• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPay Email

bobg7

Had a strange one with PayPal today and was wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

An order was placed at around 09:30 est. and I got my normal Order Email from osCommerce. Normally when the customer makes the PayPal payment I get another email saying something like Notification of payment received from PayPal. But not this time.

Figuring perhaps PayPal was having email issues, I waited for the email to arrive, nothing. I checked my PayPal account than it shows the payment has been made and all is ok.

Has anyone else ever had everything work except for the conformation email from PayPal? I have had over 500 orders via PayPal since opening the store and dozens of enquiries without an issue so I was wondering if this was just a gurp on PayPals part or the email just got lost.

On a side note, I did check my PayPal account just to make sure something didn't get hacked and it looks to be OK. And as a precaution, I also sent PayPal an email just to check.

Thanks in advance,

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Has anyone else ever had everything work except for the conformation email from PayPal? I have had over 500 orders via PayPal since opening the store and dozens of enquiries without an issue so I was wondering if this was just a gurp on PayPals part or the email just got lost.

One time a few years ago for an eBay payment. I never received a notification from Paypal but the payment was there in my account so I shipped and everything was okay. When your account looks fine and the money is there with everything normal I think you may conclude it's just a glitch from one of the Paypal servers (or your own hosts email server).

I had this happen to me yesterday too. The confirmation e-mail from PayPal eventually arrived - 12 hours later.

Can I refer you all to the thread I started entitled "PayPal IPN Invalid Process" - because I'm still getting that problem and it is driving me nuts!

I seems to have sorted it's self out, I got a flood (9) from PayPal this afternoon. I did send them an email and got a reply saying they were aware of the issue and were working on resolving it as quickly as possable. Sounded like a canned message to me but it's working.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.