 13.30

Package from 1.1 kg. falls into 'from 1 to 2 kg.' category which means 9.60. Seems okay to me.

Hmmm, sensible and fun.

Your table says: up to 1 kg. = 4.75

from 1 to 2 kg. = 9.60

from 2 to 3 kg. = 13.30

Package from 1.1 kg. falls into 'from 1 to 2 kg.' category which means 9.60. Seems okay to me.

Hmmm, sensible and fun.

Ok, let me start again.

a 1.1kg package should be in the 1 to 2 kg rate...but mine shows freight as $13.60, the 2 to 3 kg rate

I got different results with the table rates when I was testing it. Have you tried setting it like: 1:4.75,2:4.85,3:3.70 ?

Took me hours of messing around with mine until I gave up and downloaded the multiple zones shipping module, and used the tables in that. Good luck!

I've found a few posts from people have the exact same problem as me, so I guess I'm not alone, but cannot find a fix anywhere.

I reset everything...as below

(I'm using GRAMS)

Maximum weight is set to 10000

Shipping Table

500:4.65,1000:6.90,2000:9.80,3000:12.55

My product's weight is set to: 550

So, in theory, one product will weight 550gms and cost $6.90 in shipping...that calculates correctly.

Two of the same product will weight 1100gms and should still cost $6.90 (the 1000 to 2000 rate), BUT, it checks out at $9.80, the 2000 to 3000 rate....

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE.....VERY QUICKLY GOING INSANE...nearly two days working on this one problem now..not sure what else to do beside go fishing.....Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :-)

I've found a few posts from people have the exact same problem as me, so I guess I'm not alone, but cannot find a fix anywhere.

I reset everything...as below

(I'm using GRAMS)

Maximum weight is set to 10000

Shipping Table

My product's weight is set to: 550

So, in theory, one product will weight 550gms and cost $6.90 in shipping...that calculates correctly.

Two of the same product will weight 1100gms and should still cost $6.90 (the 1000 to 2000 rate), BUT, it checks out at $9.80, the 2000 to 3000 rate....

AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE.....VERY QUICKLY GOING INSANE...nearly two days working on this one problem now..not sure what else to do beside go fishing.....Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp :-)

Nope,

0 - 500 gram = 4.65

500 gram to 1 kg = 6.90

1 kg to 2 kg = 9.80

2 kg to 3 kg = 12.55

1 package of 550 gram = 6.90, 2 packages of 550 gram is 1.1 kg = 9.80

I got different results with the table rates when I was testing it. Have you tried setting it like: 1:4.75,2:4.85,3:3.70 ?

Took me hours of messing around with mine until I gave up and downloaded the multiple zones shipping module, and used the tables in that. Good luck!

Hi Nicky8184-

I am having a similar problem as well on mind. This module "SUCKS the BIG ONE!", whomever created it should have their head examine!

You mentioned that you downloaded the multiple zone shipping module and used the tables in that.

Tell me a bit more about how, and what happen to you that made you decide to go that route? Also, where is this to download? Is it on "OsCommerce" forum site? Where?!

Please, can you tell me, us!?

D. Morales

Hi Nicky8184-

I am having a similar problem as well on mind. This module "SUCKS the BIG ONE!", whomever created it should have their head examine!

You mentioned that you downloaded the multiple zone shipping module and used the tables in that.

Tell me a bit more about how, and what happen to you that made you decide to go that route? Also, where is this to download? Is it on "OsCommerce" forum site? Where?!

Please, can you tell me, us!?

D. Morales

Oops, it was the extra table rate module. Under Community, click on Contributions, then search for Extra Table Rate. Follow the readme file, and you can make as many php tables as you need, just rename each one as specified. In each file ,rename the TABLE_2 lines to TABLE_3 and so on. Be sure to do the same for the files located in the language folder.

iaustralia, this might be a good option for yours, and you can just disable the original table, using the second table rate file. Might correct the odd problem.

• 2 years later...
Yeah, that's a great help, thanks. Can anyone who knows what they are doing help out instead of just wasting my time.

The poster you were responding to here was right. Your table is working exactly as it is supposed to.

Let's break it down:

500:4.65 = Products LESS than 500 are $4.65

1000:6.90 = Products LESS than 1000 but heavier than 500 are $6.90

2000:9.80 = Products LESS than 2000 but heavier than 1000 are $9.80

1100 is heavier than 1000 and less than 2000 so $9.80 is the correct amount.