• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Attribuets?

I run an online jewelry shop. And I have searched but found no contribution, so far, that allows what I requier.

What I need is the ability to assign attributes to attributes. What I mean is this,

I have an Earing. and they come in multiple ring sizes and multiple ball sizes. But some ball sizes are only available with some ring sizes. Is is possible to be able to pick say 1/2" ring and then only be able to pick the ball size 3mm or 4mm. Or a 3/4" Ring size with ball size 3mm, 4mm, 5mm and 6mm?

I would make individual attributes for each, but we are looking at over 300,000 individual combonations.

Or a better example:

You sell a sweater. And that sweater comes in Sm Med Lg. And in 3 differnt colors. But lg in not available in all colors. so when you select lg, only the colors available show. so that you cant order a lg in blue becasue they dont exist.

I use QTpro 4.2. This lets you use sequencial dropdowns and limits your options to what is in stock. If you set the sizes you don't offer out-of-stock it may work. I would definately try to find something else though. I have a feeling that this would be a lot of work and would screw up any inventory tracking you use currently.

- Steve